Author Topic: TurboGrafx Fest 2007?  (Read 2114 times)

Kakizaki

Re: TurboGrafx Fest 2007?
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2006, 04:28:08 PM »
 :shock: Jeez, I didn't know there were any. I don't suppose I could talk one of you fellows into PMing me or posting the address to these shops? Or if they have a website? I have some time off over the holidays and wouldn't mind checking these stores out.

runinruder

« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2006, 04:55:57 PM »
I don't have the exact address on hand, but there's a Toy Riffic in Maplewood that sells Turbo games.  Unfortunately, their selection is rather small.  I believe they had Keith Courage, Victory Run, Riot Zone, Ninja Spirit, and maybe one or two others the last time I went there (two or three months ago).  They also had a TurboExpress. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

KingDrool

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2006, 04:17:55 PM »
:shock: Jeez, I didn't know there were any. I don't suppose I could talk one of you fellows into PMing me or posting the address to these shops? Or if they have a website? I have some time off over the holidays and wouldn't mind checking these stores out.

Check out www.cedarcliffcollectibles.com

And, as mentioned, Toy Riffic is in Maplewood and Hudson, though the Hudson store doesn't have Turbo games. 
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2007, 11:02:45 AM »
I just exchanged a few emails with Dan Loosen(The guy that is running MGC) and he is curious about what we all have planned.  heres some of the emails-

> Dan Loosen <loosen@goatstore.com> wrote: Hey Josh,
>
> I know it has been a while, but now that we're getting closer, are
you
> still interested in doing this?(Turbo Fest?)  If so, we should start talking about
it.
>
> Also, are you still interested in vending?
>
> Thanks!

> Hey Dan!!,
> I am totally excited for this years upcoming Midwest Gaming Classic!! 
It
> will be the biggest event in its great history thus far!
>
> I have a group of loyal turbo enthusiasts that are looking very much
> forward to the show.  We are also very excited to be apart of the
> TurboFest '07 celebration.
>
> Although, I am not sure if I am still interested in vending.  I was
going
> through my collection, and I'm unsure if I will actually have enough
stuff
> to even consider it worth wile.  So I will most likely be doing the
> trading tables.  Sorry for the short(ish) notice, but I won't be able
to
> this year.
>
> Also I am strongly interested in helping out in anyway that you could
use
> me.  So if you need any help with anything, give me a holler!
>
> Thanks again,
> Joshua Jaeger

Josh,

Do you all have any plans for TurboFest '07?  If so, perhaps we can
work
some stuff out with it in advance?  It has always been a goal of mine
to
make the 'shows within a show' into something even better, and so far I
feel that only the Underdog Chamber has achieved this.  I was hoping to
do
some neat additional stuff for both the Dreamcast and Jaguar this year,
but I need to figure out just what.

And don't worry, there is still plenty of time to figure stuff out :o)

Dan

So I guess its about 5 months away now- should we start seriously talking about who's all coming and helping with this?

So far I know theres Keranu and myself.  Anyone else interested in contributing? 

L8r guys,
TurboSage

Keranu

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2007, 11:53:59 AM »
Wow, I can't believe it's only five months away now!

Great to hear a response from Dan. I've been thinking about contacting him, but not too sure what info to give him besides this thread. I suppose we all need to finalize what's going to happen on Turbo Fest, so just give me a quick yay or nay for the following suggestions that have been posted already:

[ul][li]Tournaments (Games suggested: Bomberman, Implode, Puyo Puyo, Askua 120%, any shooter with a caravan mode [i.e., Soldier Blade])[/li][li]Game set ups (most likely using popular games like Bonk, Gate of Thunder, Dracula X, etc...)[/li][li]Bonk Mascots ( :mrgreen: )[/li][li]Homebrew Section (including previews of upcoming games and tech demos being displayed)[/li][li]Spin off system displays (Super Grafx, PC-FX)[/li][li]Hudson / NEC / Working Designs ex-employee speaker[/li][li]Virtual Console showcase[/li][li]Side-by-side comparisons of ported games (such as Outrun, Ghouls and Ghosts, Ys)[/li][li]Turbo Linked Turbo Expresses[/li][li]Turbo game vendors[/li][/ul]
By the way, I finally figured out who Dan was just recently after finding a pic of him on the Midwest Gaming Classic site. It's pretty funny because I talked to that guy a couple times at the last MGC without having a clue who he was. He enjoyed my Back to the Future shirt.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Dark Fact

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »
DAMMIT!!! All this talk about a Turbo Fest and I can't go if my life depended on it! :x I really would like to meet up with you guys at this convention but unfortunately, I don't really have any Turbo systems or games to contribute.  Not to mention that I live all the way up here in Canada so cross border travel is pretty tricky in this post 9/11 world.

Anyways, it's great to see you guys very eager in getting this convention under way.  While I can't contribute directly to TurboFest, I could make a few suggestions:

[ul][li]Get some Valis cosplayers.  Nobody will be able to resist going to TurboFest if they see hot babes promoting Turbo goods and games.[/li][li]In addition to classic Turbo consoles, you could also have a Wii setup with the latest Turbo games like Bomberman '93 and Military Madness.  Nintendo raising the Turbografx back up from obscurity is a blessing to all Turbo fans and it would be a good show of appreciation to have a Wii with Turbo games ready to play.[/li][li]If possible, make some paper Bonk or King Drool cutouts with the words "Bonk was here" or "King Drool was here" and paste them up everywhere to get people noticing (in addition to the TurboFest logo on the cutouts as well).[/li][/ul]
Nice MS paint job, Sage. :clap:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2007, 01:01:18 PM »
Damn you little teases! Chances are TOO slim since I'm in Virginia....

Keranu

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2007, 01:13:54 PM »
[ul][/ul]
[ul][li]In addition to classic Turbo consoles, you could also have a Wii setup with the latest Turbo games like Bomberman '93 and Military Madness.  Nintendo raising the Turbografx back up from obscurity is a blessing to all Turbo fans and it would be a good show of appreciation to have a Wii with Turbo games ready to play.[/li][/ul]
Point already suggested :) .

Quote from: Dark Fulkt
[ul][li]If possible, make some paper Bonk or King Drool cutouts with the words "Bonk was here" or "King Drool was here" and paste them up everywhere to get people noticing (in addition to the TurboFest logo on the cutouts as well).[/li][/ul]
Point taken!
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

KingDrool

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2007, 01:33:09 PM »
I'll be there!

Team Fremont's going to be hosting a booth again, so I'll be happy to bring some stuff; provided it's safe, of course.  I've got two Duos and was planning on bringing one for our booth.  If you need another, let me know.  Also, we'll be happy to put up signs and mention the Turbo Fest over our PA system, etc.  Just let me know.

Also, in case you guys are interested, we're also hosting an event next weekend in Madison, WI.  There's going to be tons of Turbo gaming, and video game stuff going on.  If you're in the area, check it out.  All the info you need is here:
http://teamfremont.com/newforums/index.php?topic=2285.0

Anyway, PM me if you need help with the Turbo Fest.  I'll be more than happy to do whatever I can to help.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Dark Fact

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2007, 01:57:21 PM »
Will someone be dressed up as the Hudson Bee for this event? If you can't get the likeness down pat, you could always try getting a cheap bumblebee costume from your local San Francisco. :)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Black Tiger

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »
I'd come dressed as Kabuki if it wasn't so far away.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Dark Fact

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2007, 04:59:58 AM »
Maybe you guys ought to find a random bald guy and ask him to be your Bonk mascot.  You could call him "Bonk: the later years" or something like that. :P

Keranu

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2007, 11:18:04 AM »
Maybe you guys ought to find a random bald guy and ask him to be your Bonk mascot.  You could call him "Bonk: the later years" or something like that. :P
Very good idea!

TR0N

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2007, 03:30:42 PM »
Damn you little teases! Chances are TOO slim since I'm in Virginia....

Same here since i'm in Maryland.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2007, 06:43:18 PM »
I say you should all come to it since, as far as I know, this will be the first Turbo Grafx 16 convention in America  8) .