Author Topic: TurboGrafx-16 #TileArt for Windows Phone - Soldier Blade  (Read 514 times)

Pcenginefx

TurboGrafx-16 #TileArt for Windows Phone - Soldier Blade
« on: February 20, 2015, 07:20:22 PM »
As I was waiting for my latest revision of the HuCard case to finish printing, I decided to take on a quick project - #TileArt for Windows Phone:

Made a custom lock screen featuring the artwork and title treatment from the game intro in front of the stars from lvl 1.

Upon unlocking the phone, you see select sprites from the game in front of a parallax scrolling background as you swipe up - check out my video to see it in action:

Here are the rest of the photos:

To see some REALLY cool #TileArt, check out this video from the guy who created the app:
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
Re: TurboGrafx-16 #TileArt for Windows Phone - Soldier Blade
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 09:27:52 PM »
That's why I love Windows Phone so much! I haven't digged into Tileart that much, but I'll take a deeper look into it tonight. Thank you!

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

esteban

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 10:07:03 PM »
Absolutely gorgeous! :)
  |    | 

geise

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 01:13:42 AM »
Absolutely gorgeous! :)
Absolutely!

That is awesome as all hell.  Thank you for sharing!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 07:05:50 AM »
Good job! And it's right at home on Windows Phone. Just like the TurboGrafx-16, Windows Phone is pretty much completely ignored by the general populace while the big two fight it out.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 03:08:24 AM »
Pretty neato.  It kinda makes me wish I had a Windows phone.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SmokeMonster

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 05:17:02 AM »
Wow, that looks fantastic.

pdiggitydogg

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 09:02:32 PM »
Pretty neato.  It kinda makes me wish I had a Windows phone.
Same. I've been considering it for awhile; leaving android... I just love puzzles and dragons so much and for ease of throwing video on my chromecasts. Sad I keep this os for just that anymore.

jtucci31

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 02:10:15 AM »
Damn, i had a windows phone before all this cool customization was made possible. I did, in fact, like it back then. I just cracked the screen, negating its use for me. This is definitely cool looking. Well done!

I'm slightly surprised that Windows phones are still around. But the thing is, everyone i know/knew who had one said they did like it. I know it seems to have a pretty dedicated fanbase, if I'm not mistaken. I guess, like mentioned earlier, people only want to look at the Apple/Android side of things (...myself included).

NightWolve

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 02:18:20 AM »
Good job! And it's right at home on Windows Phone. Just like the TurboGrafx-16, Windows Phone is pretty much completely ignored by the general populace while the big two fight it out.

HAHAHA! Well, Aaron did work for Microsoft so loyal to the very end! ;)

Pretty cool work Aaron... So, is there an equivalent app for my Android KitKat phone to make use of your snapshots ?? :P

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 03:59:27 AM »
Where's the download link for your tile art? I'd like to use it with my Lumia.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Pcenginefx

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 01:38:34 PM »
Where's the download link for your tile art? I'd like to use it with my Lumia.

Put it on my OneDrive for yah: http://1drv.ms/17Vyn2P

HAHAHA! Well, Aaron did work for Microsoft so loyal to the very end! ;)

Pretty cool work Aaron... So, is there an equivalent app for my Android KitKat phone to make use of your snapshots ?? :P

I still work for MS :)  I used to work on Xbox 360/One accessories (controllers, headsets, remotes) but was moved off of that to work on the Microsoft Band which we released last Nov.

Feel free to download my source files (link above).....not sure if there is anything on Android that can replicate the TileArt look....
//Aaron

NightWolve

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »
I still work for MS :)  I used to work on Xbox 360/One accessories (controllers, headsets, remotes) but was moved off of that to work on the Microsoft Band which we released last Nov.

Ah, that explains a lot! :)

wildfruit

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 02:27:06 PM »
Wow this is beautiful. I just hooked it up to my Lumia 520. Makes me wish I had a bigger screen. Windows phone 8.1 is so smooth I would seriously recommend it to anyone. Hopefully one day the app store will catch up to apple/google and then it could truly dominate.
One thing i do notice doing this tile art is the lack of transparent tiles on some major apps like ebay, audible, twitter. Bit of a downer.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:31:45 PM by wildfruit »

Pcenginefx

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »
Wow this is beautiful. I just hooked it up to my Lumia 520. Makes me wish I had a bigger screen. Windows phone 8.1 is so smooth I would seriously recommend it to anyone. Hopefully one day the app store will catch up to apple/google and then it could truly dominate.
One thing i do notice doing this tile art is the lack of transparent tiles on some major apps like ebay, audible, twitter. Bit of a downer.

Glad you enjoyed it!  Yeah, not all 3rd party apps have transparent tiles but at least you have the total freedom to pick and choose where you want the artwork to go as well as tile size and location.
//Aaron