Author Topic: Games that should have been released on the Turbo  (Read 1446 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: Games that should have been released on the Turbo
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 09:27:14 AM »
A proper remake/sequel to The Guardian Legend. Enough said.

thisIsLoneWolf

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 10:33:59 AM »
I love some of the answers that have already been given.
TMNT, an original Contra game, and TGL, would all be great additions to the library.

sirhcman

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 02:44:01 PM »
E Swat and Wrestle War would have been good additions to the turbob

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 02:54:09 PM »
Same answer each time this topic gets posted: Black Tiger.

Besides being one of the best games ever made and by far the greatest arcade game we'll ever see, a PCE SCD port could be identical, other than the shades of the colors.

Bucky O'Hare because reasons. efffffffffffffffffffff

Disagree.

Konami ports on the SNES were some of their best.  This should have been on the SNES with Sunset Riders and TMNT 4. 

SNES games are not all exclusives (see the examples you gave).

Which Konami 4-player arcade beat-em-up ports for the PC Engine lead you to believe that the PCE wouldn't do a better job than SNES?

I'm not sure by what you are saying about exclusives?  Unless you are saying Bucky O'Hare could (should?) be released on different systems?  In that case the more the merrier.

It's easy to say X game should have been on Y system now a days in the age of collecting with the internet and ebay.  One of the biggest reasons I would prefer Bucky on the SNES is that I could have played it as a kid.  I never saw a Turbo CD or Duo until I started collecting.  As a kid only Radio Shack carried Turbo.  So even with the ability to track games down now as an adult I could still end up screwed where a Turbo CD version could be jacked up to $500+ and be unattainable.  Most high end SNES rares are still obtainable.   

So yes I bet the Turbo could have a done a good job (Although I admit I can't think of too many popular 4 player Konami  arcade beat em up games were even released for the PCE)  However, having it on the SNES would have allowed me to enjoy it as a kid and now.

But then  again we all obey here so for the most part the answer will always be OBEY. 

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 03:47:58 PM »
Strider SGX and Final Fight. Oh, and Mortal Kombat too, since they almost had an exclusive deal to release it for the Turbo. Just to see how it would've stacked up against the SNES and Genesis.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »
Black Tiger
Trojan
Mortal Kombat(this could have happend)
Gunsmoke(avenue pad 3 baby)

i agree with mortal kombat. that would have been cool for the pcengine. i thought pacman, streets of rage, and maybe hang on would have been good since they had a few sega game for pc engine

wildfruit

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 06:34:20 PM »
In no particular order
1)micro machines
2) a fantastic dizzy game
3) some more lucasarts point & click
4) a decent isometric puzzler

HailingTheThings

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 07:24:32 PM »
Same answer each time this topic gets posted: Black Tiger.

Besides being one of the best games ever made and by far the greatest arcade game we'll ever see, a PCE SCD port could be identical, other than the shades of the colors.

Bucky O'Hare because reasons. efffffffffffffffffffff

Disagree.

Konami ports on the SNES were some of their best.  This should have been on the SNES with Sunset Riders and TMNT 4. 

SNES games are not all exclusives (see the examples you gave).

Which Konami 4-player arcade beat-em-up ports for the PC Engine lead you to believe that the PCE wouldn't do a better job than SNES?

I'm not sure by what you are saying about exclusives?  Unless you are saying Bucky O'Hare could (should?) be released on different systems?  In that case the more the merrier.

It's easy to say X game should have been on Y system now a days in the age of collecting with the internet and ebay.  One of the biggest reasons I would prefer Bucky on the SNES is that I could have played it as a kid.  I never saw a Turbo CD or Duo until I started collecting.  As a kid only Radio Shack carried Turbo.  So even with the ability to track games down now as an adult I could still end up screwed where a Turbo CD version could be jacked up to $500+ and be unattainable.  Most high end SNES rares are still obtainable.   

So yes I bet the Turbo could have a done a good job (Although I admit I can't think of too many popular 4 player Konami  arcade beat em up games were even released for the PCE)  However, having it on the SNES would have allowed me to enjoy it as a kid and now.

But then  again we all obey here so for the most part the answer will always be OBEY.

Sunset Riders was also on the Genesis is what he meant?

I have a feeling that the "NES" Bucky would've been dope on the PCE. Also that the "Arcade" Bucky would be adorable on the Super CD or maybe Arcade CD.

I know that the Arcade game would've been alright on the SNES as well, but I would really like to see it with the voices intact as well as the music, maybe even arranged for maximum erection power.

pew pew

esteban

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2015, 12:37:38 AM »

In no particular order
1)micro machines
2) a fantastic dizzy game
3) some more lucasarts point & click
4) a decent isometric puzzler

Micro machines Racing would have been fantastic 

THE ONLY FIVE PLAYER MICROMACHINES.
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2015, 02:37:52 AM »
One of the biggest reasons I would prefer Bucky on the SNES is that I could have played it as a kid.  I never saw a Turbo CD or Duo until I started collecting.  As a kid only Radio Shack carried Turbo.  So even with the ability to track games down now as an adult I could still end up screwed where a Turbo CD version could be jacked up to $500+ and be unattainable.  Most high end SNES rares are still obtainable.   

So because you didn't have a Duo as a kid and because some of its games are expensive now, you're arguing that no games should be on the Turbob?  Brilliant.  :roll:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2015, 03:10:32 AM »
I am so confused.
  |    | 

wildfruit

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 05:01:44 AM »
I am so confused.
Just think of the micro machines

seieienbu

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 05:03:46 AM »
Gradius 3.  There's a game that was screaming for a Super CD port.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 06:05:31 AM »
I better 3rd Party support would have been great.  A lot more Capcom, Konami, SunSoft, the Like.  Oh yeah and a PROPER Batman game.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 06:43:32 AM »
WE GOT A PROPER BATMAN GAME, DICKHEAD.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.