Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations (Added scans of my last items)  (Read 2204 times)

SuperPlay

Re: Greetings and Salutations (Now with TZD Catalog scans!!)
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2015, 09:38:01 PM »
Thanks again, some great stuff you have shared there

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2015, 08:09:31 AM »
Here are a couple more flyers.
Go here for high res PNG files:
https://goo.gl/photos/hXnCnj4z3FxTVtk9A

Looking at these flyers you can see how the people at TTi really  tried to promote the system. If they only would have gotten some support from Japan, I truly believe the market would have been split 3 ways in the 16 bit era.

Here we got the Super System Card Flyer.

Did you get your Lords of Thunder T-Shirt?

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2015, 04:10:36 AM »
I finally got around to scanning these letters I got TTI and TZD. While these are not the most interesting, there are a couple of cool nuggets of information in them.

The high res versions of these letters can be found at this link.
https://goo.gl/photos/hXnCnj4z3FxTVtk9A

Marto_Jo-ing

Re: Greetings and Salutations (Added scans of the letters I received)
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2015, 06:32:30 AM »
Wow what a great collection! It really takes me back to my childhood looking at these. Are you selling some of these on Ebay? Someone listed several of these adds and brochures on Ebay this morning. I hope someone isn't making copies and selling them off as originals. Thanks for sharing and keeping all this stuff safe for all these years.  Cheers!!!

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2015, 07:17:19 AM »
Wow what a great collection! It really takes me back to my childhood looking at these. Are you selling some of these on Ebay? Someone listed several of these adds and brochures on Ebay this morning. I hope someone isn't making copies and selling them off as originals. Thanks for sharing and keeping all this stuff safe for all these years.  Cheers!!!

Thanks, no that is not me selling those things. I would hope someone is not using my scans to make reproductions to sell but, there is not really much I can do about that and I won't take my scans down to prevent that. I think it is more important to share the info so more people can see and enjoy it. I did a quick search on ebay and didn't see any. If you wouldn't mind posting the links I would like to see them.

Marto_Jo-ing

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:06:01 AM by Marto_Jo-ing »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2015, 08:46:38 AM »
That toolbag has been around selling such shat for a long time, long before IB started scanning and sharing his goodies.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2015, 09:31:55 AM »
Wow really people will pay that much for a flyer? I guess people will collect anything. I find them interesting as historical artifacts, a small glimpse into the past.

It is neat to see the TTI Trade In Flyer in color though, I would not have guessed it having so much  green.

esteban

Greetings and Salutations (Added scans of the letters I received)
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2015, 12:19:39 PM »
I love all of this stuff!

FYI: TZD was still charging $2 per manual until they went out of business, IIRC. But the note is on a TTi letter, so I guess TZD simply never changed TTi's price....

I ordered a bunch of manuals towards the end of TZD...

NOTES:

(1) Jeff (Game Counselor) — February 10, 1993

Where is he now? I can probably figure out what I was doing on February 10, 1993. No joke.

(2) Rentrak — never heard of this company before...

(3) Los Angeles = October 1992 launch of DUO
May 1993 = DUO available in nine markets nationwide (can we guess the biggest cities?)

(4) I never met anyone who called any of the silly video game hotlines (for any system). WHY WAS TTi and TZD pushing so hard? Did folks really call these tip lines? It boggles my mind. They mention the damn tip line in every damn letter (or nearly every letter).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:46:49 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2015, 01:01:25 PM »
I believe that I got one color TTi letter and one b&w.

It was with the second letter that they sent me a LoT t-shirt and DM: Theron's Quest for being such a hadcore Turbo/PCE fan.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »
The only freebie I ever got was a promo VHS tape, so I must not've been hardcore enough.  :|
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Punch

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2015, 01:30:10 PM »
Funny how black and white letters from customer representatives 20 years ago can be so interesting :lol:

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2015, 02:24:49 AM »
Here are scans of the 2 Club Duo catalogs I have. Vol 1 still has a couple of games in it that were never released in the US. Vol 2 is just all the released Super CD games.

Go here for high res versions of both catalogs and all 32 pages of Club Duo Vol 1.
https://goo.gl/photos/pfyixCQYh1VKFRkt9

I have 2 more catalogs but I found that they are already scanned and uploaded on DoxPhile (Club Turbo Vol 2 and the TZD catalog).

2 Macross games! These would have been instant purchases for me back in the day. I should still pick them up. Does anyone know how playable the strategy one is without knowing Japanese?

Club Duo Vol 2

IvanBeavkov

Re: Greetings and Salutations (Added scans of the Club Duo Vol 1 & 2 catalogs)
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2015, 03:36:00 AM »
Never knew there was a club duo vol II... no cover? Was it even a booklet or just some standard size 8.5x11 paper?

Nope no cover, it is just a 2 page catalog the size of 2 sheets of 8.5 X 11 paper.