Author Topic: TurboDuo/PCE Duo disc laying too low?  (Read 206 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

TurboDuo/PCE Duo disc laying too low?
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:58:08 PM »
I have a PCE Duo here, the cd drive motor seems to have a issue where the spindle is laying too low. Disc would grind against the shield around the laser if I tried to use any. Can the height be adjusted? I know you can do it on other's like the Saturn and X'eye, but this one seems different somewhat in how its constructed. Any tips?

EDIT: NM, got it off. Just need to adjust it now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:02:26 PM by ProfessorProfessorson »

Keith Courage

Re: TurboDuo/PCE Duo disc laying too low?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 10:46:36 PM »
yes, this is very common that the spindle gets pushed down on accident at times.

be very careful when trying to raise the spindle. It can get bent very easily and then you have to try to re_bend it to get it to not wobble again.

the best way to raise the spindle is to use a small pair of needle
nose pliers and simply pride down on the top of the motor which  in turn will push up on the center of the spindle. it may take you 3 to 5 times to get it correct. the majority of the time the spindle will shoot up way too high and then when you try to push it back down it will go too low again. just be patient and careful and you will get it.

the center of the motor rod should be flush with the center of the plastic spindle.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:50:23 PM by Keith Courage »

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: TurboDuo/PCE Duo disc laying too low?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 04:46:21 AM »
Yeah after I got it off I tapped it back down to the proper height by placing one end of a permanent marker in the center of the spindle and tapping the other then with a little force with a screwdriver. Just gentle taps till I got it back into place. I was having an issue raising the spindle at first, so I was concerned that maybe it was glued into place or something and the rod itself had been shoved in somehow.