Author Topic: bonks adventure packed in with tg16  (Read 259 times)

albatross

bonks adventure packed in with tg16
« on: December 18, 2014, 12:05:25 PM »
does anyone know how they packed bonks adventure in with the tg 16?  was it loose?  in a case?  I'm talking about the tg 16 box that they put a green sticker on saying bonks adventure is packed in with the system.

thanks!

Punch

Re: bonks adventure packed in with tg16
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 12:30:07 PM »
My memory is fuzzy but if I recall correctly it came with the standard TurboChip jewel case and manual inside the box.

retro junkie

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 01:32:06 PM »
I purchased my Turbo Grafx 16 back in the early 90's. It had the Bonk pack-in game.

This is the copy that came with my system.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 12:19:12 AM »
When I worked at game stores(post TG-16), when we got a promo from the company, it usually was some POP to put on the display box(read: sticker) and then we just grabbed the promo item from the stock case at the time of sale. I do not recall being asked to open up the console box(breaking any seal) just to drop in the game. Of course if the promotion was handled in-house, we'd get systems pre-loaded with items and pre-stickered.

I'm pretty sure my TG CD-ROM that had the CD+G sampler disc promo, the disc was handed to me or the salesman dropped it in the box at point of sale.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

albatross

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 10:07:59 AM »
thanks for the info everyone!

syphic

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 11:21:23 AM »
It may have been just handed to the customer at the time of purchase. I think this is what the customer got. I see a lot of these on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-16-BONKS-ADVENTURE-TG-COMPLETE-Boxed-CIB-TurboDuo-/181487865753?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a41850f99
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Nullity, Jtucci31, sirhcman,  Elderboroom, dicer

esteban

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 12:35:24 PM »

It may have been just handed to the customer at the time of purchase. I think this is what the customer got. I see a lot of these on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-16-BONKS-ADVENTURE-TG-COMPLETE-Boxed-CIB-TurboDuo-/181487865753?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a41850f99

Ha! I had never seen that sticker before, that was for a special TG-16 + free Bonk's Adventure promotion.

If I wasn't on my phone, I'd link to the advert. :)
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 03:22:12 AM »
When I worked at game stores(post TG-16), when we got a promo from the company, it usually was some POP to put on the display box(read: sticker) and then we just grabbed the promo item from the stock case at the time of sale. I do not recall being asked to open up the console box(breaking any seal) just to drop in the game. Of course if the promotion was handled in-house, we'd get systems pre-loaded with items and pre-stickered.

I'm pretty sure my TG CD-ROM that had the CD+G sampler disc promo, the disc was handed to me or the salesman dropped it in the box at point of sale.

My CD+G disc was packed inside like it was a normal part of the package. Didn't seem like the box had ever been opened.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum