Author Topic: The Struggle Of Finding Turbo Stuff..  (Read 1791 times)

geise

Re: The Struggle Of Finding Turbo Stuff..
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 05:36:11 AM »
tried many places one reason why I joined here to try here , FB groups are more then ebay lately .

LOL!  Facebook users groups.  Where all the new guys go for the r@rez.  Thank all the new adopters that don't know shit and now want a niche system and have "seen the light" realizing how good it is.  "Oh I've never heard of this!  It must be rare. *insert shit ass price*"

Too be honest it has been hard for me to find any deals even on here for turbo.  There are so many lurkers and new guys that come out of the woodwork they are gone like MVS carts on neo-geo.com.  Very few sales lately as well.  The reality is (especially now) you need to be patient to find anything at a decent price.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 08:01:01 AM »
I, for one, find it shocking that area retailers do not have any inventory for a 25+ year-old gaming system with a niche audience. Preposterous!

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 08:03:43 AM »
Obey I have to say is pretty common for me and always has been.  Here in VA the stuff can be found granted mostly commons.  Up in the tri-State area there are almost always a sale going on.  Just today I searched and found this.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/tag/4849745038.html

$300 for a Turbo CD with a system card, Duo Pro Card, game converter, and 24 games.

Not bad even if the turbo cd is not working.  i needs a power supply and a controller.

I messaged the guy and he said it might already be sole and it was posted just today.  This stuff moves fast.  The best way to get obey is watch your obey friends and when a hardship falls upon them buy their obey  Divorces and moving sales are always the best.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Bernie

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 08:48:00 AM »
Obey I have to say is pretty common for me and always has been.  Here in VA the stuff can be found granted mostly commons.  Up in the tri-State area there are almost always a sale going on.  Just today I searched and found this.

$300 for a Turbo CD with a system card, Duo Pro Card, game converter, and 24 games.

Not bad even if the turbo cd is not working.  i needs a power supply and a controller.

I messaged the guy and he said it might already be sole and it was posted just today.  This stuff moves fast.  The best way to get obey is watch your obey friends and when a hardship falls upon them buy their obey  Divorces and moving sales are always the best.

I kinda take issue with that last paragraph...  While I can understand people fall on hard times, and during times of distress, can part out with stuff....Why on Earth and in God's name would you want to prey on them like that?  I got lucky here in these very forums, and most of my stuff, 95%, went to peeps right here in these forums, and about 99% of them always told me..."It is here if you ever want it back."  THAT is the definition of a friend that Obeys.  I am not attacking you in any way, I am only presenting things from a different point of view.  I would hate to feel like I was on the watch for a breakdown, so I could be preyed on...  :(  I dunno, maybe I am just being dramatic..  I guess the last paragraph just got to me more than it should have. 

By the way, I am a fellow VA resident, and I rarely see Turbobs..  :(

Sparky

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 09:00:52 AM »
Nah Bernie, reading that quote and that last part is typical from him.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 09:07:10 AM »

I kinda take issue with that last paragraph...  While I can understand people fall on hard times, and during times of distress, can part out with stuff....Why on Earth and in God's name would you want to prey on them like that?  I got lucky here in these very forums, and most of my stuff, 95%, went to peeps right here in these forums, and about 99% of them always told me..."It is here if you ever want it back."  THAT is the definition of a friend that Obeys.  I am not attacking you in any way, I am only presenting things from a different point of view.  I would hate to feel like I was on the watch for a breakdown, so I could be preyed on...  :(  I dunno, maybe I am just being dramatic..  I guess the last paragraph just got to me more than it should have. 

By the way, I am a fellow VA resident, and I rarely see Turbobs..  :(

Most of the people I have preyed upon were teh resellers.  There was a guy a coupe of years back who had a mobile game store drove around with classic games everywhere.  The guy also sold like sonic 1 loose for $10 he was a prick.  After a while I see he tried to sell his whole business for a crazy amount and then eventually basically started giving stuff away for crazy prices.

