Author Topic: The Struggle Of Finding Turbo Stuff..  (Read 1787 times)

esteban

The Struggle Of Finding Turbo Stuff..
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2015, 02:06:23 AM »
:-"

:lol:

I'm going to say something mindblowing...

In the context of getting a good deal, what EvoAniki said is true despite being worded about as poorly and insensitively as possible. Friends, however, would sell back to friends at a comparable buddy-price come sunnier days.

Yes, my opinion of Evo was not swayed one way or the other by this latest development.  Just adds another explanation for his participation here beyond raffles, sega evangelism, and neogeo chat.

I hear you.

We all know that many folks are opportunists and slimy. This happens routinely.

This wasn't "new" to anyone.

The glee and relish in profiting from the misfortunes of others, then, is not new. It's just something that few would openly admit to it in our "tight-knit" community.

Especially on a forum where we are *slightly* sensitive to gougers, exploitation, scammers, etc. A comment about another person's suffering is not referring to some "random, anonymous Joe Schmoe" on eBay, but rather a "fellow forum member".

I am sure other folks share EvolEvil's views—they just don't state it publicly.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:17:44 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

EvilEvoIX

Re: The Struggle Of Finding Turbo Stuff..
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2015, 02:44:44 AM »
    My goal is never to profit.  Never was, never will be.  My goal is to play the games I never had before and build a solid classic game collection which I've been doing since 1989.  The only stuff I flip routinely are Sega Genesis'sssessess.   I have 9 of them, sold about 15 in my life time.  Why?  Most game bundles come with these cheap systems and I build a common setup and sell them on ebay of Craigslist and they go relatively quickly.  Anyone want a Sega Genesis on the cheap hit me up.

My goal is classic gaming and I have stumbled upon many many game deals simply based upon pure luck or yes opportunism.  You get posts from people who advertise their need of funds or my wife says it has to go, the whatever, what am I supposed to do say "SORRY, here's full price even though you asked $20 for a $40 game."  Like I said before I waited almost two years for that mobile game guy to fold (he was a prick and I thoroughly enjoyed his demise) and when he did I picked the bones along with many other guys, some of whom resellers who damage the game industry for profit.  I posted my score before on the "What did you buy today" thread and got nothing but accolades.  I think people just come here to bitch some times.  I get that I rub people the wrong way some times but this is ridiculous.   

Not one of you who might stumble upon a Turbo in the wild with say Magical Chase and Bonk 3 for $40 would tell the person who is selling it what it is worth and pay full price, not a one of yah.  I've picked up AES games for $9 in the past based upon some guy selling them thinking they were movies!  "Why yes sir these are a series of old Samurai Cartoon Movies, how much each?"

On this very site you see people selling collections where you can score deals.  How is that bad?  Everyone likes a deal & no one here wants to pay full price (meaning eBay prices).  That is the entire point of this thread gentleman, and anyone who takes offense is either a Liar or an over sensitive libtard.  Hell even Nullity agrees with me and that has never happened except on Socks and The Genesis being as good as you can get.

I have made killings off of Craigslist, could that person have made a mint off me telling them what they are selling is worth MUCH MUCH more?  Yes of course!!  Did I tell them?  Nope, oh well.

As stated before it is almost impossible to rip someone off here as this is a knowledgeable community.  I have dealt with many of you guys and it's all 100% good.  Say what you want about me, all my dealings have been square and I have given games away too. (Legenday Ax wraffle coming up btw).   Everyone else gloves off I'm coming.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:08:32 AM by EvilEvoIX »

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Black Tiger

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2015, 04:08:29 AM »
    My goal is never to profit.  Never was, never will be.  My goal is to play the games I never had before and build a solid classic game collection which I've been doing since 1989.  The only stuff I flip routinely are Sega Genesis'sssessess.   I have 9 of them, sold about 15 in my life time.  Why?  Most game bundles come with these cheap systems and I build a common setup and sell them on ebay of Craigslist and they go relatively quickly.  Anyone want a Sega Genesis on the cheap hit me up.

My goal is classic gaming and I have stumbled upon many many game deals simply based upon pure luck or yes opportunism.  You get posts from people who advertise their need of funds or my wife says it has to go, the whatever, what am I supposed to do say "SORRY, here's full price even though you asked $20 for a $40 game."  Like I said before I waited almost two years for that mobile game guy to fold (he was a prick and I thoroughly enjoyed his demise) and when he did I picked the bones along with many other guys, some of whom resellers who damage the game industry for profit.  I posted my score before on the "What did you buy today" thread and got nothing but accolades.  I think people just come here to bitch some times.  I get that I rub people the wrong way some times but this is ridiculous.   

Not one of you who might stumble upon a Turbo in the wild with say Magical Chase and Bonk 3 for $40 would tell the person who is selling it what it is worth and pay full price, not a one of yah.  I've picked up AES games for $9 in the past based upon some guy selling them thinking they were movies!  "Why yes sir these are a series of old Samurai Cartoon Movies, how much each?"

On this very site you see people selling collections where you can score deals.  How is that bad?  Everyone likes a deal & no one here wants to pay full price (meaning eBay prices).  That is the entire point of this thread gentleman, and anyone who takes offense is either a Liar or an over sensitive libtard.  Hell even Nullity agrees with me and that has never happened except on Socks and The Genesis being as good as you can get.

I have made killings off of Craigslist, could that person have made a mint off me telling them what they are selling is worth MUCH MUCH more?  Yes of course!!  Did I tell them?  Nope, oh well.

As stated before it is almost impossible to rip someone off here as this is a knowledgeable community.  I have dealt with many of you guys and it's all 100% good.  Say what you want about me, all my dealings have been square and I have given games away too. (Legenday Ax wraffle coming up btw).   Everyone else gloves off I'm coming.

An acquaintance offered to sell me his PC Engine collection during the late 90's. He hadn't touched it in a while and was only interested in current gen stuff. He was very friendly and just told me to give him whatever I wanted for it. He even gave me the PCE/IFU/CD boxed set and like 30 games up front and just asked me to pay him whenever. I made a detailed list of online sold prices of every item in similar conditions and gave it to him. I didn't do myself any favors cherry picking low end sales or anything. I also explained in detail the range of potential selling prices based on various factors and what he could potentially get for it if he sold it as one giant lot or individually. In the end he asked for only $1100, while I believe I priced it as close to $2000. Most of the games have gone from $30 - $50 down to $5 - $10 each today, but I have no regrets and was just happy to play the games and not rip the guy off.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2015, 04:19:47 AM »

An acquaintance offered to sell me his PC Engine collection during the late 90's. He hadn't touched it in a while and was only interested in current gen stuff. He was very friendly and just told me to give him whatever I wanted for it. He even gave me the PCE/IFU/CD boxed set and like 30 games up front and just asked me to pay him whenever. I made a detailed list of online sold prices of every item in similar conditions and gave it to him. I didn't do myself any favors cherry picking low end sales or anything. I also explained in detail the range of potential selling prices based on various factors and what he could potentially get for it if he sold it as one giant lot or individually. In the end he asked for only $1100, while I believe I priced it as close to $2000. Most of the games have gone from $30 - $50 down to $5 - $10 each today, but I have no regrets and was just happy to play the games and not rip the guy off.

Well that was 16 years ago and the Turbo, while not fresh, was still relevant.  You must of had some serious for-site on this system as a collectable as in my circles this stuff was almost disposable at that time.  People just dumped crazy collections for almost nothing to EB games to get a PS1 or a Saturn or a N64.  The only games I really followed back then were Neo Geo Carts which were beginning to explode in pricing so I started collecting for that system back then and didn't have Sega, NES, SNES, nothing.  All I had was a PS1 and a Neo Geo.

To have that for-site is incredible and even paying $1100 was a good deal.  What is it worth toda?  about the same?

I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2015, 03:21:53 AM »
Besides not knowing the words "foresight" or the term "navel gazing", dumbf*ck evo doesn't understand the difference between getting a deal off of total strangers that set their own prices and preying upon people you claim as friends.

Even the common stuff online is wildly overpriced.

I guess it depends on what you consider overpriced, as much of the Turbob library and almost all of the PCE library can be found (with patience) at or below original MSRP.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 04:38:28 AM »
Preying on people?  I'm always looking for a deal, aren't you?

You specifically said it's 'best to watch and wait for a friend's misfortune', which is distinctly different than a generic 'buy good deals where you can'.

Don't back peddle or try to project your failings upon others.  It makes you look even more foolish than usual.

Back pedal from what?  Failings?  Just making things up to fit your argument narrative you no doubt practice in the mirror every morning?  I immagine you then try to steer the conversation on some poor soul to act out your anger upon.  It's getting old.  That said  I stand by everything I said and reiterated multiple times.  The only thing I see here is an obvious thin skin and yes "Nasal Gazing" that you've perfected over the years.  Now whether I was tongue in cheek about my admission or dead serious remains to be seen but your over reacting with your "AHHH-HAAAAAA GOTCHA" moment you are desperately trying to broadcast is typical and now seemingly desperate; even for you.  I think the issue is you focus on me too much, it really shows.

