Author Topic: Turbo Everdrive 3D Printed Shell - $6 at Sculpteo  (Read 1585 times)

SmokeMonster

Turbo Everdrive 3D Printed Shell - $6 at Sculpteo
« on: February 11, 2015, 08:07:23 AM »
I 3D printed Dogp's Turbo Everdrive shell through Sculpteo for $6 and it turned out well. I've made the design public at Sculpteo here so anyone can order the exact part that I did. Shipping was $3 in the US. US shipping has gone up to $6 now.

The label snaps on exactly and tightly, so it doesn't require any adhesives attach. You print it in different colors, but it brings the price up significantly. Mine is in raw in white plastic:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:19:53 PM by SmokeMonster »

NightWolve

Re: Turbo Everdrive 3D Printed Shell - $6 at Sculpteo
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:13:31 AM »
Thanks, Smoke! This is more in the price range of what I'd be willing to pay for a TurboEverdrive cover!

Gentlegamer

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:17:02 AM »
That's awesome! And white is the color I'd want to match the Duo-R.

SmokeMonster

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:39:42 AM »
That's awesome! And white is the color I'd want to match the Duo-R.
I was originally planning on painting it, but it looks so nice in white that I don't want to spoil it.

Also, I owe a big thanks to sparkychan for the great Turbo Everdrive hookup.

Bernie

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 08:48:48 AM »
I like how the letters are recessed.  You can paint it however you choose.  Looks really nice.  Does it snap on "tightly", or is a loose fit?  I know you say it snaps on tight, but is it really tight, or will it come off easily?

SmokeMonster

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:14:57 AM »
I like how the letters are recessed.  You can paint it however you choose.  Looks really nice.  Does it snap on "tightly", or is a loose fit?  I know you say it snaps on tight, but is it really tight, or will it come off easily?
It's so tight that you have to really pull to get it off. I just picked mine up by the shell and shook the hell out of it to test. It feels like it's glued on there. Dogp did such a great job designing it that from the side it looks like the two were cut together with a lathe.

I just noticed that a few of the pictures are slightly out of focus. The recessed letters and designs are all sharp and defined in person.

cjameslv

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »
Damn! You can make it from a ton of stuff (platsic/resin/metal/glass/etc.. on that site even shiny gold plate for a mere $198 lol but yeah from $6+ and a shit ton of customization is pretty damn cool.

xelement5x

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 09:46:45 AM »
Damn! You can make it from a ton of stuff (platsic/resin/metal/glass/etc.. on that site even shiny gold plate for a mere $198 lol but yeah from $6+ and a shit ton of customization is pretty damn cool.

Gold plated TurboED cover.  It'd be just like owning a copy of Magical Chaise!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Keith Courage

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 01:30:26 PM »
Goo! shipping costs just as much as the actual plastic part. How did you get the shipping to be $3?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:36:09 PM by Keith Courage »

NightWolve

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 01:34:50 PM »
Ah, they're in France. Yeah, $6.50 for shipping with UPS. I think this calls for a group buy! jtucci ??? Anyone ??

Wait, no, there's another office in San Fran. How did you get $3 bucks shipping, Smoke ???
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:40:44 PM by NightWolve »

cjameslv

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 01:38:30 PM »
Goo! shipping costs just as much as the actual plastic part. How did you get the shipping to be $3?

Ya they could just throw it in a bubble envelope and be done. But even at $14 total seems still a good deal!

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 02:02:39 PM »
a very awesome case and it looks well with the duo r!

SmokeMonster

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 02:16:18 PM »

I ordered mine back in November, so they must have raised the shipping cost. That sucks, sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

There is a 10% discount if you fill out their survey though. $0.60...hmm.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:23:25 PM by SmokeMonster »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 02:30:06 PM »
How fuzzy is it? I ask because if it's like most 3D printed white stuff it's going to get really grungy really quickly if you don't paint it.

Dicer

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 03:08:07 PM »
I'd love one done without the recessed text so I can print my own sticker...