Author Topic: The Struggle Of Finding Turbo Stuff..  (Read 1781 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: The Struggle Of Finding Turbo Stuff..
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2015, 07:22:13 PM »
So I uh... found a Bonk's Adventure once. That's pretty much the extent of my wild Turbo sightings.

Was it in the woods,
?

That's where I found my copy of Drop Off. Just hiding in some shrubbery. True Story.*

*Not Esteban, but I try.**

**He's lying, he doesn't.

esteban

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2015, 09:03:25 PM »
Hailing, I respect that you didn't go for the obvious (and less clever joke) about finding *Drop Off* in a public restroom. In one of the stalls. Oh, and that you had to peel toilet paper off of it.
  |    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2015, 09:41:43 PM »
Hailing, I respect that you didn't go for the obvious (and less clever joke) about finding *Drop Off* in a public restroom. In one of the stalls. Oh, and that you had to peel toilet paper off of it.

To be honest, I almost thought about doing that thing that you just said, but that would feel like calling Drop Off a bad game. While I'm not the biggest fan, I think it's decent. I pick it up from time to time before I Drop (it) Off. We have fun and then something like oh, I don't know, effing Don Doko Don is all about that "Ah, play me now!" life. Who am I to deny a superior game? A game, I might add, that has an adorable gnome made of clay on the cover. Hiding in the very shrubbery I found Drop Off.

#FullCircle #QuarterCircle #Hadouken #HollywoodHoganShouldNotBeInductingRandySavage

True Story

Bernie

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2015, 08:25:35 AM »
This thread sucks... :)

HailingTheThings

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »

CPTRAVE

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2015, 12:40:05 PM »
Shit, here in Ga. where I live, theres only buyers. No one knows squat about our beloved console near me. The only things TG related ive ever seen locally, i personally bought... and believe me, it wasnt much (loose Chewman, and a controller and that was over 2 years ago). I see local CL ads everyday where someone in my area wants to trade a bunch of uber-common Nintendoo stuff for Turbobs and/or 3DO/CDi stuff. Hell, i even put up a duplicate loose Keith for 5$ on CL and it was up for weeks and no one even inquired about it. Ended up just giving it to a friend

Hey I'm In GA to. Never see anything regarding Turbo goods. I have pretty much given up hope findings turbo games here.

grache

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
Does anyone know what the distribution of NEC products was in North America? Weren't the majority of US sales in the NYC metropolis?

Turbobs were rare here when I was a kid and they're rare now.
TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

xasap_retro_gamerx

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2015, 02:47:23 AM »
Does anyone know what the distribution of NEC products was in North America? Weren't the majority of US sales in the NYC metropolis?

Turbobs were rare here when I was a kid and they're rare now.

rumor is they released them in mostly cities

SignOfZeta

The Struggle Of Finding Turbo Stuff..
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2015, 07:23:04 AM »
When I got my US Duo they were still in production. TTI was still taking out full page ads in EGM, and in my town I had both an EB (with AES carts on the wall, motherf*cker) and a TRU that carried Turbo stuff.

And I still mail ordered half my shit from out of state or drove 100s of miles to conventions or hardcore gaming shops. And keep in mind, this was back when "collectors" didn't even exist. Nobody ever thought about "catching them all" because nobody wanted to spend $50 each for a bunch of garbage sports games they'd never play. In the 80s, when a toy commercial came on TV that said "get the entire collection!" nobody took it seriously. That was a wild dream on behalf of the toy maker. Kids only buy what they like. Somehow that changed...

The scarcity is part of the joy of loving PCE. Even our "Mario/Duck Hunts" are 100 times less common as everyone else's. I like it like this. I never get overexposed to garbage like FIFA 97 for Saturn or Mortal Kombat for Genesis.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:24:06 AM by SignOfZeta »