Author Topic: Superpcenginegrafx.com updated  (Read 1683 times)

Black Tiger

Superpcenginegrafx.com updated
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2006, 08:51:20 AM »
Today I unveiled the new Super PC Engine Art section.

It's a collection of Turbografx-16/PC Engine and general video game artwork I made around the times that each subject was still relatively current. Soon to feature some recently created artwork.

I also added Deden No Kabuki Den to the System Card Warning Warehouse last night and added some new logos.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Digi.k

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2006, 09:58:52 AM »
nice artwork there.  Really like the colouring.

Black Tiger

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2006, 10:03:24 AM »
Thanks, the colored pictures were done when I would've been like 15 - 17 years old.  :)

Keranu

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2006, 11:39:14 AM »
Hehe, I already saw some of this, great stuff :D . I plan on using his Gate of Thunder insert for my case :) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2006, 02:54:40 PM »
You know I love your site, but PLEASE learn how to spell "definitely".  For some reason this extremely simple word is one of the most oft-misspelled on the internet.  In one of Nick Rox's articles or reviews you quoted, he spelled it correctly, but your quote did not.

Also you fixed Sushi X's "and" and replaced it with "an" (the way it should be, grammatically) but still put "sic" after the "an" and it doesn't make sense like that.

I don't see a Gate of Thunder insert anywhere on the site, though I did make my own awesome 400dpi non-compressed version for myself complete with awesome Johnny Turbo quotes!

Keranu

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 03:25:13 PM »
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2006, 04:31:56 PM »
OH HELL YESSSSS!!!!

Mine is better, though:

Keranu

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2006, 04:45:36 PM »
Dude you didn't specify the Bomberman code anywhere! Also I thought there was suppose to be JT references!?

Odonadon

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2006, 05:38:50 PM »
Funny, I don't remember the "snort blo" level.  Must be what the screenshot is showing? :)

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2006, 09:21:31 PM »
Yeah, so anyway here is my real Gate of Thunder insert that I made.  Not the best but it'll do fine.

Keranu

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2006, 11:06:01 PM »
Can I have those Super Airzonk and Bonk 3 CDs in the background?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 04:55:50 AM »
You bet!!!  Since you asked first, I'll even slip a free $100 bill in with the package.  Check your mailbox tomorrow!!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 06:09:44 AM »
So what's the price difference between the US, and JP versions of Bonk 3?

Black Tiger

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 09:11:54 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Dude you didn't specify the Bomberman code anywhere! Also I thought there was suppose to be JT references!?

Dude, when I made that insert, the Bomberman code didn't even exist!

Of course, neither did computers for me for another 10 years or so.

You're probably thinking of one of my old posts talking about the JT letter art (where he's electrocuting both Sonic & Mario) I sent to EGM that they never published.

Again, Johnny Turbo wouldn't be created until years later.

Quote from: "Joe Redifer"
OH HELL YESSSSS!!!!

Mine is better, though:

I'm not surprised by this comparison, since you have trouble distinguishing between the NES and Turbografx-16.

Quote from: "Joe Redifer"
You know I love your site, but PLEASE learn how to spell "definitely".  For some reason this extremely simple word is one of the most oft-misspelled on the internet.  In one of Nick Rox's articles or reviews you quoted, he spelled it correctly, but your quote did not.

Also you fixed Sushi X's "and" and replaced it with "an" (the way it should be, grammatically) but still put "sic" after the "an" and it doesn't make sense like that.

I don't see a Gate of Thunder insert anywhere on the site, though I did make my own awesome 400dpi non-compressed version for myself complete with awesome Johnny Turbo quotes!

You probably don't know this, but I love your Magix Box reviews and understand the "rules" of reading them. But as other forum members here have mentioned to me, you really need to "learn how to" communicate in a non-flaming manor when making non-confrontational posts. Although we do understand that this is "extremely simple" for many, but not so for others.

Quote from: "SignOfZeta"
So what's the price difference between the US, and JP versions of Bonk 3?

The U.S, version often goes for up to $200 more, since the japanese one doesn't exist.

The PCE HuCard version can be found pretty easy for like $50 - $60 from what I remember. But like the CD version, Bonk 3 Turbochip is all over the place, since there are too many Turbo collectors with deep pockets who aren't concerned with "prices".

Having said that, you can get it as cheap as the JP version if you're patient.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2006, 12:34:59 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"

The PCE HuCard version can be found pretty easy for like $50 - $60 from what I remember. But like the CD version, Bonk 3 Turbochip is all over the place, since there are too many Turbo collectors with deep pockets who aren't concerned with "prices".

Having said that, you can get it as cheap as the JP version if you're patient.

Hmmm...I think I'll skip it. I never liked Bonk that much, and there are much much better games in the $50-60 range.