Author Topic: TurboGrafx Fest 2007?  (Read 2117 times)

Bonknuts

Re: TurboGrafx Fest 2007?
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2006, 01:32:19 PM »
Minnesota? Sounds cold...

How many people are going to this? I'd go if it were a huge convention. A room full of 15 people wouldn't be very exciting. Isn't 2007 the PCE 20th anniversary? Are there other PCE conventions happening in '07?

~

KingDrool

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2006, 02:27:06 PM »
This is part of the Midwest Gaming Classic.  Last year there were thousands of people there.  Don't worry about being lonely.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Keranu

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2006, 03:12:48 PM »
Yeah the Midwest Gaming Classic was HUGE last year. However I can't say how many people will be gathering around the Turbo Fest section, but it will still be fun regardless.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ryosnk

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2006, 03:31:45 AM »
Anyone from Chicago going?  I never been to the midwest event so this would be a good chance to go to it.

Keranu

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2006, 10:42:11 AM »
Anyone from Chicago going?  I never been to the midwest event so this would be a good chance to go to it.
I'm from the South Chicago subburb called "Crete" :) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

KingDrool

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2006, 11:00:11 AM »
I know a few people from the Chicago area who went last year and are planning on going again next year.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

torgo

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2006, 01:30:22 PM »
I'll be there. I'm already planning on spending more time than last year.
PS Nation

Kakizaki

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2006, 11:19:19 AM »
Kakizaki and runinruder, where do you guys live in Minnesota?

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I live to the northeast of Mankato -- about 45 minutes from the metro area. This time last year, I was working in Burnsville. How about you?

As for the remark about it being cold, it has been a pretty mild, for us anyway, this fall so far. Blah. I like it white for Christmas, not brown and dreary.

*edit -- Sorry, just saw on your profile, you listed Minneapolis.

runinruder

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2006, 11:28:21 AM »
I'm in Roseville. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

ryosnk

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2006, 08:16:51 AM »
I'm from the South Chicago subburb called "Crete" :) .

What suburb is that?

KingDrool

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2006, 12:02:01 PM »
Holy crap there are a lot of fellow Minnesotans on these forums!  I had no idea.  Remind me to let you guys know the next time Team Fremont is having an event.  We're doing this one in Madison, but maybe we'll do another one in Minneapolis sometime.

Got one to sell? PM me!

vestcoat

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2006, 08:56:08 PM »
Kakizaki and runinruder, where do you guys live in Minnesota?

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I live to the northeast of Mankato -- about 45 minutes from the metro area. This time last year, I was working in Burnsville. How about you?

As for the remark about it being cold, it has been a pretty mild, for us anyway, this fall so far. Blah. I like it white for Christmas, not brown and dreary.

*edit -- Sorry, just saw on your profile, you listed Minneapolis.

Yep, I live in NE Minneapolis these days.  I grew up in Northfield and was a frequent Mankato visitor because my grandparents lived down there.  There wasn't a business in Northfield that stocked anything remotely related to the Turbo so I had to buy my TG16 at the ToysR'Us in Burnsville.  I later picked up my first Duo at the late-great Games To Go in Richfield in 97.

jlued686, runinruder, and Kakizaki:
it's cool to know you guys are out there.  Keep me in mind if you're ever looking to sell or trade any duplicate games or extra gear (I have some odds and ends too, PM me).  I also might be down for carpooling to Turbofest.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 08:58:44 PM by vestcoat »

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2006, 11:47:30 AM »

early sample of the logo.

TurboSage

If anyone else has some photo/image experience, feel free to give it a shot.
lol

PS: We could actually have a little friendly competition to see who can make the best TF'07 poster!..

Kakizaki

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2006, 02:01:58 PM »
I later picked up my first Duo at the late-great Games To Go in Richfield in 97.

LOL! I bet it was the same Duo I had looked at a few times and wished I had the cash to buy! I sometimes liked those guys, and sometimes despised them.  They could be kind of full of themselves at times.  I bought a few 'new' Saturn titles from them. It was pretty clear that they had been resealed as there were finger prints on the games. Nonetheless, I was sad to see them close. That entire area has been demolished and rebuilt. I thought the larger fellow that was always there started his own store called Raven Games. I never visited it as I didn't know where it was.  Sad to see that Wolfgames no longer replenishes his stock either.

KingDrool

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »
I know this is totally off topic, but are there any stores in the Twin Cities besides Cedar Cliff and Toy Riffic that sell Turbo games?

Got one to sell? PM me!