Author Topic: Superpcenginegrafx.com updated  (Read 1689 times)

guyjin

Superpcenginegrafx.com updated
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 12:37:43 AM »
how could you make a page called 'blue shadows' and not mention the review from which (i presume?) you got that name from?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Jammaniaclord

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2006, 05:47:56 AM »
EXCELLENT site dude! Keep up the great work!
PC Cocoron Hunter

Black Tiger

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006, 08:58:54 PM »
Recent updates-

Magical Chase U.S. version(majorly upgraded graphics over the PCE version, special page in the works) videos:

-one low quality unedited video of the game played through on Bumpy difficulty without dying.

-high quality videos of each of the 6 stages.

Night Creatures: a low quality alternate video is now available(still looks good).

PCE Audio Death Match: I had always thought that the SFC SFII would be my first "Here comes a new challenger!" contestant, but instead its the Sega Mark III Afterburner.

I should have the FM soundtracks to Ys and Miracle Warriors up by the end of the weekend.

Quote from: "guyjin"
how could you make a page called 'blue shadows' and not mention the review from which (i presume?) you got that name from?

I've been really busy lately and barely managed to get all the changes made that I did. But now that I just got laid off 2 weeks into my new job which I quit a job of 4+ years to take, I expect a lot more updates very soon.

In the meantime, I haven't been able to find my "classic" GameFan box yet, but once I do, I'll have scans up of the original PSX review, the Saturn review and the Saturn re-review, along with my perception of the whole thing(I think they sound like idiots mainly for a reason different than most people's).

Thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback!  :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Black Tiger

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2006, 08:06:59 AM »
Here are all the recent updates that I can remember:

Videos:

3 promo VHS tape Turbografx-16 videos are now up in both high and low quality.

Music:

Tengai Makyou Fuun Kabuki Den: complete CD soundtrack

Tengai Makyou Fuun Kabuki Den: extended boss musicals

Ys Sega Mark III FM: complete soundtrack

Miracle Warriors/Haja no Fuuin Sega Mark III FM: complete soundtrack

The Kabukiden soundtrack has almost every track edited and it includes all the cinema music tracks without any of the sfx/voice, which were only available on the official soundtrack.

Kabukiden has one of the very best, if not the best soundtrack of all time(seriously) and here's your chance to find out why. TMII doesn't even compare!

The extended bosses' musical numbers exclude for Karuna's(too boring for me) and only "Garp's" is the same as in the game.

If you haven't heard the Sega Mark III's FM music before, Miracle Warriors is probably the best example of it on the system.

Ys isn't as impressive overall FM-wise, but still sounds great and some of the tracks are unbelievable.

Chakan

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 09:34:53 AM »
Keep it up, black tiger. Starting to get some beef to your site with all of these updates. :)

Keranu

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2006, 11:11:59 AM »
This looks like an awesome update, I'll be sure to check out all the goodies you have, ESPECIALLY the promo videos :D . You know those always make my day, sometimes a week or a month.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

lkermel

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2006, 05:18:10 AM »
Waooo ! I just discovered this thread and I'm amazed by all the good work you did on your site Black Tiger !!! I also just found out you added VGDen to your list of links, thanks you soooo much for this !!!! I'll do the same and add a link to your site.
Once again, awesome updates and keep up the good work !!!!!

Black Tiger

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2006, 06:45:19 AM »
Recent video updates:

Gulliver Boy Saturn: All fmv cinemas. They're the same as the PC Engine version, except higher quality.

Tengai Makyou NAMIDA: Opening Cinema

Tengai Makyou NAMIDA: Manto

Ys Eternal Complete: Opening Cinema

Ys Eternal Complete: Dark Fact

Ys II Eternal Complete: Opening Cinema

Ys II Eternal Complete: Darm

Ys I & II Eternal Complete PS2: Advertise Cinema

Ys IV Anime: Trailer

JDK Band: To Make The End Of Battle Music Video.

On my YouTube page, I also posted the following:

Ys I & II Eternal Complete PS2: Dream Stone quest

Ys Eternal Complete: Full Ending

Ys II Eternal Complete: Full Ending

http://youtube.com/profile?user=superpcenginegrafx

Black Tiger

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2006, 11:15:40 AM »
Added complete gameplay videos of Street Fighter II CE and Dragon Egg!.

I found the magazines and have begin work on a page devoted to this classic mishap.

Also, I forgot to mention in earlier updates that there have been a few more Blue Shadows entries, including the first two from Nick Rox.

"Why can't anyone else count to two in german" and "this transparecy filled Saturn game would look better with transparencies, but that's impossible on the Saturn!"

SignOfZeta

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2006, 12:13:22 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"

I found the magazines and have begin work on a page devoted to this classic mishap.

Also, I forgot to mention in earlier updates that there have been a few more Blue Shadows entries, including the first two from Nick Rox.

"Why can't anyone else count to two in german" and "this transparecy filled Saturn game would look better with transparencies, but that's impossible on the Saturn!"

Through hardware acceleration I'm pretty sure the Saturn can only do transparencies in 2D backgrounds, and not polygons.

I know what you are saying, "What about the big blue diamond thing in Shining Force III?" Well...I don't know :)

Black Tiger

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2006, 03:13:44 PM »
Quote from: "SignOfZeta"
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"

Through hardware acceleration I'm pretty sure the Saturn can only do transparencies in 2D backgrounds, and not polygons.

I know what you are saying, "What about the big blue diamond thing in Shining Force III?" Well...I don't know :)

The way that I understand it, is seperate from all kinds of otherprogramming 'tricks', from day one developers could cross-disolve between the 2 main cpu's graphics at 60 fps.

The cool thing about that is it could draw a 3D object that was truly a transparent image, like say a 3D ghost(or big blue crystal guy). But on PSX and every example I can remember off hand on PS2/GC/Xbox, every single polygon had to be rendered transparent, so you wound up seeing through to the other polygons in the back.

The reason it's really cool, is that I can't remember an instance that a 3D object has turned transparent or faded out for any reason than to emulate the effect that the Saturn could do. Of course, if there was a reason to see through to the back side of an object, the Saturn would have to come up with a different way of doing it.

Another thing I've been led to beleive is that the SNES and Playstation have a limited number of shades of opacity for transparencies that dictates how smoothly they can animate an object fading out. But from what I've seen, it appears that the Saturn can fade in and out at 60 fps.

Originally, I went on about the Saturn & PSX & transparencies, but decided that extended commentary like that is better suited to a seperate article.

Because, it doesn't matter what kind of transparencies are in games before or after PDIIZ, the fact of the matter is that the one game he's talking about does have some amazing transperency effects and he didn't say anything like "too bad about the transparencies using mesh effects are as nice as the translucent ones", he actually trashed the system by saying that they're "sadly unavoidable"... -you know, except in all the places in the same game that the developer avoided it.

Black Tiger

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »
Recent updates include:

Videos:

Renny Blaster -the entire game.

Impossamole -final boss + credits.

Music:

R-Type: complete Sega Mark III FM soundtrack

If you have any interest in R-Type's music, you must listen to this. Definately one of the better uses FM.

System Card Warning Warehouse:

Renny Blaster, Games Express Card and Tennokoe Bank.

Quote from: "guyjin"

I've finally got a page up devoted to this, called "Why The Hell Is It Called Blue Shadows Anyway?". It's under the Features section.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2006, 07:40:07 PM »
Why don't you have the audio recorded for the 32X version of After Burner?  Don't make me do it for you!

Black Tiger

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2006, 07:03:05 AM »
Quote from: "Joe Redifer"
Why don't you have the audio recorded for the 32X version of After Burner?  Don't make me do it for you!

I don't have a working 32X right now. I'll get around to doing the Saturn version sometime, but I wish there was a way to get the music out of the SMS/MarkIII game.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2006, 09:20:27 AM »
The 32X version sounds pretty much the same as the Saturn version except for the high-frequency noise it seems to make (sounds like a CRT powered up, only coming through the speakers).  If I recall, I think.. well, no nevermind.  I should delete that last sentence as well as this one since they ended up being pretty useless, but I am far too lazy and therefore cannot be bothered.