Author Topic: Superpcenginegrafx.com updated  (Read 1684 times)

Keranu

Re: Superpcenginegrafx.com updated
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2006, 09:34:49 AM »
Actually, uh... Night Creatures also has... 3 tracks as well.  :oops:
Hahaha :D . You know when a game from the 16-bit era only has three music tracks, it must mean it's something special!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2006, 11:27:19 AM »
Actually, uh... Night Creatures also has... 3 tracks as well.  :oops:
Hahaha :D . You know when a game from the 16-bit era only has three music tracks, it must mean it's something special!
Ahhh, I believe that the venerable Timeball (Blodia) joins this prestigious class of games with ~ 3 songs (I'm including the title song ditty).
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2006, 02:15:20 PM »
Ahhh, I believe that the venerable Timeball (Blodia) joins this prestigious class of games with ~ 3 songs (I'm including the title song ditty).
I can't remember the title screen song for that game, but I do remember in ingame music and the little tune that plays when your ball drops. If I recall, there is a sound test mode in that game right? Another candidate for games with ~ 3 songs is China Warrior I believe.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Odonadon

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2006, 03:18:30 PM »
I think Super Volleyball might have 4 tracks, but still :)  I Think I would prefer 4 good tracks to 15 bad ones though.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Black Tiger

« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »
I think Super Volleyball might have 4 tracks, but still :)  I Think I would prefer 4 good tracks to 15 bad ones though.

OD

4 tracks is actually quite a lot for a sports game. Night Creatures can be compared to Simon's Quest and Ghost Manor is a questy platformer, kinda like a map-less Super Mario World.

Imagine those games with only a few tracks.

Of course, like you said, good ones go a lot further.  :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Odonadon

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2006, 05:05:34 AM »
4 tracks is actually quite a lot for a sports game. Night Creatures can be compared to Simon's Quest and Ghost Manor is a questy platformer, kinda like a map-less Super Mario World.

You're right, it's pretty standard fare for a sports game, but what really gets me is the 10 seconds of music that is looped ad infinitum :)

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

ryosnk

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2006, 08:23:47 AM »
Nice site op.