Author Topic: A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs  (Read 4339 times)

KingDrool

Re: A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2014, 02:34:01 AM »
I'd like to see Startling Odyssey 2 translation.

Or...the other thread got me thinking...what about Fantasy Star Soldier?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:36:05 AM by jlued686 »
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Phase

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2014, 11:10:25 AM »
Agree Fantasy Star Soldier is a good idea also, could also do Super Air Zonk.
Beyond Shadowgate is cool though.

Full color manuals would be neat and also set it apart from the original, could also add art to the back of the manual and alter the cd cover.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2014, 12:02:57 PM »
Phantasy Star Soldier?  Is that spaceship shooting JRPG with the first-person dungeon shmup segments?
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

xelement5x

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »
I think all of the hentai games should be the first ones tackled.  I'll even do the translation.  Though I don't know japanese, I'd do a good job.

There's always Lady Sword if you can get Arkhan to produce more custom AbCards  :3
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SamIAm

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2014, 04:14:08 PM »
Hi Leg Fantasy apparently isn't half bad.

I'd like to try it, but it apparently deletes other save files. Screw that.

greedostick

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »
I would be interested in contributing. I do not understand Lasagna's reasoning for not wanting the  Y's translation pressed for the die-hard turbo fans to enjoy. Emulators are shitty, and not a ideal way to play a game. I would think he would understand that is why people want it done. A shitty CDR pressing from a home PC just isn't the same. I wouldn't see the harm if it was just for the people here to enjoy, and not flip on eBay. But I do respect the guys wishes and am against it if he is.

Is he currently working on a project? Or have a project page? I would like to see what he's working on right now.

As for the other games. Basically any game that commands over $150.00 I would be down for, because that is the point I really decide not to throw down the cash unless a game is damn near perfect. There are a lot of average games that are way too expensive to justify a purchase.

I would be interested in the following.

Dynastic Hero
Beyond Shadowgate
Renny Blaster
Sylphia
Bonk 3
Nexzr
Chiki Chiki Boys

I highly doubt anyone will ever give 2 shits about any of these games, especially if it is just for forum members here and there is not a mass website funneling these making profit off of these. I actually don't know if they could even prosecute if there is no intent to distribute for profit. My girlfriend is a lawyer, I will ask her about this.

No one is going to care about these games, or us, the fans for that matter. If they did care they would find a way to get these re-released. I guess Dynastic Hero is the exception there. But it's getting ridiculous on eBay.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »
Sylphia would be sweet, though I'd prefer the hard rock version that Bonknuts n' I set up, though I know Bonknuts is more partial to the original soundtrack.  If Sylphia was done with the original music, I definitely think the volume of the music should be adjusted before pressing!  IIRC, the sound effects were way to loud in comparison to the music!

Beyond Shadowgate, Dynastic Hero, etc. would be nice to have pressed copies as backup's.  Man, with Dynastic Hero, I'd almost be tempted to make my own version of the Wonderboy in Monsterworld soundtrack as a replacement for Dynastic Hero, though I personally love the Dynastic Hero ost....& I have no time for that right now anyways.  Motteke Tomago, Fantasy Star Soldier, etc. would be great.  If any Hucard games that have been translated could be ported over to cd, that'd be cool, but tons of work!

esteban

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2014, 09:57:06 PM »

Sylphia would be sweet, though I'd prefer the hard rock version that Bonknuts n' I set up, though I know Bonknuts is more partial to the original soundtrack.  If Sylphia was done with the original music, I definitely think the volume of the music should be adjusted before pressing!  IIRC, the sound effects were way to loud in comparison to the music!

Beyond Shadowgate, Dynastic Hero, etc. would be nice to have pressed copies as backup's.  Man, with Dynastic Hero, I'd almost be tempted to make my own version of the Wonderboy in Monsterworld soundtrack as a replacement for Dynastic Hero, though I personally love the Dynastic Hero ost....& I have no time for that right now anyways.  Motteke Tomago, Fantasy Star Soldier, etc. would be great.  If any Hucard games that have been translated could be ported over to cd, that'd be cool, but tons of work!

YOU CRAZY. Sylphia's original soundtrack is nice.

You crazy! I would personally sabotage and destroy anyone who changed the music for a pressed cd

;)
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 02:16:46 AM »
Why not both versions?  A second disc would add less than $2 per unit.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bartre

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 03:56:27 AM »
yeah, i'd be down for a remixed soundtrack of most games.

again, I ask anyone who's dealt with it.
do we know of any competent/reliable cd printers?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 04:06:34 AM »
Nationwide (the place that did Mysterious Song, Insanity, and Pyramid Plunder) is capable, but I don't know if I'd go so far as saying they're competent.  I don't know how vigilant they are in vetting ownership, but they make you fill out a form saying you own everything being copied; I'm sure all companies do this, but who knows if it's just a formality or if they actually check.

BlueBMW

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 04:06:54 AM »
I happen to love the Sylphia hard rock remix that you guys put together... I'd love to have a pressed disc of that!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

cjameslv

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 04:41:36 AM »
yeah, i'd be down for a remixed soundtrack of most games.

again, I ask anyone who's dealt with it.
do we know of any competent/reliable cd printers?

Well I have an Epson artisan printer that does cd printing in hd. No exactly the cheapest route but would be good for small batches?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 04:42:44 AM »
That's CDR.  Bartre's talking about 'real' pressed discs.

cjameslv

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 04:45:59 AM »
That's CDR.  Bartre's talking about 'real' pressed discs.

Well that I can't help with. No known printers for that here in Vegas that I know of.