Author Topic: A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs  (Read 4278 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: A realistic approach - Community driven pressed CDs
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2015, 06:17:43 PM »
Odds are Konami of America simply doesn't know. I know that sounds ridiculous, but if you actually try to drop Konami of America emails you'll find out really quick that the main US email address is actually some global sales one for orders. The only other posted email on their site if I remember right goes to their US office that handles slot machines. I had to deal with this before when inquiring about patches for MGS Revengence for PC. You actually have to go to their live chat and speak with someone directly in order to get contact info for other offices and support.

Also, depending on where the carts are being manufactured, Konami would need a office with a legal team in that part of the world to take action. If the carts were being made and sold in the United States, and someone dropped them a email to the correct office that deals with that kind of stuff for them, and directly linked to the seller's website, I don't think Konami would sit on their hands for very long.

What ever you do with your cash is your business. I could care less. The only issue here for me at this point would be someone trying to publicly link this forum with his bootlegging business. The moment I see some stupid noob entrepreneur thinking he is entitled enough that he can use this forum to promote his budding new illegal business, popping up with some new sales thread stating "$$$$$$$ LIMITED PRESS RUN 500 COPIES BONK 3 SCD and GODZILLA TWO PACK $$$$$$$"...... Well then yeah I am going to seriously rethink my involvement at that point and probably have someone I know order something cheap get their address, and then drop docs on the seller and drop Toho and Konami a email with said info, if nothing else then to just annoy and chase them off the forum.

I don't care if its SFC, MD, PCE or whatever. You start actively bootlegging someone else's software and publicly use this forum as a mouthpiece for your sales and advertising your product, then yeah there will be consequences. I mean after all, you did flat out ignore Nanto's rules at that point, and for me, that means you get to become a target of teh lulz. If you're a self-entitled noob prick around here thinking he should be able to do what he wants, you have been warned.

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=350.msg1001#msg1001

"
No warez/ISO/ROM/P2P links
Posting or asking for warez/ISOs/ROMs & P2P links is prohibited on the forums and is grounds for a permanent ban. "

The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Those rules are in place for a reason. You wanna ignore them, fine, roll that dice, see what happens.

Black Tiger

« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2015, 01:59:39 AM »
Here's another one for tbone:

Language
Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense.  We also recommend that cursing be held to a minimum, as it does not promote civil conversation.  Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.
> Example violations (including, but not limited to): Referring Japanese people as "Japs".  If you want to talk about the Japanese, then spell it out completely.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2015, 03:20:42 AM »
Here's another one for tbone:

Language
Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense.  We also recommend that cursing be held to a minimum, as it does not promote civil conversation.  Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.
> Example violations (including, but not limited to): Referring Japanese people as "Japs".  If you want to talk about the Japanese, then spell it out completely.

Thankfully I keep my cursing down to a minimum. This way Nanto wont have to worry about Capcom or Konami dragging his site into a lawsuit over our foul language. God forbid Capcom comes in here claiming copyright/trademark over phrases like dick licker, cunt muncher, or ass to mouth. Boy if they did we'd be in some real trouble if that happened.