Author Topic: POLL: Indie/homebrew supporter roll call  (Read 1057 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: POLL: Indie/homebrew supporter roll call
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 08:04:08 AM »
Was there anything besides the ebay pre-sales to combat the gougery f*cksticks?  I don't know if Nod has anything going still, but delivery is just around the corner anyway (Thursday).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 08:14:56 AM »

I've got four more booties I forgot about in the collectard cave: a Magical Chase chuey, a Megaman, and two "pc-game" multicarts.  That's 17!  A congratulatory self-fisting is in order.

Self-fisting.
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 08:18:47 AM »
Self-fisting.

I've got two hands..... would you like some too?  I like to share.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 08:25:47 AM »

Self-fisting.

I've got two hands..... would you like some too?  I like to share.

You had me at "chuey"... :)
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 09:01:42 AM »
I have no homebrew games.  I wouldn't mind having booties of Sapphire and Kaze Kiri, nobody's yet made a homebrew game that piques my interest.  Atlantean got really close, but still no cigar. 

listen... do you hear that?

that is the sound of all the homebrew devs penciling you in at the top of their shit list. :lol:

Haha nah... one of the greatest things about homebrew is that we get to make the stuff we like as opposed to bending over for a marketing staff. If we like it, chances are someone else will too. We are not motivated by profit but by creative freedom. If that means that our audience will be limited, so be it. If I personally was motivated by profit, I would not be developing for the PC Engine at all but for a more widespread console, like the Sega Genesis (or something modern, like the Playstation 4 or Xbox One).

Punch

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 10:18:02 AM »
Was there anything besides the ebay pre-sales to combat the gougery f*cksticks?  I don't know if Nod has anything going still, but delivery is just around the corner anyway (Thursday).

Guarantee of always having the game on stock at retail price? I know it is hard to do with CD pressings but for something more homemade like the ABCards it is possible? Like with an interest list for new batches or something.

xelement5x

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »

Guarantee of always having the game on stock at retail price? I know it is hard to do with CD pressings but for something more homemade like the ABCards it is possible? Like with an interest list for new batches or something.

Nothing will always be in stock forever, but Nod/Rover has shown that if there is interest in additional copies they can be pressed and released.  He is light years ahead of WaterMelon with their bizarre preorder chicanery. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 03:55:46 PM »
Ah!  I was actually thinking about getting a couple homebrew games for the Lynx, namely Remnant...and some other FPS game made from the Battle Wheels engine that I can't remember the name of.

You're thinking of Cyber Virus, I have it, it's neat.

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 06:01:37 PM »
Ah!  I was actually thinking about getting a couple homebrew games for the Lynx, namely Remnant...and some other FPS game made from the Battle Wheels engine that I can't remember the name of.
If you like Super Fighter Team or shootemups, check out Zaku: