Author Topic: Dedicated TurboGrafx Shelf for games  (Read 1414 times)

MrFlutterPie

Re: Dedicated TurboGrafx Shelf for games
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 02:57:31 PM »
This is awesome!!!

Ayce

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 12:37:32 AM »
Freakin' sweet man! That thing looks kick ass! Yea I bulit my own marque for a MAME cabinet a friend and I built a few summers back... way cheaper and much cooler to say you made it yourself. Get yourself a cheap 12v LED strip to use as the light source as those are super easy to tap an in-line switch with... Tell ya what, PM me and I may have a piece of a strip leftover from my built that ill toss you
Thanks, but I already did that ;) The lighting on each of the shelves is the same lighting I used for the marquee.

I like it. Can you take a pic of the lights off in the room and the shelf lit?  I want to see what it looks like in the dark.
I tried to take a picture the other night, but it did not turn out well because of the sharp lighting. I'll try again when I get a chance. I'm headed out of town for business this morning so it will have to wait till I get back home.

NightWolve

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2015, 12:54:31 AM »

Comrade, do you know the source of these images? I have never seen any catalogs/brochures that NEC sent directly to retailers...this is the sort of thing one would find in retailer brochures...

DAMN.

Sparky owns that I recall and that's his photobucket account. Ask 'im.

esteban

Dedicated TurboGrafx Shelf for games
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 02:39:58 AM »

Comrade, do you know the source of these images? I have never seen any catalogs/brochures that NEC sent directly to retailers...this is the sort of thing one would find in retailer brochures...

DAMN.

Sparky owns that I recall and that's his photobucket account. Ask 'im.

Yes, I'll ask him :) , but I actually want the catalog/flyers that NEC provided to retailers. I don't think I have ever seen one.
  |    | 

Duo_R

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 02:59:37 AM »
This is great!
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

captain_n77

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 03:46:47 AM »
Gorgeous! That really looks amazing. It won't hurt my feeling if you show pics of the whole game room...  8)
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

NightWolve

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 03:56:54 AM »
This was part of his game room I guess. Somewhere there's a thread where sparky talked about how he got this I recall.

SuperPlay

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 04:01:51 AM »
Great work, looking good :-)

CAPSLOCK

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2015, 12:40:52 AM »
That's a beautiful shelf, really nice work!

esteban

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2015, 01:25:51 AM »

Anyway here it is side-by-side with the mock-up.

I still love it.

|    | 

TurboGrafx

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »
This thread makes me jealous!   :-({|=

xelement5x

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 03:13:08 AM »
Very cool looking!  Do you have kids though?  If I had that out I'm pretty sure my daughter would destroy whatever she could reach on the bottom.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

GoldenWheels

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 10:11:38 AM »
Man, very nice work--what kind of lights are in it?

I use LED strip lights for projects but they have their limitations. Mostly because my own electrician work has severe limitations. Like, I can plug stuff in, and stuff.

poponon

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 01:23:59 PM »

I use LED strip lights for projects but they have their limitations. Mostly because my own electrician work has severe limitations. Like, I can plug stuff in, and stuff.

Kinda OT but try this for setting up LEDs man. http://ledcalc.com/

Ayce

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2015, 01:06:55 AM »
Very cool looking!  Do you have kids though?  If I had that out I'm pretty sure my daughter would destroy whatever she could reach on the bottom.

I do have a daughter but she is 10 years old and has been good with handling CDs and DVDs since she was about 3 years old. I taught her how to properly hold them because I get annoyed at discs sitting out of their case and finger prints all over them. So... yeah it's no problem.

These >>------<> http://www.amazon.com/Triangle-Bulbs-White-Waterproof-Flexible/dp/B005EHHLD8
I'm no electrician and even I figured this out. I'm a tinkerer when it comes to electronics and usually can figure things out rather easily. They have little solder points to daisy chain them together and then I hooked them up to this ... http://www.amazon.com/Pairs-Female-Power-Adaptor-Connector/dp/B00Q1VPFC0/ref=sr_1_12?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1424873110&sr=1-12&keywords=ac+adaptor+female+plug ... The female ones that is and hooked up a 12v power supply.

I'm going to pick up a rocker switch and splice it in the wire to finish it off.