Author Topic: POLL: Indie/homebrew supporter roll call  (Read 1064 times)

vestcoat

Re: POLL: Indie/homebrew supporter roll call
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 10:20:05 AM »
And I'm still the only one sitting at the 12+ advanced collectard shortbus level.  Suck my IllustBooster, bitches!  :mrgreen:
LOL. Sapphire doesn't count. Most of us either bought it in '05 thinking it was an original or got it later from BlueBMW for free. And it was before Fudoh stole Megaman off Bonknuts.
Collectard status REVOKED.

glazball

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »
8 here for me, though that does count Atlantean which I don't have yet.  Been on Arkhan's waiting list for months, patiently waiting to send him my monies.

Turbo homebrewers are actually the only homebrewers I support, and I'll continue to do so as long as me and my Duo keep tickin'.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 12:53:51 PM »
Lucretia looks great.  Bubble Bobble I could probably get into, even in it's simplicity.  And I agree, game devs have to cut their teeth somehow, and I'd love to support them if someone would make a good action platformer, beat em up/hack & slash, or scrolling shmup.  Atlantean is soooo very close to what I want, so I'm hoping the next thing from Aetherbyte will blow my socks right off & my cash right out of my wallet, especially if it comes out on hucard.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

spenoza

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 04:17:22 AM »
I've not seen a homebrew that makes me want to play it more than deep blue or tv sports football. Give me a side scrolling beat 'em up like Legendary Axe II. Until then, I don't have crazy money to throw at a trinket to collect dust on my shelf just for the sake of having it.
I can relate to some extent. The thing is, indie developers have to start somewhere to get their chops up. If we care about keeping the TG16 alive, we need to support them. The less un-profitable it is for them to develop games, the more they'll make and the sooner they'll get to your side-scrolling brawlers.

While not every homebrew has been a home run, it sounds like you haven't given them a chance.

I'd like to pipe in, here. I've met Arkhan, and I really support what he and the other homebrew devs are trying to accomplish. I've played Atlantean, Pyramid Plunder, and the beta of Mysterious Song. I own a copy of Insanity. But none of these games really appeal to me all that much. It's not because they aren't good games and well-done. It's just that they aren't games that happen to hit at what I particularly enjoy playing. I may yet toss Arkhan $10 for the Atlantean ROM for my Everdrive once 2015 settles, but when you are a finicky gamer with limited financial resources, you pick your battles.

Besides, I want to support developers who want to make the kinds of games I want to play. Supporting Arkhan might help the homebrew scene, but it doesn't encourage him to make the kinds of games I enjoy. It encourages him to keep making the kinds of games he enjoys, which is really what he should be doing regardless.

Maybe we need to use Patreon funding around here to get stuff rolling. I think Bonknuts is probably the dev who is most likely to produce something that appeals to my particular tastes, be he's stuck working on his own until he has a finished product. Maybe Patreon could fix that.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

esteban

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »
I will buy a game, even if I have my doubts...just to support the community. I haven't been disappointed (surprisingly)!

Meteor Blaster DX
Implode
Hyper Nova Blast

MSR
Revival Chase

Insanity
Atlantean (ordered)
Pyramid Plunder (ordered)

|    | 

Gentlegamer

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 03:57:41 PM »
I ordered Atlantean...

I didn't realize there are so many homebrew games so far! The current Pcenginefx.com doesn't have a review section, but it would be great if the new supersite had a feature or game profiles on the homebrew games.

MrFulci

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 10:06:49 AM »
The homebrew stuff, I've just witnessed them getting better. They're not professional games, so I cut some slack. I support when I can, such as when I bought all of Arkhan's back catalogue in 2014.

As long as it progresses, and things get better, and I have money I desire to use toward , Donating/Purchasing, I'll go for it. So far, over the eyars, thigns are getting better, so...

I'd like to see a PCEFX RPG, turn based, or, "Neutopia" style. PCEFX handles for the friends, foes, etc. I'd.....

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 12:32:50 PM »
Golden Axe remade proper for the PCE. Enough said. 

sunteam_paul

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 08:53:40 PM »
I ordered Atlantean...

I didn't realize there are so many homebrew games so far! The current Pcenginefx.com doesn't have a review section, but it would be great if the new supersite had a feature or game profiles on the homebrew games.

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10666.0

I also have plans to do a pure Homebrew section to the PCESB in the future.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 02:43:59 AM »
Oh, I forgot about the protohuey.  That puts me at 13, so I gotta get back on the 'tard train!  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 06:12:44 AM »
I am just barely in the 4-7 group, someone needs to ship me my art prize contest and cable extender so I have  a bit of buffer.  :P
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 05:16:13 AM »
Turbo homebrew? Only two (Atlantean and Mysterious Song). I have twenty-one homebrew across all systems though (5 2600, 3 7800 including one multi-cart with several on there, 1 Lynx, 5 ColecoVision, and 5 Dreamcast, would have been 6 but I sold off Redux as being too shitty for the DC).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 05:50:58 AM »
I've got four more booties I forgot about in the collectard cave: a Magical Chase chuey, a Megaman, and two "pc-game" multicarts.  That's 17!  A congratulatory self-fisting is in order.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 07:32:45 AM »
Ah!  I was actually thinking about getting a couple homebrew games for the Lynx, namely Remnant...and some other FPS game made from the Battle Wheels engine that I can't remember the name of.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

jordan_hillman

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 07:41:22 AM »
Noob status for sure.

I'm really interested in checking out Mysterious Song, but it's such a shame that there is some shenanigans going on with the 2nd pressing and that weirdos are gouging the first pressings..

"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"