Author Topic: The 6 button avenue pad.  (Read 558 times)

T2KFreeker

The 6 button avenue pad.
« on: August 11, 2006, 01:53:45 PM »
Okay, I am getting one of these damnit, I can't take it anymore. I have Street Fighter II CE for my DUO, and I have to ask, does the pad work well for other Turbo games? I messed with one briefly years ago with SFII and it was awesome as Hell, but what about the other games? Also, are there any other fighting games or whatnot for the Duo/PCE that support the 6 button set up?  :wink:
END OF LINE.

TR0N

Re: The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 02:26:43 PM »
Quote from: "T2KFreeker"
Okay, I am getting one of these damnit, I can't take it anymore. I have Street Fighter II CE for my DUO, and I have to ask, does the pad work well for other Turbo games? I messed with one briefly years ago with SFII and it was awesome as Hell, but what about the other games? Also, are there any other fighting games or whatnot for the Duo/PCE that support the 6 button set up?  :wink:

Fatal Fury Special
Art of Fighting
World Heros 2
Forgotten Worlds i think.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

T2KFreeker

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 02:37:30 PM »
Quote from: "Tron"

Fatal Fury Special
Art of Fighting
World Heros 2

Yeah, but the SNK games are Arcade Card yes? I have those for my Neo Geo CD anyway, although the info on Forgotten Worlds is useful for sure! That would be sweet!
END OF LINE.

neokellyzero

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 02:55:33 PM »
The 6 button pad won't work with Forgotten worlds- I believe it work's with one of the Ys games(IV I think) by mapping menu shortcuts to the other buttons.  Before you get an avenue, check out the hori 6 button pad.  It may be a matter of personal preference, but I have both and I think the hori is much better.  Kind of feels like an snes pad-

T2KFreeker

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »
Quote from: "neokellyzero"
The 6 button pad won't work with Forgotten worlds- I believe it work's with one of the Ys games(IV I think) by mapping menu shortcuts to the other buttons.  Before you get an avenue, check out the hori 6 button pad.  It may be a matter of personal preference, but I have both and I think the hori is much better.  Kind of feels like an snes pad-

I'll take a look, but I am still getting the Avenue pad though! I could always use two pads anyway for multi player ass beatings! :wink:
END OF LINE.

merriman_bk

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 03:23:33 PM »
Yah it's worth it just to use with street fighter II imo heh but it's still comfortable enough to use as a 2 button pad.

----------------------------------------------
Sold to: 2X4, carbon tiger, chop5, grahf, gundarN, hizaygizirlz, Joe Redifer, Keranu, MrFulci, nat, runinruder, shubibiman, steve666, T2KFreeker, vestcoat
ebay id: merriman_bk --> 100% positive

T2KFreeker

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »
Quote from: "merriman_bk"
Yah it's worth it just to use with street fighter II imo heh but it's still comfortable enough to use as a 2 button pad.

Yeah, Like I said, I got to mess with one but it was a long time ago, like back when Street Fighter II first released for the Turbo, so I liked it, but never got to screw around with it on other games, much to my dismay!
END OF LINE.

merriman_bk

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 03:37:50 PM »
The ultimate though is the pce duo-rx pad, mmmmm, but ofc it's quite rare -- I paid $50 the loose one I just found.  (idc if that is more than it's worth, now i have 2!)  :twisted:

Sold to: 2X4, carbon tiger, chop5, grahf, gundarN, hizaygizirlz, Joe Redifer, Keranu, MrFulci, nat, runinruder, shubibiman, steve666, T2KFreeker, vestcoat

T2KFreeker

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 03:39:51 PM »
Quote from: "merriman_bk"
The ultimate though is the pce duo-rx pad, mmmmm, but ofc it's quite rare -- I paid $50 the loose one I just found.  (idc if that is more than it's worth, now i have 2!)  :twisted:

Dude, post a pic of that as i have never hads the pleasure of actually seeing one of those, much less playing with one.
END OF LINE.

merriman_bk

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »
It reminds me of more like a snes controller but even nicer, the buttons on it even remind me of the buttons on my dreamcast controller.  It makes you hold it a little different but it is definately the most comfortable; now I don't have to switch between my 2 button and 6 button pad heh.  Here's some pics:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/merrimanbk/duorx4.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/merrimanbk/duorx5.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/merrimanbk/duorx6.jpg

The d-pad is sloped inward so it feels a lot better too, everything says use me, use me to pwn some pce games! ;x

--Bret

T2KFreeker

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 04:11:54 PM »
Nice controller dude. Something more for me to look for damnit! :roll:
END OF LINE.

grahf

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »
I have a hori 6 button and i like it fine, but ive been keeping an eye out for an RX pad myself. I'd actually trade the Hori for the RX if anyone is interested :D

T2KFreeker

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 08:54:09 AM »
Quote from: "grahf"
I have a hori 6 button and i like it fine, but ive been keeping an eye out for an RX pad myself. I'd actually trade the Hori for the RX if anyone is interested :D

Hmm, that sounds like a pretty bad little trade there man. Kind of like trading a Genesis six button pad for a three button. Do you have pics of the Hori pad? Just curious as to what it looks like.
END OF LINE.

grahf

The 6 button avenue pad.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 09:54:39 AM »
I figure its a fair trade. They are both nice 6button pads. I just like the look of the RX.

dj898 posted a picture in this thread:
http://pcenginefx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=508&sid=619e3554ce7489063dc751c68531ed92

TR0N

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 08:43:05 AM »
Quote from: "Tron"

Fatal Fury Special
Art of Fighting
World Heros 2

Yeah, but the SNK games are Arcade Card yes?!

Yeah those run with the arcade card.

As for, Forgotten Worlds it's been mention here it doesn't work with the "6 button pad" i was guessing any ways.

Still those ports are only worth having if you don't have a, NeoGeo any ways.

I have arcade card myself but i use it to... run popful mail and sapphire any ways.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec