Author Topic: Superpcenginegrafx.com updated  (Read 1676 times)

Black Tiger

Superpcenginegrafx.com updated
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:27:35 PM »
I recently changed the format of the main page of my site so that all the videos, mp3's, etc... are in their own sections. So it should be a lot easier to sort out what you'd like to take a look at.

Also, a week or so ago I put up an Aeroblasters mp3 done the same way as the Snatcher medley, but this one has every single track in the game.

Today I put up 4 PC-FX videos. I made them as high quality as I could visually, to try to preserve the quality of the original PC-FX fmv.

There's 2 for Tengai Makyou Kakutoden and one each for Zenki FX and Cutey Honey FX. Since I've got my PC-FX hooked up to my PC, there may be several more to come before my long weekend is over.

I also put these videos on youtube, but they're not nearly as nice visually(but sound a little better).

You check it all out at-

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.com/
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »
Excellent updates, my friend! I've been visiting your site for quite awhile actually, even back when it only had the logo on it and nothing else! I'm glad to see your site is coming along nicely now and that you have lots of great resource.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 06:15:47 AM »
Awesome :)

I will definitely be checking out a lot of the content, since I haven't seen at your site before (like the AeroBlasters music!)
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 01:14:36 AM »
Thanks guys. Its nice to know that someone's looking at it.

I've since added my new Shapeshifter map, Ys IV english CD label, EGM 1993 Preview Guide, Gate Of Thunder EGM Gold Award ad, Turbografx-16 pack-in poster and Radio Shack Super CD pamphlet(Canadian exclusive?).

handygrafx

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 09:25:28 AM »
sweet!

very exellent Black_Tiger -  I believe that is the slightly larger EGM article I was looking for, on Ironman.   good job man.

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 01:43:11 PM »
That ad is so cool!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »
Tonight I put opened a new section on my site called "PC Engine Audio Deathmatch". It features music compilations from Turbo/PCE games along with ports on other systems.

The first round features Devil's Crush TG-16 versus Dragon's Fury Genesis. The DC mix has almost every track from the game mixed together and the DF mix has the exact same tracks in the same order.

You can access it directly here-

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.com/audiodm1.html

As soon as my overdue Air Buster cart shows up, Aeroblasters will also enter the ring.

very exellent Black_Tiger - I believe that is the slightly larger EGM article I was looking for, on Ironman. good job man.

I'll eventually have each of those bubbles larger sized on pages for their respective games. The Ironman part will also have its own page with the screenshots thumbnailed to large scans.

Basically, the plan is to put up every single piece of content I have for any given game on an individual page for each title.

I actually had my first game page(which was to be my template) pretty much ready to go, but I kept coming across more and more stuff to include, that it's pretty much going to get its own themed mini-site now. Hopefully with a week or two it'll be ready to go.  :roll:

Paladin

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 06:29:21 AM »
I just went and looked over the site for a bit and it is pretty cool; I have bookmarked it. I'm looking forward to the updates.

Oh I'm curious whether the Cutey Honey FX game is based off the original series or Flash. The art style reminds me of Flash more, but I thought I would ask since I'm a Go Nagai fan and tidbits like these intrigue me.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 11:19:27 AM »
Quote from: "handygrafx"
sweet!

very exellent Black_Tiger -  I believe that is the slightly larger EGM article I was looking for, on Ironman.   good job man.

I remember that exact scan from years ago, brings back memories.
--DragonmasterDan

geise

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 08:25:55 AM »
I have the EGM that came with that.  It's not an add but it came from the Summer CES section of the mag.  I think it was in a seperate booklet.  I'll have to whip out my old EGM's to check.  Very cool site BTW!  I like the VS audio stuff and would love to see/hear more of it!

handygrafx

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 09:39:26 AM »
Quote from: "geise"
I have the EGM that came with that.  It's not an add but it came from the Summer CES section of the mag.  I think it was in a seperate booklet.  I'll have to whip out my old EGM's to check.  Very cool site BTW!  I like the VS audio stuff and would love to see/hear more of it!

that's exactly how I remember it.

it was in a seperate CES booklet, and not in an actual issue of EGM itself.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 10:29:09 AM »
I wondered what was up with that "Iron Man".

Black Tiger

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 06:05:56 PM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
I wondered what was up with that "Iron Man".

I remember how the first time I saw it back in the day, I immediately envisioned it playing HuCards that stored hundreds of megs, never even thinking that it'd run CDs from the get-go.  :)

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 06:42:11 PM »
After wasting a month putting together YouTube videos, I finally made some real updates to my site this weekend:

Videos:

The Dracula X: Perfect Boss Fight shows Dracula getting his ass kicked in under 80 seconds by Richter without taking any damage or using any special items/attacks.

The Daimakaimura/Ghould 'N Ghosts video is a complete run through of the first loop of the game plus the first stage again with the Holy Weapon.

The Tengai Makyou The Apocalypse IV video is a compilation of every fmv anime cinema in the game. The high quality 100 meg version will soon be replaced by a lower quality(mainly sound) 48 meg version. So I recommened downloading the big one soon or contacting me if you'd prefer it.

PC Engine Audio Deathmatch:

Street Fighter II CE PC Engine Versus Megadrive

After Burner II PC Engine Versus Megadrive

Oh I'm curious whether the Cutey Honey FX game is based off the original series or Flash. The art style reminds me of Flash more, but I thought I would ask since I'm a Go Nagai fan and tidbits like these intrigue me.

It appears to be based off of the Cutey Honey anime from the nineties, with the "honey flash" theme song. But from what I've seen, it has 100% original animation which isn't even close to the quality of the OVA, but is still decent for a video game.

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 01:26:22 PM »
Another big update today.

I added 3 new PSG compilation mp3's for Air Zonk, Dungeon Explorer and Ninja Spirit.

I also made a page featuring all of my PSG mp3's with a title screenshot for each. A fancy logo and crazy name for this section is coming soon...  :)