You guys here?  I doubt I'd be able to take advantage of anyone here nor would I want to let alone be able to get away with it.  People sell good stuff here at fair prices and stuff goes quick.  That Lynx I just got for $40?  That guy was trying to sell if for $200 when I first talked to him back in June, he just folded and I was persistent.

Sometimes, in order to get what you want you have to be patient and wait for an opportunity unless of course you want to pay top dollar.  This doesn't mean rip off your old buddy because his old lady left him and wants half of everything, it's just the Craigslist people who actually post that they are desperate and need to sell.  My buddy just picked up an XBONE for $150 because the guy selling it needed cash, you are saying you wouldn't pay that?

No offense taken Berney , and the people on this site I doubt could be preyed upon unless it was by some lying scammer who just took money and ran.  I am just focusing on teh ebay scammer or the craisglist people who sometimes don't now what they have. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:15:41 AM by EvilEvoIX »

I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

slinkyturd

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 11:46:58 AM »
You guys all seem desperate for merchandise so I am going to be generous. I have a keith courage complete...in vinyl sleeve. I'm asking $50. Come and get it before I throw it on ebay for $100 and make out like a bandit.
70/95 US Turbochips

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »
I see Expresses far more often than I see any other TG-16 systems, oddly enough
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Mzo

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 01:56:41 PM »
I've been extremely lucky both through one of my best friends that runs the game side of a used CD store here in South Florida and the generosity of the people on this board that let me play some amazing games at very fair prices.

xelement5x

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 01:58:43 PM »

Good attempt at recovery later, but thankfully you didn't edit the original post.   :-k

You specifically said:
"watch your obey friends and when a hardship falls upon them buy their obey"

That is the slimiest f*cking thing I have ever heard.  I feel bad for anyone who considers you a friend.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

esteban

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2015, 02:17:30 PM »

Good attempt at recovery later, but thankfully you didn't edit the original post.   :-k

You specifically said:

That is the slimiest f*cking thing I have ever heard.  I feel bad for anyone who considers you a friend.

I actually tried to be fair and not judge EvilEvolX too harshly since he has been here.

I know I have been MORE THAN GENEROUS, and now I realize that he truly is a f@cking douche.

I don't regret giving him the benefit of doubt, but I can't help but feel a little foolish.

|    | 

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2015, 02:58:36 PM »

You specifically said:

Ahhh yes another person who judges.  There is a post above of a guy who got all of his obey off of some guy who didn't know what he was selling.  Like if you walked upon a crazy deal worth $2,000+ in games alone and asking $100 you'd tell the guy and pay full price.  What complete and utter bullshit.

My god this site is full of nasal gazers who must look down upon people.  You all said it yourselves the hobby is ZOMGMASDIVELYEXPENSIVERS and people keep jacking prices to levels unknown.  The title of this thread speaks to that and I answered honestly and you're all displaying "fake outrage".  I lie in wait and strike at a deal.  Yes I said it and I stand by it.  Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:44:17 AM by EvilEvoIX »

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2015, 03:05:40 PM »
Quote from: esteban

Regards
I actually tried to be fair and not judge EvilEvolX too harshly since he has been here.

I know I have been MORE THAN GENEROUS, and now I realize that he truly is a f@cking douche.

I don't regret giving him the benefit of doubt, but I can't help but feel a little foolish.

Thanks for not judging to harshly as my whole future depends upon your judgement.  I quiver in your judgmental presence and know based upon your judgement the earth will live another day.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:43:41 AM by EvilEvoIX »

esteban

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2015, 01:47:10 AM »
EvilEvolX, I think most folks made up their minds about you long ago.

I had not.

That is all.

|    | 

wildfruit

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2015, 02:03:23 AM »
Try living in England. "Retro" game shops have all but ceased to exist. My closest one is about 25 miles away and appears to be run by some hipsters who have to fund a rather extravagant life style judging by their prices. I have never seen turbo in the wild. PCE very rarely.