Author Topic: Superpcenginegrafx.com updated  (Read 1686 times)

Black Tiger

Superpcenginegrafx.com updated
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 06:23:37 PM »
Alright, here's the biggest update ever-

I've finally setup the basic layout I had originally intended. I now consider it a real website, not an under-construction type deal. Although it'll be awhile before I get all the sections created that I want, in the meantime I'm continuing to keep the current ones stocked with new content.

The biggest new thing is the Blue Shadows section, located under Features. Blue Shadows is a collection of ridiculous quotes made by gaming journalists over the years and includes some commentary for those who might not be familiar with some of the subject matter.

The Sapphire Counterfeit Debunker has been updated with scans of a sealed Fatal Fury 2 ACD game which shows where the peel away strip would appear on a legitimate sealed copy of Sapphire.

I've also added two new Turbografx-16 videos. The first features all of Chris Covell's amazing PC Engine/SuperGrafx demos run on a real PC Engine RX & a SuperGrafx. The second is video from the demo Chris Covell's new game Tongue Man Logic, again run on real hardware.

All of Saturn Bomberman's cinemas are included in one video now. All the Tengai Makyou IV videos have been upgraded and there is a new clip of Geisha Robo. The Night Creatures video is now a single higher quality clip.

More content is already up on my webspace, I just need the time to work on the actual pages themselves.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 07:44:17 PM »
Excellent update! I really liked reading the Blue Shadows section, that was a good laugh. It's great how it starts off with some derogatory Turbo comments and then ends with them praising FMV games and NHL Hockey :lol: .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 05:37:26 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Excellent update! I really liked reading the Blue Shadows section, that was a good laugh. It's great how it starts off with some derogatory Turbo comments and then ends with them praising FMV games and NHL Hockey :lol: .

I've got one that just needs to be scanned in where one EGM reviewer declares Ground Zero to be the best game Sega-CD game to date.

Of course by that date, at the very least Final Fight CD, Dark Wizard and Lunar SS would've been released.

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 09:36:26 AM »
Hahaha, that's hilarious. I would love to see that scan. Hell Sonic CD was out at that time too, as well as Sol Feace, though some people might not like those two games.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 10:03:31 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Hahaha, that's hilarious. I would love to see that scan. Hell Sonic CD was out at that time too, as well as Sol Feace, though some people might not like those two games.

"This has got to be the best Sega-CD game I've ever played."

"Overall this is the best Sega-CD game you can probably consider."

When I first came across it the other day, I thought that it must've been an earlier title than I remembered. But now it looks like most of the Sega-CD's best games, aside from that last killer wave, had already come out.

Here's the EGM review-

http://superpcenginegrafx.com/img/groundzero.jpg

I'm going to wait until I can figure out for sure which decent titles preceded it before posting it in the Blue Shadows section.

Also, there'a a Sega-CD ad featuring Ground Zero a few pages after the review which compares playing Sega-CD games to electrocuting yourself through a "wall socket"(complete with 1 full page depicting the face of a kid who'd just been electrocuted).

I'm going to scan it in to add to the Ground Zero quotes as an indication of what EGM Editor In Chief Ed Semrad must've looked like while playing the game.

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 10:38:50 AM »
Ridiculous!

FM-77

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 11:04:46 AM »
I liked that Cutey Honey video. Nice music too. What kind of game is it?

Dare I wish for an... action-rpg?  :)

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 12:15:34 PM »
Quote from: "Seldane"
I liked that Cutey Honey video. Nice music too. What kind of game is it?

Dare I wish for an... action-rpg?  :)

:lol: I wish. The title screen makes it look cool, but from what little I "played" through, it appears to be a digital adventure like Snatcher with art that looks like the intro, instead of like the title screen.

runinruder

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2006, 05:01:01 PM »
I actually liked Loom.  I thought some parts of it were hilarious (in a good way, even!).

I totally agree on Air Zonk's music, though.  The level 2 tune in particular was excellent.
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 05:15:48 PM »
Yeah, what was with all the Loom haten?  :lol:

Black Tiger

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 12:33:14 AM »
I was only talking about rushed the port not having "gorgeous 3D graphics".

I wouldn't have played through it as much as I did over a span of a few days if totally hated the game itself. But it was still crippled by bugs.

Maybe I just had a bad copy or something. Or maybe I played it more than most people have and noticed the problems more.

Although I don't remember the specifics, I think I do remember one or two scenes later on being pretty hilarious in some sort of twisted way. Maybe it was the dead kid or turning someone into an animal so it would get accidentally killed or something... it's hard to remember since I literally haven't played it since it first came out.

But it would've been cool if they'd actually worked on giving it the graphics it deserved(as a new fangled Super CD title), an orchestral soundtrack, decent music weaving sfx and more(are there even any?) regular sfx.

Now you've got me tempted to play through it again.  :)

Keranu

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2006, 09:09:38 AM »
I liked the music a lot in the TGCD port. This thread is making me want to play through LOOM.

guyjin

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2006, 02:14:26 PM »
I always wondered why everyone went nuts making FMV games for a year or two - now I know videogame reviewers are to blame.  :evil:
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Loom Haters!! :(
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2006, 02:45:29 PM »
The site is looking hella sweet!!

Loom rox the world!

Anybody hear anything new on what happened to Avatarloki?

Favorite part in Loom: watching bad guys getting their heads blown off be super evil villians!  !!!Such awesome animation!!

TurboSage

esteban

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2006, 03:13:44 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"
I was only talking about rushed the port not having "gorgeous 3D graphics".

I wouldn't have played through it as much as I did over a span of a few days if totally hated the game itself. But it was still crippled by bugs.

Maybe I just had a bad copy or something. Or maybe I played it more than most people have and noticed the problems more.

Although I don't remember the specifics, I think I do remember one or two scenes later on being pretty hilarious in some sort of twisted way. Maybe it was the dead kid or turning someone into an animal so it would get accidentally killed or something... it's hard to remember since I literally haven't played it since it first came out.

But it would've been cool if they'd actually worked on giving it the graphics it deserved(as a new fangled Super CD title), an orchestral soundtrack, decent music weaving sfx and more(are there even any?) regular sfx.

Now you've got me tempted to play through it again.  :)
Yeah, I read your post yesterday and I knew that you weren't 100% hatin' LOOM, but pointing out how lame it was that they didn't do a better port.

The TG-CD soundtrack to LOOM delivered a most uninspired, lackluster experience. I didn't need a real orchestra to be happy, but I did need something that was more inspired. Heck, I would have loved a 100% synth soundtrack if it was creative and took some chances. IMO, Top 40 classical music is so overplayed that it *needs* some creative arrangements to complement a game such as LOOM and keep things fresh. Nothing drastic was necessary, but some nuanced little touches would have been great.

By the way, your site is really, really kickin' ass now! :)
  |    |