Author Topic: TurboGrafx-16 @Software Etc. (Stills from training video)  (Read 1374 times)

esteban

Re: TurboGrafx-16 @Software Etc. (Stills from training video)
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »

After watching this video I am now sure that I am fully prepared to manage a 1990s Software Etc. installed in one of the many Middle American malls. I shall now construct a time machine, and prepare myself for my new venture into the world of 1990s retail.

Hahahahahshashs. Just follow the marketing plan, and make sure your endcaps are appealing. You'll be fine.
  |    | 

technozombie

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2015, 11:55:19 AM »
I used to work at Software Etc, started in Nov. of 1999. I later became the manager but that wasn't until around 2002 and it was Gamestop by then.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »
With all the phantasms that seem to have appeared over night in their stores to haunt the lowly but highly witty night shift guy, I'm surprised you managed to last that long. Surely every store they had was also haunted too.

technozombie

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2015, 02:12:07 PM »
With all the phantasms that seem to have appeared over night in their stores to haunt the lowly but highly witty night shift guy, I'm surprised you managed to last that long. Surely every store they had was also haunted too.
When I worked there Playstation was the big system, Dreamcast was out but didn't command the shelf space of Ps1. Anyways, we always gutted a copy to put on the floor, just as they do now.  One day this little girl comes in and wants to buy the last copy Mary Kate and Ashley: Winners Circle.  Oddly enough the girl seems too young to be walking around the mall by herself but I think, "Oh well she's got money that's all that matters."  The next morning I open the store and I'm going about my routine alphabetizing games, and holy shit what do I find, Mary Kate and Ashley: Winners Circle. I know I sold the last one, so I think, "Well her parents must have made her return it," and I go about my business. So later that day the same little girl walks in, and proceeds to re-buy the game. I didn't ring her up but I saw that it was the same girl.  The next day I was off, then the following day I work the evening shift. So I was talking with my co-worker who opened the store that morning and jokingly told him about that girl buying the game and then coming back the next day and buying it again. He looks at me like WTF? "She came in yesterday while you were off and again this morning."  I begin furiously digging through the return log and looking up past transactions and it was never returned. Just bought over and over. The next day the same there it is, on the shelf waiting for the creepy girl to come back and buy it again, but this time I get it and I break the disc in half and mark it as defective in inventory. So later on, like clockwork she comes in and she picks up the case which I forgot take off the shelf. I then say,"You can't buy that the disc is broken." She then looks me dead in the eye and says, its ok I'll still pay Tree Fiddy.   
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 02:15:57 PM by technozombie »

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2015, 02:27:08 PM »
I think the most important part of that story was that she wasn't vaccinated for measles.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2015, 02:36:54 PM »

roflmao

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2015, 04:50:42 PM »
When I worked there Playstation was the big system, Dreamcast was out but didn't command the shelf space of Ps1. Anyways, we always gutted a copy to put on the floor, just as they do now.  One day this little girl comes in and wants to buy the last copy Mary Kate and Ashley: Winners Circle.  Oddly enough the girl seems too young to be walking around the mall by herself but I think, "Oh well she's got money that's all that matters."  The next morning I open the store and I'm going about my routine alphabetizing games, and holy shit what do I find, Mary Kate and Ashley: Winners Circle. I know I sold the last one, so I think, "Well her parents must have made her return it," and I go about my business. So later that day the same little girl walks in, and proceeds to re-buy the game. I didn't ring her up but I saw that it was the same girl.  The next day I was off, then the following day I work the evening shift. So I was talking with my co-worker who opened the store that morning and jokingly told him about that girl buying the game and then coming back the next day and buying it again. He looks at me like WTF? "She came in yesterday while you were off and again this morning."  I begin furiously digging through the return log and looking up past transactions and it was never returned. Just bought over and over. The next day the same there it is, on the shelf waiting for the creepy girl to come back and buy it again, but this time I get it and I break the disc in half and mark it as defective in inventory. So later on, like clockwork she comes in and she picks up the case which I forgot take off the shelf. I then say,"You can't buy that the disc is broken." She then looks me dead in the eye and says, its ok I'll still pay Tree Fiddy.   

HA!

esteban

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2015, 05:55:45 AM »
I missed this. I can't believe I didn't realize where it was heading sooner.

$3.50, indeed.
  |    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2015, 06:04:41 AM »
I think the most important part of that story was that she wasn't vaccinated for measles.

LOL!