Author Topic: Dynastic Hero... How many copies exist?  (Read 798 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Dynastic Hero... How many copies exist?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2006, 01:10:08 PM »
Quote from: "T2KFreeker"
I wish that I could tell you, but even though I am a huge fan of the Turbo, I have physically never seen a copy of this game, and I used to work at Game Dude, so that's how rare it is, I never saw one come into the store and we had a ton of NEC games.

What the hell, you used to work at Game Dude?  When, ....do I know you?  I used to go there allllll the time, got to know a few of the people there, I think the only guy I know there now, is a skinny guy named Pat.  Anyways, I've actually seen a copy or 2 of Dynastic Hero there :D   I've seen plenty of rare games there.  Infact, I bought Ys 4 & Sidearms Special there for $12 each when Ys 4 was fetching upwards of $200 on ebay, & I think Sidearms was around $70 or so(I already had the games, so I bought them for my cousin, the ungrateful lil' bastard).  They used to have a heap of PCE games come in every so often.........not anymore.  Hardly anything there now!

Anyways, I bought the game when it came out, ordered it at .....uh....Game something in Thousand Oaks, can't remember the name right now, there's still one in Simi Valley.  Anyways, I got it there, although I think I remember seeing a copy at Babbage's.  So, how many does that count so far :lol:

Black Tiger

Re: Dynastic Hero... How many copies exist?
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 06:49:48 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"
Quote from: "cavein2000"
So this game has a rarity of 9 on DP.  2 are on ebay right now, at the 200+ mark.  How many of these are out there?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought only 5,666 copies of Dynastic Hero were made?

Thats just how many were shipped to retail.

The rest were sent out to the few magazines that actually still reviewed Turbo games, used as demos at trade shows and of course they had to keep one on hand over at the Turbo Tip Hotline.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 06:21:50 AM »
So this game has a rarity of 9 on DP.  2 are on ebay right now, at the 200+ mark.  How many of these are out there?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought only 5,666 copies of Dynastic Hero were made?

Thats just how many were shipped to retail.

The rest were sent out to the few magazines that actually still reviewed Turbo games, used as demos at trade shows and of course they had to keep one on hand over at the Turbo Tip Hotline.
Oh, sorry Black_Tiger, I was just being silly -- the whole "666" and all :).

I actually had no clue about the actual pressings until you shared them with us :). I must admit, now that I know only 5K+ were made, I'm pretty darn upset :(

Do you know the press runs for any other Turbo games? I couldn't even guess...
  |    | 

cavein2000

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 06:52:08 AM »
yes, is there a resource for finding out how many of any given game or turbo games were produced?  If so, please direct me to it :)
What a horrible night to have a curse...

FM-77

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 07:10:13 AM »
I must admit, now that I know only 5K+ were made, I'm pretty darn upset :(

Why? That'll keep people away from this horrible game.  :wink:

Sorry, just had to do it.  :P

esteban

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 08:24:58 AM »
Quote from: "Seldane"
I must admit, now that I know only 5K+ were made, I'm pretty darn upset :(

Why? That'll keep people away from this horrible game.  :wink:

Sorry, just had to do it.  :P
hahhahahahahahaa. :)
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
yes, is there a resource for finding out how many of any given game or turbo games were produced?  If so, please direct me to it :)

I don't think we'll ever be able to get reasonably accurate figures on Turbo games. The closest we'll come is when people invloved in Turbo development from back in the day do interviews and give rough numbers on games in general.

We could probably track down more accurate numbers on Working Designs games, from Victor Ireland interviews or contacting him directly or something.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

cavein2000

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 12:30:34 PM »
true - Is Vic Ireland on ebay??  I talked to a guy - gamegenie/gamesgenie and they claim so.  Can anyone verify this?
What a horrible night to have a curse...

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 08:10:28 PM »
The only thing I know about Vic right now, is that he's behind Gaijinworks.  And that's it.  Sounds like he's still in the business, so, I expect to see more games from him soon.  By chance, does this person say he's from northern California, like Redding or something(can't remember where WD was, I think it was Redding).

esteban

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 12:50:13 AM »
EmeraldRocker can verify this, but Victor once put his PC Engine collection on ebay for $20,000 (or more?). It was massive! But he removed it after a day or three. No bids. This was.... 3+ years ago?

So, yes, it seems that Victor has been on ebay, but I don't know how frequently.
  |    | 

hoserman

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 11:43:58 AM »
I usually lurk on this site, the DUO is my favorite system of all time I thought this was the time to make my first post. I was not aware that my copy of Dynastic Hero was worth upwards to the 500 dollar range, and when I metioned it to my wife, she said "SELL IT NOW". I have'nt played it in years, but I feel I should hold on to it. I wonder, if I hold onto it will it go up in price, or will it somehow get a miracle reprint and go down in price when the WII comes around. I keep staring at it now and wondering...

malducci

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 11:57:37 AM »
The price could go back down. I remember when Dracula X was going for $400+ and now it's in the $100-150 range(roughly), but then again DH(US) is much more rare than DX.

merriman_bk

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 03:24:05 PM »
NOOOO it's not worth it man, get down from the ledge, everything will be OK.

----------------------------------------------
Sold to: 2X4, carbon tiger, chop5, grahf, gundarN, hizaygizirlz, Joe Redifer, Keranu, MrFulci, nat, runinruder, shubibiman, steve666, T2KFreeker, vestcoat
ebay id: merriman_bk --> 100% positive

guyjin

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 04:13:47 PM »
GAH page widening! :shock:
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin