Author Topic: Legendary Axe II rare?  (Read 676 times)

T2KFreeker

Legendary Axe II rare?
« on: August 11, 2006, 01:56:32 PM »
Here's another really good game for the Turbo that is awesome as Hell, but why all the hype about how "Rare" it is when we all know that it is nowhere as rare as people try to make it out to be? I need this game, but I rerally do not want to pay what some of these guys try and sell it for. The only decently priced copies I have found were card only, and I juast can't do that anymore for the Duo, I want my games as complete as possible. Anyone else agree?
END OF LINE.

FM-77

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 02:19:38 PM »
Is Ankoko Densetsu (the Japanese equivalent of LA2) also "rare"?

TR0N

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 02:23:41 PM »
Common game either way u.s or jpn.

Still it's pretty good for a Rastan clone.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

T2KFreeker

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 02:38:42 PM »
Yeah, I keep finding them for way too much, or at least I think so. I want it though as I really like the game alot.
END OF LINE.

NeoFreak

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 03:55:41 AM »
I scored a complete boxed copy of Legendary Axe II a few months ago at "Game Dude" in North Hollywood. I'm not sure that they have any more boxed copies, but maybe they have another comeplete one in jewel case. You should look them up; I think you can order from them online. BTW what has the game been going for lately?

NEC n.(en•E•shee)

T2KFreeker

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 12:00:42 PM »
Quote from: "NeoFreak"
I scored a complete boxed copy of Legendary Axe II a few months ago at "Game Dude" in North Hollywood. I'm not sure that they have any more boxed copies, but maybe they have another comeplete one in jewel case. You should look them up; I think you can order from them online. BTW what has the game been going for lately?

Way too much man. As for Game Dude, I used to work there man, way back when the 3DO and Jaguar were advanced systems and the Saturn/Playstation were just coming out. Due to certain "Policies" that they subscribe to, I quit after becoming a key in the store, and rarelt go there anymore.
END OF LINE.

Neo Rasa

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 01:14:07 PM »
Does anyone know the story with Legendary Axe II?  It's so stylistically different that it seems it couldn't have possibly become a Legendary Axe game until much later in its development.  Cool game either way and yes it is fairly common.  Japangamestock as an example usually has it for right around twenty-three USD or so and it's ALWAYS available.

T2KFreeker

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 01:45:29 PM »
Yeah, it's so common that everytime I ask for it, nobody has it for sale. Not saying it is a super rare game, but damn, I want this game, and bad I might add. It was one of my favorites from back in the day!
END OF LINE.

nodtveidt

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 04:20:30 PM »
Quote from: "Neo Rasa"
Does anyone know the story with Legendary Axe II?

Storyline-wise? As far as I remember...it's about two brothers who were vying for the throne, but the older one (Prince Zach I believe) called upon the powers of some demon called Lord Drodan or something like that and with his power, beat his brother (Prince Sirius I believe) in a duel. So now Sirius has to win back the throne with the "Legendary Royal Sword". It has absolutely nothing to do with the first game, and the only reason I think it was named a sequel to the original Legendary Axe was because the gameplay is pretty much the same, plus I think they wanted to capitalize on the success of the original game...

runinruder

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »
"I think they wanted to capitalize on the success of the original game..."

Yes, that's the reason.  They particularly tried to milk the "Best Game of the Year" award that VG&CE gave to the first Axe; I think they even mentioned it on the back of Axe 2's box (I'm too lazy to check right now).
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nodtveidt

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 05:18:08 PM »
"The Axe is back with twice the force and twice the fury of 1989's Game Of The Year!"

I wrote that from memory so it may not be 100% accurate but yes...they did indeed write something along those lines on the back of the LA2 box. :D

ParanoiaDragon

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 05:50:39 PM »
One reason in the US it's called LA2, is because both games, in Japan, had the word "legend" in the name.  This one is called Dark Legend, or possibly Legend of Darkness.  Ankoku=Dark Densetsu=Legend.  The first game is called Makyou Densetsu.  I think Makyou means something like monster world, I can't remember.  Either way, they weren't connected in Japan.

I used to think as these 2 brothers, as the sons of the guy & girl from the first game.......but, the names are different.  So, they didn't bother to make the story's connect.

NeoFreak

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 01:48:00 AM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"
"The Axe is back with twice the force and twice the fury of 1989's Game Of The Year!"

I wrote that from memory so it may not be 100% accurate but yes...they did indeed write something along those lines on the back of the LA2 box. :D

nodtveidt,

I checked the back of the box last night, you had it word for word.

NEC n.(en•E•shee)

Jammaniaclord

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 05:24:00 AM »
The game DOES rock! I used to play the heck out it back in the early 90's, but it was kinda hard, and i kept getting stuck at this one part fo the game where it was getting annihilated. Great graphics, and music, and play control was pretty darn decent. Now that the emu magic engine has been out for years, maybe i can beat it with save states..........might be the only way since i have no time to vegetate with a tv and controller in my hands now that i have a family. Kids rock!!!!
PC Cocoron Hunter

Neo Rasa

Legendary Axe II rare?
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 05:50:51 AM »
Replaying it on Magic Engine, it is a little easier than I remember it even without save states.  While not as hard as a GnG game it has that same deliberate pacing where you need to take your time through each level and know what each type of enemy does so you can react to it as soon as it's on the screen.  Fun stuff.