Author Topic: 185 NOS PCE games trade proposal - should I go for it ?  (Read 2208 times)

pongstory

Re: 185 NOS PCE games trade proposal - should I go for it ?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 04:06:46 AM »
No, there is no release planned. It's only an idea IF (and only IF) I need to cancel the sale, and IF this can be done without drying the bank up.

My two options are:
1) I take the 185 NOS (sealed) games and sell them in a reasonable amount of time to pay for the balance owed, no matter if I get more than what is owed.
2) I find a way to refund the guy and decide to release the game ONLY IF this can at least pay for the initial investment AND production costs. Here, the problem is to know how many specimens should be made, for how much they should be sold, and what I would get out of this production.

Before talking about the release, what should I do with these 185 NOS games ?
Are they way over-estimated ?
Thanks again for your help.

kisaku

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 04:26:25 AM »
No, there is no release planned. It's only an idea IF (and only IF) I need to cancel the sale, and IF this can be done without drying the bank up.

My two options are:
1) I take the 185 NOS (sealed) games and sell them in a reasonable amount of time to pay for the balance owed, no matter if I get more than what is owed.
2) I find a way to refund the guy and decide to release the game ONLY IF this can at least pay for the initial investment AND production costs. Here, the problem is to know how many specimens should be made, for how much they should be sold, and what I would get out of this production.

Before talking about the release, what should I do with these 185 NOS games ?
Are they way over-estimated ?
Thanks again for your help.

I am checking the list
Well except twinbee that i think it will be max 55-60, others are ok...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:32:08 AM by kisaku »

Otaking

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 04:31:30 AM »
The list of games proposed is here:
http://www.pong-story.com/temp/nec.txt

Where the quantity of games is greater than 1 is the price listed the price for each individual game, or the total price for all the games?
For example is it valued at a $100 for 1 CD Denjin or the price 10 copies.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 05:11:44 AM »
Where the quantity of games is greater than 1 is the price listed the price for each individual game, or the total price for all the games?  For example is it valued at a $100 for 1 CD Denjin or the price 10 copies.

That's what I was wondering.  If it's per copy, then the total 'estimated value' of that list is over $10k, which would be a nigh impossible value to ever net in resale.  And if that's the intent, the Dino Force is "worth" $40k.  To net that in selling booty hueys, you'd probably have to sell at least 600 copies at $100 each, which are pie in the sky numbers; a booty cd that'd use a custom system card would be far cheaper to produce and thus require fewer sales numbers, but you'd also severely limit your audience.

Man, I hope the 'estimated value' is a total, as ~$6k would be much more feasible.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bob

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 06:32:18 AM »
if the "ask" for 1 Shinobi is 65, then there is NO WAY they are asking 185 for 6 Ninja Gaidens or only 100 for 10 CD Denj.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:39:58 AM by agent_orange »

pongstory

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 07:06:33 AM »
The prices in the list are on a per copy basis as the guy estimated the total price at $10K or so, supposing everything sells at what he thinks it's worth. What I don't know is how long this would take and I honestly have no serious time to involve in this.

Another approach is that I propose Dino Force here for sale on an offer basis (I won't disclose any price). Maybe that would be an easier option to refund the guy and see a nice release happen (in which case I'd ask for the first specimen, hopefully numbered).

Just thinking of a way to sort this out.....

bob

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 07:22:32 AM »
if you sell it here...are you GUARANTEEING there are no rips/burns/images out there floating around?  Not even you are keeping any sort of copy of this thing?

Is that you on the home page of pong story with Ralph?

elmer

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 07:27:42 AM »
Hahaha ... and now we get the sly offer of a sale to some member here with more money than sense.

It would be absolutely hilarious if this were just Tobias winding up the more insane collectards in the community.

The YouTube video itself showed nothing more than a generic eprom test card with zero actual identification on it, or proof that it was a one-and-only original.

It's not exactly hard to burn an eprom, and the test cards aren't that expensive.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:29:24 AM by elmer »

pongstory

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 07:56:59 AM »
I have never attempted to distribute anything nor did I share any of my ROM images (I indeed have several other prototypes for other platforms such as Atatri 2600 and Odyssey 2, but not for later systems).
Yes indeed it's me with Ralph Baer on the welcome page of my site. If you click the link just under the picture you'll see the original photo.

If I happen to sell Dino Force to somebody (wherever) I would obviously guarantee that I did not share the rom and that I would keep my single rom image until the buyer physically receives the game, after what I would destroy it. This was also part of the initial sale. However I cannot tell you if any other prototype exists. My prototype was initially purchased in Japan. I really doubt it's a bootleg of some sort, otherwise at least one other copy would have surfaced somewhere.

julencin2000

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 08:13:56 AM »

I sold an unreleased PCE prototype.

I'm not familiar with PCE games

Get a reputation for answering phones and all they do is ring.

bob

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 08:22:14 AM »
LOL

pongstory

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 08:56:30 AM »

I sold an unreleased PCE prototype.

I'm not familiar with PCE games

And so what ? That's just IT. I don't even have a PCE or similar console. Not even one console running CDs. What's the problem with buying something you don't collect as far as it makes an interesting trade item ?

I haven't even decided to sell it for a second time in order to cancel the initial deal. That's just an idea, not even a way to ask for some offers. If I ever decide to sell it, I will open a new thread.

julencin2000

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 09:17:18 AM »
No probs at all, man.

I wonder what I would do if I encounter somebody with an unreleased prototype of MSX2, plattform unknown to me.

How could I know if it is real or fake.
How could I decide a price to buy it.
Then decide to sell it. For how much.
Where to engage with possible buyers.
How to agree again on a price. A monthly payment.

Just wondering.
Get a reputation for answering phones and all they do is ring.

esteban

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
HahjJaajjajajjhajhaha.

Pennywise.
  |    |