Author Topic: Burning Ys IV English Dubbed to play on my PC Engine DUO  (Read 1242 times)

tbone3969

Burning Ys IV English Dubbed to play on my PC Engine DUO
« on: February 07, 2015, 04:43:33 AM »
I can't seem to burn this game properly.  I am trying to play it on my PC Engine DUO.  It burns with the English text but no voice at all.  The characters mouths move but nothing comes out.  I have downloaded an ISO image from The ISO Zone and I even English dubbed patched the original Jap Ys IV as well.  Still no luck.  I think most people are emulating this on their PCs.  Has anyone successfully burnt and played this English dubbed version on their DUO?  I am using Image burn to burn my discs.  Maybe I need to switch to Nero or Alcohol.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:52:42 AM by tbone3969 »
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

cjameslv

Re: Burning Ys IV English Dubbed to play on my PC Engine DUO
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 05:26:08 AM »
 #-o Didn't you learn from your other thread? http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18456.msg391003#msg391003
Why should we support ebay gougers?

esteban

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 05:30:09 AM »
I can't seem to burn this game properly.  I am trying to play it on my PC Engine DUO.  It burns with the English text but no voice at all.  The characters mouths move but nothing comes out.  I have downloaded an ISO image from The ISO Zone and I even English dubbed patched the original Jap Ys IV as well.  Still no luck.  I think most people are emulating this on their PCs.  Has anyone successfully burnt and played this English dubbed version on their DUO?  I am using Image burn to burn my discs.  Maybe I need to switch to Nero or Alcohol.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

It's simple: suck my left one whilst inserting the CD-ROM up your arse.
  |    | 

Bernie

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 05:35:53 AM »
Are you using the CUE file?  Is it patched properly?  Do you have any of the WAVE audio functioning or just the game audio?

tbone3969

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 06:29:25 AM »
Are you using the CUE file?  Is it patched properly?  Do you have any of the WAVE audio functioning or just the game audio?

I believe it is patched properly.  When I tried the dub patch on the file from The Iso Zone (I did this after multiple failed attempts at burning properly) the program said "image already dubbed".  Also when I patched the Jap Ys IV Iso the program ran and it said "file has been successfully patched" so I believe it has to be that I am burning it wrong.

And Yes I am using the cue file to burn.  When the game starts up there is no ocean sound or music so maybe the wave files aren't playing?  Not sure.  There is sound when you play the game after the initial intro of the ship pulling up and the guy talking (just moving his mouth in my case).
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

tbone3969

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 06:48:14 AM »
#-o Didn't you learn from your other thread? http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18456.msg391003#msg391003
Why should we support ebay gougers?

You just will not let that go.  It's been sitting on eBay for months.  It's not gonna sell.  I just threw it up there to see what kind of offers I would get.  I'm trying to get a feel for what it's worth.  That's all.  The highest offer I have gotten has been $300.  I only paid $30 for it 3 or 4 years ago.

tbone3969

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 06:49:42 AM »

It's simple: suck my left one whilst inserting the CD-ROM up your arse.

LoL...

Good one.

Bernie

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 07:27:46 AM »
Your image is the issue.  Something is wrong with it.  There are two different versions of Ys IV too, so that could also be the issue.  You need to get a nice clean image, that has not been patched, and apply the patch to that.  For whatever reason, yours is not playing redbook audio.  If you have burned before without issue, then it has to be the image source.  I ripped my own game and applied the patch with no issue, and it plays in my Duo. 

tbone3969

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 07:34:02 AM »
Your image is the issue.  Something is wrong with it.  There are two different versions of Ys IV too, so that could also be the issue.  You need to get a nice clean image, that has not been patched, and apply the patch to that.  For whatever reason, yours is not playing redbook audio.  If you have burned before without issue, then it has to be the image source.  I ripped my own game and applied the patch with no issue, and it plays in my Duo.

Thanks Bernie.  You are by far the nicest and most helpful person I have met so far on this forum.  I will keep trying to burn it.  Unfortunately I am out of CD-Rs at this time.  I am waiting for some to arrive via Amazon.  The same offer applies here as to the Mega Man one.  If you could lead me to the proper English Translated and Dubbed file I will send you 5 bucks.  Let me know.  Thanks again.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 08:13:48 AM »
Maybe I need to switch to Nero or Alcohol.
Say no to alcohol. Winners don't use drugs.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

HailingTheThings

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »
First: Its JP, you butt.

Second: Use imgburn.

Third: If you still have trouble, I could point you in the right direction, but only if you first list your sealed Dragon Slayer for under $200 buy it now, as that's it true highest value.

tbone3969

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 10:56:08 AM »
First: Its JP, you butt.

Second: Use imgburn.

Third: If you still have trouble, I could point you in the right direction, but only if you first list your sealed Dragon Slayer for under $200 buy it now, as that's it true highest value.

I will gladly take the listing down if you help me out.  Up to you.  Thanks.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 01:02:33 PM »
Do you own the original Ys IV disc? And not just some downloaded images?

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Gentlegamer

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 02:02:21 PM »
You just will not let that go.  It's been sitting on eBay for months.  It's not gonna sell.  I just threw it up there to see what kind of offers I would get.  I'm trying to get a feel for what it's worth.  That's all.  The highest offer I have gotten has been $300.  I only paid $30 for it 3 or 4 years ago.

You get offers by listing an AUCTION. Start it at $0.99, advertise it at a few communities, and at the end you will find out what it's worth. Like magic.

technozombie

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 02:56:03 PM »

1) " I have downloaded an ISO image from The ISO Zone " Does this mean you downloaded a pre-patched/dub ISO and it still doesn't work?
2) " I even English dubbed patched the original Jap Ys IV" did you use an original or an ISO, if using an ISO did you burn it to disc first?