Author Topic: Camp California - Where the Music Never Ends Raffle  (Read 987 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Camp California - Where the Music Never Ends Raffle
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 08:58:41 AM »
I'll bring mine to work next week and scan it in, but can I hold the files ransom for a new TurboDoodle?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 09:03:32 AM »
and the music does end. I've listened to the whole thing.

And while I wouldn't put it in my car rotation of CDs, it's not THAT terrible. I recognized Nancy Cartwright as one of the voice actors, and I get the sense an uncredited Dan Castlenetta may be involved as one character sounds like a combination of Barney Gumble with a little bit of Homer Simpson mixed in.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Camp California - Where the Music Never Ends Raffle
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 09:19:13 AM »
It's fixed. And a new version is uploading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhnrm-K3Eg4&feature=youtu.be

Dude, that is WAY MORE INTRIGUING than I thought it would be.

STOP WRINKLING UP THE LYRICS AND ILLUSTRATIONS! I want to make something with all that goodness.

I'll bring mine to work next week and scan it in, but can I hold the files ransom for a new TurboDoodle?

Yes! And yes! I have an extra day off this weekend, maybe I'll try to reshoot/salvage an old episode or two of TurboDoodle (or I may just start again, I had some bad luck with old footage not turning out properly).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:22:16 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2015, 02:14:44 PM »

God only knows
why they approved this.  While it seems like forever ago, I'm sure someone involved with the Beach Boys must have  thought having a mascot would be Fun,Fun,Fun and thought wouldn't it be nice to find a way to market to children. It's just a major cash grab, I get around and know how the business works, and I'm sure if anyone suggested this might be selling out their managers probably told them "Don't worry baby" this will be a monster hit and everyone will want Byron Bear merchandise. If anyone in the band wanted to be true to their school of thought and not sell out, their voices clearly weren't heard over the pet sounds coming from these animal mascots. All that leaves is me 20 years later in my room while surfin USA .... based internet sites and making a pun filled post about these crappy mascot characters.

Awesome!

jtucci31

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »
Got mine in the mail today, thanks again Necro! :) Sadly I haven't had time to listen to it, but tomorrow i will. I didn't get the lyric sheet like Dan, but that's fine. I already know some Beach Boys tunes.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 01:20:13 AM »
I've not forgotten about you, este.  My copy is sitting next to me here at work, ready for scanning when I've got the time.  :mrgreen:

esteban

Camp California - Where the Music Never Ends Raffle
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 10:31:20 AM »
I've not forgotten about you, este.  My copy is sitting next to me here at work, ready for scanning when I've got the time.  :mrgreen:

L'Awesome.
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2015, 04:43:57 AM »

And while I wouldn't put it in my car rotation of CDs, it's not THAT terrible. I recognized Nancy Cartwright as one of the voice actors, and I get the sense an uncredited Dan Castlenetta may be involved as one character sounds like a combination of Barney Gumble with a little bit of Homer Simpson mixed in.

I forgot you mentioned this and immediately heard Simpson voices in this. Not sure if they really are on this cd, I'll have to check, but I thought that was funny.

I also thought the "Byron" character was funny and resembled Poochie. This CD is great!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 08:50:14 AM »
Scans and ripped tunes sent to esty and nully.  :mrgreen:

esteban

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »

Scans and ripped tunes sent to esty and nully.  :mrgreen:

HELL YES.

Thank you. :)