Author Topic: My 1st PC Engine is on the way!  (Read 919 times)

TEKWRX

My 1st PC Engine is on the way!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 11:09:36 AM »
Well this sucks.  It looks like Paypal "froze" japangamestock's account.  They opened a 2nd account, but they froze that too.  I'll be getting my money back, but I'm still bummed.

What are some other good online shops for PCE/Famicom stuff, in Japan or elsewhere, that take Paypal?

TR0N

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 02:27:46 PM »
Quote from: "TEKWRX"
Well this sucks.  It looks like Paypal "froze" japangamestock's account.  They opened a 2nd account, but they froze that too.  I'll be getting my money back, but I'm still bummed.

What are some other good online shops for PCE/Famicom stuff, in Japan or elsewhere, that take Paypal?

Werid from some odd reason jgs is all ways having problems with paypal.

I order a, Famicom cart cib from them a while ago and they sent me a invoice.

Afther i ask them what's the deal with them.

I hope they can clear there problems with paypal soon.

Still you can all ways send a... international postal money order to them as a second form of payment.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TEKWRX

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 02:47:33 PM »
Quote from: "Tron"

Still you can all ways send a... international postal money order to them as a second form of payment.

Yeah, I'm sure i'll just send them a money order, I just hate waiting.  I "re-discovered" PCE/TG16 a few days ago and I'm wanting to play a "real" system.  Although emulation on my PSP is holding me over  :wink:

By the way, I'm from MD too (now in FL), I miss it up there...

takashirose

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 03:58:28 PM »
So it's not a good time to get a game from JapanGameStock.com?
Let the old mix with the new.

TR0N

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 01:04:36 PM »
Quote from: "takashirose"
So it's not a good time to get a game from JapanGameStock.com?

Not at the moment no i'd wait untile they fix there paypal problem  :?

takashirose

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »
How would I know when they'll fix the PayPal problem?

TR0N

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 02:44:02 PM »
Quote from: "takashirose"
How would I know when they'll fix the PayPal problem?

E-mail them or just send a m.o as payment.

TEKWRX

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 02:59:49 PM »
Well, it's been a week now and I still have not gotten my money back.  It's almost $400!  Sometime I really hate Paypal... :evil:

Vanquish

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 10:36:50 PM »
Hi. I am gonna give you a good advice (i hope).
Buy your system on ebay. I know some good sellers than even replaced me a defective pc engine, so no problems here. You will have to pay throu paypal but that isnt a problem either (i never had a problem with that).

I suggest you, for explample, a guy called hit-japan. Sells tons of things. Or nippotopia. Or.. lots more of japanesse sellers. You will get bored looking at their sales :P

I will link you a console here:
boxed pc engine duo http://cgi.ebay.es/PC-Engine-DUO-Console-Boxed-Import-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ320018600783QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62054QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
unboxed pc engine dou
http://cgi.ebay.es/PC-Engine-DUO-Console-Import-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ320015119918QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62054QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

forget about duo-r and duo-rx, the original duo is the sexyest ;)

You can try get a pc engine + interface unit + cdrom2 (that is what i have and what i like more) but it will be more expensive and hard to find a nice and good cared system, although i think it is worth it :)

And about games... these are the ones i like most: R-Type CD, Bomberman 93/94, Gradius 2, wonderboy 3, galaga 88, PC Gengin/PC Kid and the great StreetFighter 2 '

I hope this will help you. IF you spent those 400$... with that you will be able to buy what i am telling you and more on ebay.

Good luck having them back and good luck getting your pc engine, it is worth it :)

TEKWRX

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 12:32:51 PM »
Thanks for your advice.  Yeah, I've been looking at ebay a lot.  I'm sure that's where my system will come from.  I'm just waiting for Paypal to refund my money 1st.  The $400 wasn't just for the PC-Engine.  The briefcase system was only $135, I also bought a famicom, super famicom, and a bunch of games...

takashirose

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 03:22:07 PM »
Check out www.gamechoiceclub.com  .  I never bought from them yet, but they have what you are looking for.

Vanquish

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 01:51:53 AM »
ebay forever :P

TR0N

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 07:17:06 PM »
Since were listing sellers i list my favorite one.

Dream_Stars_Japan the seller is expensive but "great service" just ask any one here and they will tell ya same.

Btw that's where i got my Duo-R from complete and boxed   :mrgreen:

http://stores.ebay.com/DREAM-STARS-JAPAN_W0QQss

I notice some mention, Hit-Japan keep in mind when you buy from that seller it's a "gamble" weather you get a working console or not.

Vanquish

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 12:57:57 PM »
nippotopia replaced me a non working pc engine for another one only paying half the shipping :)

and yeah, Dream_Stars_Japan has quality

Keranu

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
Congratulations on making possibly the greatest video game decision :) . The PCE+CDROM2 briefcase design is one of the coolest designs in console history and I'm sure you'll fall in love with it as much as I have with mine ;) . There are piles upon piles of great games for the system and a huge library to search and hunt through, so collecting never seems to get old for it. You can find lots of thread around here that recommends new games to new people and I am sure they will come in a lot of handy. Welcome and once again, congratulations :) !
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).