Author Topic: Superpcenginegrafx.com updated  (Read 1688 times)

Black Tiger

Superpcenginegrafx.com updated
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 12:50:42 PM »
Just added the soundtrack to R-Type Turbo/PCE, which you can find in the Music section as well as facing off against the equally impressive Sega Mark III FM version in the Audio Deathmatch section.

This is the first recording I've made that isn't 100% from real hardware. All but one of the tracks used were recorded from a sound rip played through Magic Engine.

Can you guess which one?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

malducci

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 03:41:49 PM »
Is there an HES player for the flash cart that you can record from?

Black Tiger

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 04:23:42 PM »
Quote from: "malducci"
Is there an HES player for the flash cart that you can record from?

Funny you should mention that. I was going to ask you if you or anyone you know would be interested in making some kind of player for the tototek card and/or if the sound rip roms could be fixed to work.  :)

malducci

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
Charles MacDonald wrote a utility to convert HES files into PCE files - here. Don't worry about the source files, just drag and drop the HES file onto HESFIX.exe. You'll have to rename the .hes file to .pce so it can show up on the flash software/loader.

Also, the tototek card I have does not like roms smaller than 2 megs so I have to pad them to 2 or 4 megs. If you need a utility to do this, I could write within a day or so.

Once you get the converted file loaded and running on the PCE/TG - use button I to cycle the next track. I wouldn't use any other buttons because it tends to crash (invalid track I think).

If you have any problems, just send a PM.

-Rich

Black Tiger

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 07:15:25 PM »
Quote from: "malducci"
Charles MacDonald wrote a utility to convert HES files into PCE files - here. Don't worry about the source files, just drag and drop the HES file onto HESFIX.exe. You'll have to rename the .hes file to .pce so it can show up on the flash software/loader.

Also, the tototek card I have does not like roms smaller than 2 megs so I have to pad them to 2 or 4 megs. If you need a utility to do this, I could write within a day or so.

Once you get the converted file loaded and running on the PCE/TG - use button I to cycle the next track. I wouldn't use any other buttons because it tends to crash (invalid track I think).

If you have any problems, just send a PM.

-Rich

A resizing utility would be very much appreciated!  :D

I assume that the sound rip roms I've found that work in ME buy not on the flash card are hes files converted with hesfix.

If I can get this to work, I'll gladly rerecord R-Type's soundtrack and will be using it as a jukebox to listen to PCE soundtracks played off real hardware on the fly.  :)

Thanks a lot!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 07:29:26 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"
But as other forum members here have mentioned to me, you really need to "learn how to" communicate in a non-flaming manor when making non-confrontational posts. Although we do understand that this is "extremely simple" for many, but not so for others.

I think you are taking it a bit too hard.  I don't see anything "flaming" about my post, just facts.  I see more people misspell "definitely" on the internet than probably any other word, so it is not localized to you.  I said it was one of the most misspelled words I've seen on the internet.  I certainly don't expect everyone to spell everything correctly every time, especially on forums, but sites that feature articles should be held to a higher standard, in my opinion.  And all typos aren't always caught as well.  Of course in the end it's up to the site's owner.  

I find it funny that you took the opportunity to kind of attack me by quoting my joke GoT insert (which is obviously a joke).  And even though you probably felt that I was attacking your old insert with it (because I only know how to flame), I wasn't.  My old insert was even worse.  It had cut outs of game screens from magazines and looked really, really bad.  No offense, but you do seem pretty easy to offend.

malducci

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2006, 08:07:47 PM »
Here's the resizing utility. Just drag and drop the file onto pce_resize.exe (after you use hesfix.exe). It doesn't create a new file, just appends the original file. The new file size should be 256k. It doesn't rename the file to .pce so you'll have to do that manually.

Also, for the hesfix converted files - button I plays the next track and button II plays the previous track. There's no track display as Charles didn't add one - instead you'll probably see garbage on the screen since it isn't cleared - harmless though. I'll take a look and see if I can add a simple track display mode.

It had cut outs of game screens from magazines

My friend did the same thing for his copy too. He also cut the Sega CD Sol-Feace(or was it Final Fight) box cover to fit in a jewel case.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 08:37:09 PM »
I did the same thing with Sol Feace.  I still have my (really crappy) artwork as the back insert for it and the 4-in-1 disc and Sherlock Holmes.  I also cut the instructions to those discs as well to fit in the case.  On REALLY STUPID thing I did with early Sega CD games was to cut the front and back of the cardboard paper boxes to use them as inserts/covers for CD jewel cases.  UGGG!!!  The manuals fit the larger Sega CD cases and the boxes could have been scanned.  Oh well.  :(

Here are the Sega CD games that came with my system.  If I cared more about these games, I might design new covers.

Black Tiger

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2006, 08:07:34 PM »
Quote from: "Joe Redifer"
I did the same thing with Sol Feace.  I still have my (really crappy) artwork as the back insert for it and the 4-in-1 disc and Sherlock Holmes.  I also cut the instructions to those discs as well to fit in the case.  On REALLY STUPID thing I did with early Sega CD games was to cut the front and back of the cardboard paper boxes to use them as inserts/covers for CD jewel cases.  UGGG!!!  The manuals fit the larger Sega CD cases and the boxes could have been scanned.  Oh well.  :(

Here are the Sega CD games that came with my system.  If I cared more about these games, I might design new covers.

I really started doing that with Saturn games (I made cases for all my Sega-CDs at that point as well).

I'd photocopy the back of the case at the best CD sized spot and I hand drew a Saturn logo, printed the name and then colored it with pencil crayon(with a different color of shaded gradient for each title) along the spine.

I just wanted an easily accessible case that I could put on a rack!

I wish I could recover some of those. I do still have the hand drawn english manuals for a bunch of PCE and Saturn games.

esteban

Re: Superpcenginegrafx.com updated
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2006, 05:19:44 AM »

OMG! Didn't the Sega-CD version of Sherlock Holmes come out two years after the TG-16 version? ;)

Anyway, my brother used to make parody cover art / manuals for some games. I still have some of them (I hope!). He used to do this for soup cans and condiments as well. I'm pretty sure he got the idea from Mad / Cracked Magazine (they had fake soup can labels, IIRC).
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2006, 09:58:43 PM »
I recently added mp3's of the following soundtracks:

Side Arms
Dragon's Curse/Adventure Island
Impossamole
Night Creatures

They can all be found under the Music section.

Keranu

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2006, 10:39:46 PM »

Side Arms
Impossamole
Night Creatures

Night Creatures, sweet!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2006, 11:27:13 PM »

Side Arms
Impossamole
Night Creatures

Night Creatures, sweet!

Yes, it's true. There is more than one track to Night Creatures.  :wink:

Keranu

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »
Holy crap, does that mean it has as many tracks as Ghost Manor :o ? I believe that game had a total of THREE tracks!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2006, 09:21:29 AM »
Holy crap, does that mean it has as many tracks as Ghost Manor :o ? I believe that game had a total of THREE tracks!

Actually, uh... Night Creatures also has... 3 tracks as well.  :oops: