Author Topic: Games that should have been released on the Turbo  (Read 1444 times)

wyndcrosser

Re: Games that should have been released on the Turbo
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 07:14:27 AM »
I'm surprised at how much I like that Batman game. It's a gem dude.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 07:17:50 AM »
WE GOT A PROPER BATMAN GAME, DICKHEAD.

Right, it's just as good as the NES versions or the SNES versions.  Batman as a Maze game trumps all of that. 

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

seieienbu

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 08:12:19 AM »
I absolutely love this track from Batman, way better than the NES version:

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 08:40:33 AM »
Music is fine, so is the game in fact.  It's just not a proper Batman game.  It's a maze game, you coI'll plug in any character. 

I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

wyndcrosser

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 10:14:37 AM »
I would have liked to have seen more platformers or even renn blaster or conan released. I mean they could have easily changed the characters if there was an issue with brand recognition, like Keith Courage.

Keith is a great game, but does anyone know why they chose "Keith". It just reminds me of this Family Guy episode.

Black Tiger

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »
Music is fine, so is the game in fact.  It's just not a proper Batman game.  It's a maze game, you coI'll plug in any character. 

Same with all games using a Batman license, which is why there is no such thing as a "proper Batman game".

Unless you were thinking about a lengthy digicomic that explores Bruce Wayne's decent into madness as he wrestles with with personal demons from early childhood and the parodox of leading a criminal lifestyle in the name of justice, telling yourself that the you are on the right side of an imaginary line while those you beat the crap out of nightly are not, slowly aging until you reach his retirement/death.

Or did you just want another cookie cutter beat-'em-up or platformer with a Batman license slapped on top.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
Real Batman games:

Tee-hee.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 11:32:09 AM »
I stand by my original statement.  These are proper batman games.

NES

Sega

SNES

So you will skip all of these and play a Maze game instead?

OK.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:33:43 AM by EvilEvoIX »

wildfruit

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 12:55:40 PM »
I like maze games. You ever tried monster max? it's awesome. To the max.
Yea monster max would be good. It has an rocking soundtrack that would have been great in redbook.
Better than batman returns for snesss anyway.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:57:33 PM by wildfruit »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2015, 08:07:38 PM »
Also, all the Falcom goodies that the PCE got should've been brought over (not that they would've been money makers - I'm just greedy), and I want Ys V too.

Ditto!

Rare games like Cobra Triangle, Snake Rattle & Roll, Battletoads, RC Pro Am.  TMNT, a port of the NES Contra with Arcade gfx, (same goes for Trojan, Legendary Wings, Jackal, Bionic Commando), the unreleased Batman, more Sunsoft games in general.

wildfruit

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2015, 02:30:10 AM »
Also, all the Falcom goodies that the PCE got should've been brought over (not that they would've been money makers - I'm just greedy), and I want Ys V too.

Ditto!

Rare games like Cobra Triangle, Snake Rattle & Roll, Battletoads, RC Pro Am.  TMNT, a port of the NES Contra with Arcade gfx, (same goes for Trojan, Legendary Wings, Jackal, Bionic Commando), the unreleased Batman, more Sunsoft games in general.
Now you mention RARE Solar Jetman comes to mind. That could have been great with the better colour palette of PCE.

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2015, 12:58:08 PM »
I can't help but wonder if the PCE Batman was originally a different game that was transformed into a Batman game to get it quickly while the license was hot. Just because it's such a departure from all the platform based Batman games. Then again, maybe Sunsoft was just trying something different.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2015, 01:52:39 PM »
I can't help but wonder if the PCE Batman was originally a different game that was transformed into a Batman game to get it quickly while the license was hot. Just because it's such a departure from all the platform based Batman games.

Bingo.

esteban

Games that should have been released on the Turbo
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2015, 02:40:16 PM »
I can't help but wonder if the PCE Batman was originally a different game that was transformed into a Batman game to get it quickly while the license was hot. Just because it's such a departure from all the platform based Batman games. Then again, maybe Sunsoft was just trying something different.

Chris Covell has scanned images from magazines that show an awesome Batman game for PCE...

Gotta find the link...

http://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/PCE_1989Q3.html#batman

Look at that. DAMN.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:48:43 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

esteban

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »
I updated it before you posted the correction, I think.

My phone doesn't have timestamps, but computer will!

Was I right?

I think I beat your post. Ha!
  |    |