I think you feel like you've caught something and that's cute, it really is and I'm proud of you.  You pounced on an obvious statement and you act like you've cracked the da vinci code, do you get this much sense of accomplishment after completing the maze on a children's menu?  Do you not understand how easy it is to get a rise out of you and the usual suspects?  Hell even Nullity is tounge in cheek at this point but man you've got a sharpened vendetta.  I really think you are just following the same narrative you always do with name calling and being snippy and hey that's fine, do what you do to make yourself fell better.  If I pulled that crap I'd get a deserved talking too and you have it in your head that it is fine with certain people.  That said just don't think for one second that what you say is relevant, it can't be being as transparent and judgmental as you are.  I mean how am I supposed to take you seriously?  I say right, you say left, I say up you say down f*cktard, we get it.

Regards.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:49:44 AM by EvilEvoIX »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2015, 05:02:10 AM »
Back pedal from what?

From the fact that you prey upon your friends.  You've repeatedly tried to broaden your original statement to mean that you just try to get good deals whenever the opportunity arises, which is obviously back pedaling.

Failings?

Continually stating that I'm 'angry' and 'hurt' is projecting your own inadequacies.  I am neither; I'm just sitting here, laughing at the village idiot.

Do you not understand how easy it is to get a rise out of you and the usual suspects?

Says the guy spending 20 minutes to formulate a lengthy response to a couple of short sentences.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2015, 05:04:39 AM »
Back pedal from what?

From the fact that you prey upon your friends.  You've repeatedly tried to broaden your original statement to mean that you just try to get good deals whenever the opportunity arises, which is obviously back pedaling.

Failings?

Continually stating that I'm 'angry' and 'hurt' is projecting your own inadequacies.  I am neither; I'm just sitting here, laughing at the village idiot.

Do you not understand how easy it is to get a rise out of you and the usual suspects?

Says the guy spending 20 minutes to formulate a lengthy response to a couple of short sentences.

Like I said, typical.  Same old internet commando stuff I've been hearing for the better part of 2 decades.  Gotta get the last word in or else you can't win I got it, really.  Might as well type "LOL" while your at it or post a ROLF.  My original mistake was taking you seriously.  That won't happen again.

Regards
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:15:13 AM by EvilEvoIX »

Bernie

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2015, 07:53:05 AM »
EvilE, I, the one and only Bernie, is the PCEngineFX Village Idiot!!  Call Necro something else!!  :) 

Sparky

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2015, 08:35:14 AM »
Back pedal from what?

Failings?

hahahaha, i hope he is not upset?

mrhaboobi

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2015, 12:10:28 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about.  I live in bumblef*ck Kansas and you can't go anywhere without finding Duos, Turbos, Hus, and CD/SuperCDs for sale.  The convenience store next to my office actually has a display behind the counter, but their asking prices are too high. I would never pay $75 for a Duo, or $450 for CIB Magical Chase.  If I wanted those, I'd just go to the thrift store down the road and pick them up for half of that... maybe even less.  They've got so many that aren't moving, they might even pay me to take them off their hands and free up the shelf space.

What I can't find here, though, are any used madden games.  If anyone comes across any madden games, please hit me up. Maybe we can work out a trade.

LOL :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

RTQ

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2015, 06:04:14 PM »
I live in the Chicago area.  TG stuff rarely comes up on craigslist (except for common) - I think I've only bought two times on there over the years.

One of those buys was from a guy who had picked up a bunch of TG games at a garage sale a few years before.  He never had a TG system - just the games.  He had Air Zonk, Chase HQ, Neutopia, Neutopia II, & Military Madness.  Blew my mind!  Wish I could find those kind of garage sales!

clackattack

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2015, 04:26:04 AM »
Shit, here in Ga. where I live, theres only buyers. No one knows squat about our beloved console near me. The only things TG related ive ever seen locally, i personally bought... and believe me, it wasnt much (loose Chewman, and a controller and that was over 2 years ago). I see local CL ads everyday where someone in my area wants to trade a bunch of uber-common Nintendoo stuff for Turbobs and/or 3DO/CDi stuff. Hell, i even put up a duplicate loose Keith for 5$ on CL and it was up for weeks and no one even inquired about it. Ended up just giving it to a friend
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2015, 10:51:40 AM »
I live in a large city and I have found a ton of Turbo stuff in the wild.  Most have been from game stores but I did get my CIB Turbo system off a guy on Kijiji.  It's dried up pretty bad over the years now but I have most of the Turbo stuff I want.  I am looking more for PC-Engine stuff now. 

Daria

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »
So I uh... found a Bonk's Adventure once. That's pretty much the extent of my wild Turbo sightings.