Author Topic: 185 NOS PCE games trade proposal - should I go for it ?  (Read 2196 times)

esteban

Re: 185 NOS PCE games trade proposal - should I go for it ?
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »

If you find yourself smart or funny by taking parts of texts here and there and then try to build nonsense stories, you're wasting your time and this is totaly useless, for not saying stupid.

Nope, I'm neither particularly smart, nor particularly funny, but I do quite like a puzzle ... and there are things that you refuse to say that I'm rather curious about.

At this point, I've read enough to honestly believe that you do actually have the prototype cartridge ... but that wasn't at all certain when you turned up out of nowhere with this story.

I am pretty ignorant about this particular Dino Force prototype game, and so I've been wasting my time trying to understand both the game itself and it's recent history.

While the details may be a little inaccurate, I think that I've got a handle on the overall arc ...

In 2012, people here were trying to club together with another PCE forum in France to raise 500,000 Yen to buy the game from Akiba Games in Japan.

There is a comment in the YouTube thread that the game sells at auction in Paris for 10,000 Euro in 2013/2014.

That gives us some idea of the price that you paid when you said ...

This game was originally bought in Japan, but not by me (I never said that *I* bought it in Japan).
It was then put in auction in Paris where I live. When I saw this, I got some infos from the auction expert who I know well, and I bought it because my initial idea was to make a release (hence the post that you found).

Now in 2015, you're selling this game on to another buyer for a price that you won't disclose (which is absolutely your right).

But, you've given us enough clues that we can estimate a ballpark figure, since you've said ...

We agreed the price and the buyer sent monthly payments until he stopped paying (he owes me 25% of the agreed price which I will keep confidential).

If I could get up to $6500 quickly, I'd definitely opt for it (so no, the guy doesn't owe me $10K) and send the guy his game.

Let's say that you're valuing the time that it would take to organize the "quick" sales of the CDs that you've been offered at $1,500.

That would lead us to an estimate that the 25% figure that the buyer owes is currently valued at $5,000.

Which would suggest that you've already been paid $15,000 out of a $20,000 "agreed" price.

At today's exchange rate, that's a 17,500 Euro selling price.

That's for a prototype that you seemingly purchased for 10,000 Euro.

You're welcome to correct any of those figures, should you wish to.

You said ...

I'm not really trying to make some profit on it. At least that's not the goal.

Really?

BTW ... there's absolutely nothing wrong with making a profit, that's how we all live, you don't need to be ashamed of it.

Just for your info, I once found an unreleased Atari 2600 game: 3D Rubik's Cube. With AtariAge we did a very nice release in a deluxe box, etc. You can check that if you want (and I still have some numbered specimens for sale by the way).

I wasn't familiar with the story around the 3D Rubik's Cube game, so I thought that I'd take up the offer and waste some more of my time to do a little research.

This site gives an interesting history of that particular discovery ...

http://www.2600connection.com/articles/3d_rubiks_cube/3d_rubiks_cube.html

Yeah, I read that.

Interesting.

:)
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2015, 11:56:34 AM »
By the way, what is this doing in the PC-FX subforum?!?  It's not even really a sale/trade thread for f*ck's sake!

Thread moved from PC-FX Sales & Trades to PCE Discussion.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »
By the way, what is this doing in the PC-FX subforum?!?  It's not even really a sale/trade thread for f*ck's sake!

Thread moved from PC-FX Sales & Trades to PCE Discussion.
Can you change the title to while you are at it to "Flippers: this is why we can't have nice things like Dino Force PCE"
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2015, 06:24:44 PM »
Man, having to sell all those games to comp what the buyer owes doesn't seem fair.  Pongstory, depending on how long the games take to sell, could end up with 100+ games sitting around, waiting to be bought.  I hope you can find a solution to your predicament!  I would love to see some sort of physical release of the game, but I won't get my hopes too high.

schweaty

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2015, 04:44:24 AM »
if those games really are what the buyer claims they are worth, he should sell them and pay you what he owes you.  that is all.

MotherGunner

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »
Elmer's new title:

PCEFX Dirk Diggler Extraordinaire

:clap:

Fixed.  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

elmer

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2015, 11:21:18 AM »
Elmer's new title:

Fixed.  =)

It's gratifying to recognized by the Academy for my upstanding contribution to so many people's evening ... errr ... "entertainment".   :wink:

MotherGunner

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2015, 11:29:13 AM »
Elmer's new title:

Fixed.  =)

It's gratifying to recognized by the Academy for my upstanding contribution to so many people's evening ... errr ... "entertainment".   :wink:

Well if you REALLY want to entertain, tell people you shoot glue!  *Get it?*

;)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

sunteam_paul

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2015, 08:51:32 PM »
if those games really are what the buyer claims they are worth, he should sell them and pay you what he owes you.  that is all.

This.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

shubibiman

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2015, 08:58:36 PM »
To make it short: we agreed a price. The guy paid 75% of it through several months and then stopped.
The prototype is Dino Fore.

Why do stories about prototypes always turn sour ?

FYI ... I own the copyrights on a couple of "dead" video games ... so perhaps my position on the "for profit" manufacture of old games is somewhat different to yours.

Interesting. If some of them happen to be untranslated japanese RPG'S, then I guess that a few people would be glad to translate them for an official release ;)

The same game that you were trying to raise $5,000 for in 2012?

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13443.0

No, I was the guy trying to raise $5,000  :wink:

Pongstory, it's a shame you didn't try and get into touch with some PCE hackers that would have helped you find a way to make a full Hucard release of this game. There are many options now.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:28:59 PM by shubibiman »
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Redfield1

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2015, 10:42:03 PM »
So, Dino Force's back, a never ending story !

In 2015, it's easier and far cheaper to put games onto physical HuCards.
Take a look on some friends and i works:

[img=http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2014/01/31/mini_140131020139627363.jpg]

Vive la France !

Warhol

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2015, 05:15:44 AM »
Redfield, you're definitely The Artist !!  :mrgreen:

elmer

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2015, 05:27:58 AM »
If some of them happen to be untranslated japanese RPG'S, then I guess that a few people would be glad to translate them for an official release ;)

Sorry, nothing that exciting. Just games that got official releases, so there are plenty of 2nd hand copies available.

No, I was the guy trying to raise $5,000  :wink:

Yep, I know. I meant that as a call out to the "community folks" ... sorry if that wasn't clear.

Redfield1

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2015, 05:31:11 AM »
Redfield, you're definitely The Artist !!  :mrgreen:

You're welcome ! :mrgreen:

shubibiman

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2015, 12:12:50 PM »

Let's say that you're valuing the time that it would take to organize the "quick" sales of the CDs that you've been offered at $1,500.

That would lead us to an estimate that the 25% figure that the buyer owes is currently valued at $5,000.

Which would suggest that you've already been paid $15,000 out of a $20,000 "agreed" price.

At today's exchange rate, that's a 17,500 Euro selling price.

That's for a prototype that you seemingly purchased for 10,000 Euro.

And that could have been purchased $5,000 in the first place. Well, we all love video games, it reminds us of our childhood, doesn't it ?

I guess that the guy stopped paying just because he realised how screwed he was if he didn't know about the original sale before you dealt with him.

Just my guess.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion