Author Topic: Does your wife/husband/spouse OBEY?  (Read 1093 times)

esteban

Re: Does your wife/husband/spouse OBEY?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 05:55:17 AM »

My wife only obeys with cratermaze and few other titles. She's mostly into puzzle type games and a few shmups. My daughter is into cutemups so she plays a few obey games as well. My boys sad to say do not obey. If it's not some derivative of an HD 1st person shooter, they are not interested lol.

My daughter OBEYS and she loves all sorts of games.

She loves video games in general.

No one will believe me, but I did NOT encourage her to play.

I was happy she was naturally interested in video games, though. :)
  |    | 

csgx1

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 06:07:26 AM »
My wife is probably the worst when it comes to video games.  She doesn't play video games at all and she even gets mad when she see me playing.  She feels that video games are a waste of time and rot the brain.

Also, she thinks having games in the house is an eyesore.  She confined my game shelf to a corner of the house and had me put a curtain over the front so they are not in plain sight.

She's anti-Obey, but definitely makes it up in other ways.

jtucci31

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 06:58:52 AM »
If Bomberman with 5 or more people counts, then yes! I've somehow managed to get my friends interested in Bomberman despite their obsession with Smash Bros. So thankfully my girlfriend also liked Bomberman.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 09:45:54 AM »
My wife is probably the worst when it comes to video games.  She doesn't play video games at all and she even gets mad when she see me playing.  She feels that video games are a waste of time and rot the brain.

Also, she thinks having games in the house is an eyesore.  She confined my game shelf to a corner of the house and had me put a curtain over the front so they are not in plain sight.

She's anti-Obey, but definitely makes it up in other ways.

My wife only has one arm and she grew up playing the original NES.

Although she feels having games and various game systems is an eye sore. Even though I work very hard to keep things looking clean organized and presented in interesting ways so as not to look like a junk heap.

Sigh. When we buy a house and God willing I get my own little man cave she will be less annoyed as she won't have to see it. So long as I keep it contained in one spot and not have it spill into othe rooms or a storage unit.

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 05:41:27 PM »
removed
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:06:35 PM by o.pwuaioc »

xelement5x

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 03:47:42 AM »
My wife doesn't really play that much older stuff anymore, but she grew up with SNES and such so she has an appreciation for the older games. 

She still plays the 3DS and PSP a lot, and we'll normally play through RPGs together.  Right now we're doing Wind Waker HD which looks pretty amazing.  That said, there have been discussions about me reducing the size of my collection if we want to have a second kid which makes me go oh noes!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

synbiosfan

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 03:56:04 AM »
My wife doesn't really play that much older stuff anymore, but she grew up with SNES and such so she has an appreciation for the older games. 

She still plays the 3DS and PSP a lot, and we'll normally play through RPGs together.  Right now we're doing Wind Waker HD which looks pretty amazing.  That said, there have been discussions about me reducing the size of my collection if we want to have a second kid which makes me go oh noes!

I'm sorry to hear you'll be downsizing your collection :wink:

That's a battle you're destined to lose. The wifey holds the trump card so if you want her to ever touch your deck again...

xelement5x

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 04:04:29 AM »

That's a battle you're destined to lose. The wifey holds the trump card so if you want her to ever touch your deck again...

Lol, the other solution is possibly changing homes.  We're less than enamored with our current school district anyway so that is a possibility.  If it is just space issues I WILL find a way to make it work. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 07:56:40 AM »
No wife here, but if I did she'd have to OBEY a little bit, even if it's just to humor me.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 07:59:33 AM »

Lol, the other solution is possibly changing homes.  We're less than enamored with our current school district anyway so that is a possibility.  If it is just space issues I WILL find a way to make it work.
I can hold on to your Turbo collection if you want. :)

poponon

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 09:09:43 AM »
Me and gf of 5 years game a shit load. Met in the first year of uni doing mushrooms and playing donkey kong country. No OBEYing atm , we're playing deathsmiles on the 360. I think the last game we beat before that was xandra/whirlo ... such an unappreciated game.

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 02:47:02 PM »
Me and gf of 5 years game a shit load. Met in the first year of uni doing mushrooms and playing donkey kong country. No OBEYing atm , we're playing deathsmiles on the 360. I think the last game we beat before that was xandra/whirlo ... such an unappreciated game.
OBEY or GTFO

poponon

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 02:50:23 PM »

OBEY or GTFO

will be soon, I think we're gonna try ane-san
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 03:07:24 PM by poponon »

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »
will be soon, I think we're gonna try ane-san
Let me know how it is. I actually haven't played that yet. My wife isn't the biggest fan of beatemups. I could use something to entice her into the genre.

poponon

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »

Let me know how it is. I actually haven't played that yet. My wife isn't the biggest fan of beatemups. I could use something to entice her into the genre.

I got my gf into beat em ups with streets of rage