Author Topic: My very personal thanks Madboom!!!!  (Read 1422 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: My very personal thanks Madboom!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 05:51:39 AM »
That is pretty amazing.

Pays to have connections in our hobby. Not everyone cares about value and some are willing to pass along deals to the next.

Super jealous but it seems these went to someone who respect the games first and not the price tages some associate their collectables to be worth.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 05:53:25 AM »
I'm simply pointing out that you are incorrect.  What about that indicates that I'm mad about anything?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Ninja16608

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 06:12:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm not incorrect. Lets look outside NEC, take Nintendo for instance, they have games that were massively produced and cost buku bux because no one wants to let them go, then on the other hand you have games that are really rare and cost next to nothing, Nintendo has a game out right now and as crappy as it is, it's A+ rare and cost 2 dollars because people do not know it's rare "Nintendogs" or some crap like that. So rarity is in the eye of the beholder i guess. As for me I could care less about rare, cost, etc... I collect, I play, I love my systems and when I do have the chance to get "rare" games I don't pass it up.

If you ask me MC is not as rare as some of the other games out there for the system, or other systems, it's the simple fact that people hoard and create a false rarity. Nintendo is doing that very thing right now with these stupid amiibos, producing "limited runs" of certain models, does that mean they are rare?? nope not at all, does it mean people will charge stupid prices for them?, more than likely. Bottom line the word "rare" or "Limited run" really means nothing anymore other than a price tag to some people. There is nothing that can't be had for a good price with patience and time.

If MC is so rare then why when one goes up on the market they are followed by a bunch more? It's people looking for a price point they think they can get, and when they see one go for tons of money they think it's time to cash in. So all in all, its a created state and a load of BS if you ask me, but thats just my 2 cents.

Ninja16608

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 06:18:51 AM »
That is pretty amazing.

Pays to have connections in our hobby. Not everyone cares about value and some are willing to pass along deals to the next.

Super jealous but it seems these went to someone who respect the games first and not the price tages some associate their collectables to be worth.

Thanks Medic, I really don't care about what it's worth, to be honest it's worthless to me, it's just plastic and some code that anyone can recreate at any time. Not to mention any emulation of the games can be had for free. To me it's about the ability to play official games on real hardware designed to do so, along with the love of what the Turbografx means to me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 08:10:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm not incorrect.

That's cool.  It's hard to trust dictionaries and thesauruses.

Lets look outside NEC, take Nintendo for instance, they have games that were massively produced and cost buku bux because no one wants to let them go, then on the other hand you have games that are really rare and cost next to nothing....

Who said anything about price or value?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Ninja16608

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 08:15:25 AM »
Again it was not about the price, but the term rarity. I was speaking to Medic's post about the ridiculous pricing. Sorry I didn't quote I have more important things to do, like buy glossy duos and get fake games :-) 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 09:31:56 AM »

*very f*cking audible sigh*

....bonk 3.............................................. :(

Medic_wheat

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 11:27:47 AM »

Psst. Ask for that free MC.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 06:22:42 PM »

Psst. Ask for that free MC.

*pets*

If only it were that simple.

mrhaboobi

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »
very nice of madboom. 

But that aside should you ever decide that the plastic and code isnt worth much to you then id very much like to take one or two of the cardboard boxes off your hands :) 

again.. very nice of madboom.. 3 bux each? 
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

geise

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 11:59:58 AM »
So,your friends (who seems to be here on the forums) found them at a garage sale in that condition for chump change. After he bought them he just said "here ya go!"?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:04:34 PM by geise »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 12:09:26 PM »
So,your friends (who seems to be here on the forums) found them at a garage sale in that condition for chump change. After he bought them he just said "here ya go!"?

I am surprised Madboom hasn't said anything.

Like your welcome

Or more of the story.

You know. Something of an acknowledgment.

esteban

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 12:55:39 PM »
This thread.
What?
I don't know.
  |    | 

cjameslv

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »

Like your welcome

Or more of the story.

I doubt madboom wants to comment on this cause it would pretty much prove something he's been trying to disprove since i've noticed him selling on here.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »

Like your welcome

Or more of the story.

I doubt madboom wants to comment on this cause it would pretty much prove something he's been trying to disprove since i've noticed him selling on here.

Ok me your theory. I like the gossip.