Author Topic: A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs  (Read 4347 times)

esteban

A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 08:17:57 AM »
Q: Does anyone here want to see future Japanese-to-English language dubs?

A: I do.

If you do, too, you will listen to Burnt Lasagna when HE PLAINLY STATES HE IS OPPOSED TO REPRODUCTIONS (pressed CDs) for fan projects he is involved in.

Q: Have you ever heard the expression "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"?

Q: Have you ever heard the corollary—"Don't sh¡t on the folks who create awesome stuff"?

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: It is short-sighted to sacrifice future projects because you are TOO DAMN LAZY to LightScribe an Ys IV CD-R and print out a CD tray insert and/or booklet at Kinko's.

okay, i sent PMs to nightwolve and burntlasagna; so we'll wait for their word before getting too deep there.
Hey, got your pm.
Not exactly sure what else to say, but I believe I've stated what I feel about pressing discs with the dub on it.

I don't like them.

I get allot of flack for that stance, but I simply don't like hobby projects that I worked on being put out on bootleg discs.
I understand people want something "official-esque" to hold onto, however, I believe that's what the Japanese copy should be for.

Thank you for all your hard work.

I respect your wishes.

I hope others will have the same respect.

:)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:20:18 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

jtucci31

Re: A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »
Q: Does anyone here want to see future Japanese-to-English language dubs?

A: I do.

If you do, too, you will listen to Burnt Lasagna when HE PLAINLY STATES HE IS OPPOSED TO REPRODUCTIONS (pressed CDs) for fan projects he is involved in.

Q: Have you ever heard the expression "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"?

Q: Have you ever heard the corollary—"Don't sh¡t on the folks who create awesome stuff"?

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: It is short-sighted to sacrifice future projects because you are TOO DAMN LAZY to LightScribe an Ys IV CD-R and print out a CD tray insert and/or booklet at Kinko's.

Yeah, if these awesome translators can go through the daunting task of making games English-friendly and then releasing their patches for free, the least I can do is create a copy myself. The work to create one's own copy of the game is probably not nearly as hard the main translating of the game.

Solid points. I want to continue to see translation projects in the future. I will comply to whatever is necessary to make this happen. :)

johnnykonami

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
I don't care about the translations myself, it's easy enough to patch Ys IV if you wanted to, and there's so little dialogue in Rondo so as not to matter one bit.  I would love a $15ish boot of DEII to hold me over until I can maybe get a real one.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »
This would be great for the community as a whole.  I feel the more people that get into these games the better it is for the longevity and popularity of the system.  Maybe a Mult-Disc with many games on one disc or even games that were once Hu-Card only Brought on the CD. 

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Desh

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 10:10:41 AM »
There's not a Snatcher translation out there is there?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:39:05 AM by Desh »

Arjak

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 10:23:29 AM »
I would love for this to happen AS LONG AS no one steps on anyone's toes. If BL doesn't want his dub put into bootleg form, then we should respect his wishes. I am intrigued by the idea of doing a new dub for the purpose, though.

I would also love to see other games get a community pressing/translation. Random thought: Why not try Double Dragon 2? IIRC, most of, if not all of the in-game text is already in English, so mostly, we would just have to create and insert an English dub. (Correct me if my memory is wrong.)
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Bernie

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
Just tell me where to send my monies....

esteban

A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 11:13:30 AM »
Grab a CDR, some paper and...

PRINT YOUR OWN STUFF

http://www.tg-16.com/print_your_own_stuff.htm

BONUS: It is fun just to see the "history" of these homemade designs evolve here at pcefx.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:19:39 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

seieienbu

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 01:36:20 PM »
It's funny, the games most talked about here are also the ones that I think are the worst ideas to be used.  Dracula X and Snatcher are owned by Konami who still releases games over here.  Ys 4 was recently remade on Vita and that came out what, a year ago? 

If you're going to straight up try to create semi-authentic CD reproductions I feel that you should only use properties like Beyond Shadowgate, Bonk 3, Dynastic Hero, Lords of Thunder, or other games that will likely never see the light of day over here and don't have a parent company that's still active that would potentially take legal action against people.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

spenoza

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
Thing is, Hudson is owned by Konami now, so ANY Hudson game is now a Konami game. So that logic knocks out a huge portion of the library.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

slinkyturd

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 03:37:51 PM »
I think it would be fun to create more titles like mega man for obey. I'd kill for an arcade perfect version or the fm towns version of splatterhouse on my duo. Or why not some RPGs off SNES?
70/95 US Turbochips

SamIAm

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »
Dracula X is the one game on the whole system that I think could really attract a cease and desist/lawsuit from the company that owns it. Konami used to aggressively hunt down the ISO not so long ago, especially lossless copies, and Castlevania is one of their most valuable IPs today.

Old Hudson IPs, on the other hand, I don't think would raise too much of a fuss.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 04:53:03 PM »
I think it would be fun to create more titles like mega man for obey. I'd kill for an arcade perfect version or the fm towns version of splatterhouse on my duo. Or why not some RPGs off SNES?

or

PS3

Easily unlocked.

slinkyturd

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 04:55:39 PM »

or

PS3

Easily unlocked.

I have neither system, with little desire for them. :(
70/95 US Turbochips

HailingTheThings

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 06:33:57 PM »

or

PS3

Easily unlocked.

I have neither system, with little desire for them. :(

Well... piss.