Author Topic: WTB: TG-16 Console PCB  (Read 165 times)

schweaty

WTB: TG-16 Console PCB
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:46:22 AM »
I am looking to buy a working console deck PCB for a project.  A power supply would also be nice (does not need to be OEM).  If it doesnt have the RF shield, that's OK too.

If I cant get just a PCB, I am willing to buy a basket case console (would like it to work, but if its at least fix-able I will consider it).  The casing doesnt matter to me at all (I am taking the board out anyway)

Let me know if you can help me out.

-Dan

schweaty

Re: WTB: TG-16 Console PCB
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 06:05:44 AM »
Bump... Would really like to get this project going

mitsuman

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 06:30:48 AM »
I will have my fully working TG16 console with power supply up for sale soon. PM me if interested. I was looking to either sell it outright or trade for some games.

seieienbu

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »
Oh man, I've got the perfect thing for you.  Years ago, I picked up a TG16 from somebody who had decided to do...something...to it.  I assumed it was broken when I got it but I plugged it in and, lo and behold, it worked. 

The area around the screws in the back were cut out with a saw of some sort.  Then on the front the area around where a card is inserted is cut out and the RF shield beneath has been partially removed as well.  I opened it up and, near as I could tell, nothing was actually changed inside.  For grins, I played games on it for a bit but then I stuffed it in the back of some closet. 

It looks ugly as sin but still worked fine last I checked.  This was, oh, 10 years ago or so.  I've had it sitting around collecting dust ever since.  If you're interested I'll see if I can find the power adapter for it to make sure that it's still operational.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:32:02 PM by seieienbu »
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

schweaty

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 03:34:52 PM »
Dude!  That is perfect.  PM in the air