Author Topic: Introducing My Self:Story Of Finding a TG 16 With A Booster Plus In The Wild !  (Read 606 times)

xasap_retro_gamerx

Thank You Admins For Approving Me!

I want to introduce my self my name is AJ , I collect all games and systems , I have SNES Kiosk , 4 limited n64s , a virtual boy , and a lot more , last month I came across a CL post for a turbo , I didn't realized what it was attached to the back of it so I left it alone , until the guy said he would trade me for some nintendo stuff I have him as copy of super smash 64 , a boxed super scope (no Styrofoam , and no inserts) , and copy of super castlevania 4 ,before hand I posted his ad to a trading/sell page a guy told me to hurry take it down and get to the guy asap , why did he say that ? The system had a turbo booster plus included the guy thought it came with the system , remember I paid only around 7$ for the three games I traded him , so I quickly went and got it  , it does have some deep scratches on the booster and about three on the system but I could careless , I won't ever again see on locally with the booster plus or even on ebay for for so cheep , now I am looking for an adaptor to play imports and then I will import games , but yeah I always wanted to own one , as soon as I found out about it , I had dreams of finding one , well so dreams do come true . My Friend Then For X-Mas Got Me A Turbo Pad :) . Now I'm just looking for games ! I Am On Nintendo Age as xasapxajx if anyone is from there on here !

cjameslv

Grats, welcome to the forums. Turbo booster plus is cool , but you will soon find it sitting on a shelf once you get the cd & dock setup!

galam

Welc...wait...did you say Nintendo Age?  Oh.

esteban

Welcome, comrade :)
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

Invest in a everdrive.   

Unless you stumble on some games throug similar happenstance. 

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
Welcome to the THUNDERDOME!!
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

HailingTheThings

Welc...wait...did you say Nintendo Age?  Oh.

J/K welcome to the forums! Don't mind grumpy gapin' galam, he just wants your sex. Hoowah!

Hoowah, Sex!

Desh

Welcome!  Once you start doing research on games for the TG you'll find either investing in a CD attachment or buying a DUO will become mandatory.  Grab a Turbo Ever drive (it has a built in region switch) or emulate to try out games before purchasing.  As with any other systems there are great ones and there are stinkers.  Many stinkers are commanding big dollars so do your research.

Since you mentioned Nintendoage I have to ask this question.  How do you feel about VGA grading?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Welcome aboard!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

captain_n77

Welcome! That's a pretty cool story. Congrats on the deal.  :dance:
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

xasap_retro_gamerx

Welcome!  Once you start doing research on games for the TG you'll find either investing in a CD attachment or buying a DUO will become mandatory.  Grab a Turbo Ever drive (it has a built in region switch) or emulate to try out games before purchasing.  As with any other systems there are great ones and there are stinkers.  Many stinkers are commanding big dollars so do your research.

Since you mentioned Nintendoage I have to ask this question.  How do you feel about VGA grading?

I don't do VGA , I don't like them , I am a collector but I like collecting items I can use , all my systems are loose or complete because of that , and my games are complete or loose  also :) sealed items I trade or sell off .

Desh

I don't do VGA , I don't like them , I am a collector but I like collecting items I can use , all my systems are loose or complete because of that , and my games are complete or loose  also :) sealed items I trade or sell off .

Congratualtions!  You passed the collectard test.  You should fit in here just fine.

jordan_hillman

Welcome aboard!!

And you couldn't have answered that question more perfectly!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

cr8zykuban0

welcome aboard and awesome find on the turbobooster. i would invest in a pcengine if you want to play the imports. it'll cost you less money than if you were to get a converter

csgx1

Welcome.  Nice starter set and congrats on the find. 

Consider installing a region switch/mod if you're handy with a soldering iron.