Author Topic: Where'd you buy your TG?  (Read 1268 times)

Kid Fenris

Re: Where'd you buy your TG?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 11:59:56 AM »
I bought my TurboGrafx-16 off eBay back in 1999. It was one of the first things I got there, and it cost $25. This was well before eBay mandated photos for every auction, so I had no idea what I was getting. The console and the AC adapter were stained by what was probably paint (though I initially thought someone had thrown up on it), and the controller's connectors would fall out of the cable if you pulled it too hard. I should have complained to the seller, but I was too happy playing Ninja Spirit and Keith Courage on my very own TurboGrafx.

I still have the system, with a new controller. The RF switch that came with it conked out, but I can use a Nintendo one.

Dicer

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 01:50:34 PM »
I got my Tg-16 from a JC Penny outlet, they had a pile there randomly one day for $99, came with Legendary Axe and Keith courage, was a hell of a deal at the time.

As far as software EB games when I worked there, started in PCE stuff from Gamefan, and ended up working i one of their ill fated retail stores.

cjameslv

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 02:11:23 PM »
I got my turbografx16 & cd addon here in vegas for $100. I got my pce turboduo from a member here for $80 and that included shipping. Games i have gotten locally or through this forum as well.
I want one of those duos $80?

I bet it was one that needed some tlc. Cjameslv is on of those "I fix things" guys.

Lol very true. I had to recap it and adjust the laser pots. Still a very solid deal and much appreciated! On a side note it was very nice shell even had the door!

CPTRAVE

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 02:21:08 PM »
I got my Turbografx 16, at Toys R' US in Azusa California, the same year it came out.

RTQ

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 04:05:10 PM »
Mine were all consecutive Christmases I believe.

89 - TG
90 - TGCD - that wrapped box was so big it didn't fit under the tree. It was awesome!
91 - TurboExpress - my dad put the TV tuner in the tree like an ornament. I played my Express the most and thought it was the most incredible thing ever invented.  I could watch TV and play my favorite games wherever I wanted. I was attached to that thing for a few years. Great memories.

Overand

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2015, 01:45:01 AM »
I bought one of them at a yard sale or flea market in the early or mid 90s.  I used to ride around in the back of the car with it, with the Turbo Stick velcro'd to the top, with a portable, battery-op B&W TV.  Portable 3 player Bomberman '93 was the business.

Another one I have, I bought on eBay around 2005, as part of a TGCD set, with some games.  (It was probably the worst packaged eBay purchase I've ever made; I'm amazed it's still all in working order, more or less).

I also had a Duo in between, which got stolen along with a pile of my games and other retro consoles, back in '01 or '02.  I'm actually completely uncertain how I got that - maybe Turbozone Direct?
overand.com [noise & madness]

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2015, 02:23:40 AM »
Mine were all consecutive Christmases I believe.

89 - TG
90 - TGCD - that wrapped box was so big it didn't fit under the tree. It was awesome!
91 - TurboExpress - my dad put the TV tuner in the tree like an ornament. I played my Express the most and thought it was the most incredible thing ever invented.  I could watch TV and play my favorite games wherever I wanted. I was attached to that thing for a few years. Great memories.

Living the Turbo Dream

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2015, 02:28:12 AM »
My first OBEY was a Turbo Duo in July 1994 with 12 games for $200.00 from a place called RSE Videogamestar.
Picked up a Duo R in 2006 for around $150.

Sold everything in 2008,  :(

Reacquired a Duo from beemer in 2010.
PCE from Luke Morse in 2013
TurboExpress from Rockabilly (aka Zach Spears from FB group) in 2014
TG16- "Legendary Axe Edition" this past Xmas.

Woot, Turbo!

Bloufo

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2015, 02:30:16 AM »
Very late to the party.

All my Turbo stuff off ebay. From 2008 onwards.
No chance in finding anything remotely Turbo related in this neck of the woods.

First piece of hardware was a PC Engine Duo.

seieienbu

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2015, 03:38:59 AM »
I got my Turbo Grafx 16 for Christmas in 1990.  I got a Turbo CD 2 years later, I think?

I grew up in a pretty small town, College Station TX.  I think the population was 35k or so in 1990.  During its run, you could pick up Turbo stuff at a McDuff, Toys R Us, Service Merchandise, Babbages, and Dillard's. 
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

tggodfrey

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2015, 04:23:45 AM »
Both my TG16 and Duo were from Sears Catalog.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

VenomMacbeth

Where'd you buy your TG?
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2015, 04:53:34 AM »
I bought my Turbo Expresso last year at Save Point.  Probably payed too much for it, as one usually does when buying such things via storefront, but none of the pixels are dead & that sucker is LOUD.

My PCE I bought from a guy here...Douglas, I think. Great guy, but I don't think he's active here very much these days...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:06:07 AM by VenomMacbeth »
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2015, 05:52:18 AM »

I bought my Turbo Expresso last year at Save Point.  Probably payed too much for it, as one usually does when buying such things via storefront, but none of the pixels are dead & that sucker is LOUD.

My PCE I bought from a guy here...Douglas, I think. Great guy, but I don't think he's active here very much these days...

|    | 

MrFulci

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2015, 09:42:55 AM »

There was a Gymkata TG-16 game?!?!?!?!?!   :shock:
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

RTQ

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
I remember figuring out a way to hook my Express up to our cable channels and to the VCR.  Only problem was that you were wired and immobile.