Author Topic: Turbo Duo for 200$ (needs to be fixed yes or no?)  (Read 738 times)

Bernie

Re: Turbo Duo for 200$ (needs to be fixed yes or no?)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 07:54:47 AM »
friend has one wants 200$ but needs to be recapped worth it ? The HU CARD side works through ...

ah... yeah... sounds like it needs more than a recap

How so?  The HuCARD side will work fine if the caps are shot all to shit.  It mainly just screws up the CD side of things.  :)

Sadler

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 08:09:54 AM »
Is there really a point in getting a U.S system nowadays? I mean seriously, you could get a Pc Engine Duo, get a chopsado and viola play U.S hucard games on a Japanese system. Just saying.

I thought playing US hucards on Japanese hardware was more complicated than that. Don't you need to ground something or another in addition to swapping pins?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 08:44:47 AM »
It is, Sadler, but the idea still stands that a region modded PCE Duo is generally a better buy than a US Duo and has been for over a decade now.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sadler

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 08:47:36 AM »
I agree 100%. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 09:06:42 AM »
I have to say, though, the TurboDuo is by far the sexiest looking of the four Duos.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Bernie

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 09:20:56 AM »
I have to say, though, the TurboDuo is by far the sexiest looking of the four Duos.

This just won you points.  I will email you a nude pic of myself now.  :)

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 01:37:50 PM »
Is there really a point in getting a U.S system nowadays? I mean seriously, you could get a Pc Engine Duo, get a chopsado and viola play U.S hucard games on a Japanese system. Just saying.

I thought playing US hucards on Japanese hardware was more complicated than that. Don't you need to ground something or another in addition to swapping pins?
Its about as complicated as swapping a socketed bios on a Neo Geo MVS board. lol

BlueBMW

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 06:16:01 PM »
Yeah you dont even need to lift the pin anymore.  Steve determined that one of the adjacent pins is a ground so you can just drop some solder in there and bridge it to its neighboring pin.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 04:08:35 AM »
A bit steep in price IMO, $100.00 ok price $130.00 highest price if you absolutely have to have a US Duo. Condition of it cosmetically obviously would have to be great for the price i just mentioned above. Just my two cents on the matter, to each his own at the end of the day ..
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

spenoza

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 03:36:10 AM »
I got a recapped model for $250 (or thereabouts) from someone on here. Also had a region switch. No laser replacement, yet, but probably coming down the road.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c