Author Topic: Pics needed of original potentometer settings on PCE Duo EDIT: NM FIXED!  (Read 184 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Duo here I got off Herc had been serviced prior by TheSteve, tant caps, potentiometer adjustment possibly, etc. I got the earphone jack working again, spindle raised to the proper level, and the system modded for svideo out. Issue is that the thing will read newer disc, with a kinda noisy laser, but is getting tripped up on an original, Valis 4. It cant load the disc at all.

The pot on the laser itself was never adjusted it seems, still has the waxy seal in place. This is leading me to believe the potentiometers on the board were possibly adjusted instead. I need clear large pics of the original settings though as a comparison to make sure before I go screwing with the pot on the laser itself. This way I can roll back to original settings if need be and just adjust the laser itself from there.

Anyone have any pics they can share? I want to try and get the issue resolved in the next couple of days so I can do some gaming. :)

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:37:53 AM by ProfessorProfessorson »

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: Pics needed of original potentometer settings on PCE Duo
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 06:37:11 AM »
System fixed. Found decent res pics of the pots on someones Duo in stock position, and set mine to those, opting to ignore the black marks made prior. After that Valis started to load, so I marked those settings off with dabs of red paint. After sacrificing a Super Nintendo to the OBEY God, may he rule forever....

I then followed up with very minor tweaks to the pcb pots and the laser's pot until noise and chirping was eliminated, then followed up with more extremely minor adjustments to 101 until I could do multiple successful playbacks of every music track and story scene (with the audio being in sync with the scenes), and load every stage, all with no delays or misreads.

Did a full game run also from start to finish with no issue and no noisy whine from the laser. Also ran through Shubibinman 3 and did a fast forward through disc one of my SW: ROTJ soundtrack and got no jitter or skipping, so all seems well now. Posting pics of the pots for the f*ck of it, in case they may help anyone down the line.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:11:59 AM by ProfessorProfessorson »