Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations (Added scans of my last items)  (Read 2226 times)

IvanBeavkov

Re: Greetings and Salutations
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 07:13:03 AM »
Here is a catalog they sent me Club Turbo Vol 1. It is interesting to see the things in here that didn't come out or had their name changed.

Hmmmm... World Class Baseball II, I don't remember that.

Or these helpful mini advice boxes. I would never have know catching all of the power up items would make Aero Blasters easier.

Here is the link to all 56 pages as high quality PNG files (well minus page 53 and 54 that I took out to subscribe to TurboPlay magazine).
https://goo.gl/photos/fstB8KjS6cqGU4bT7

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Greetings and Salutations (Now with more scans)
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »
$250 for a Duo and Lords!  Hot damn, that woulda been a sweet deal back in the day.

I wish I'd known about the rebate coupon's expiration date extension.  I could've cashed in a couple more on x-mas gifts and whatnot instead of just the pair I managed to 'spend'.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Punch

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
I like the selection of games used for the first 4 pages of the game catalog...  :lol:

edit: TV Sports Baseball looked great from the screenshots in the catalog... wish someone would find it and release the ROM in the wild.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 09:47:26 AM by Punch »

munchiaz

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
welcome, and thanks for sharing all the great info and pictures.

MotherGunner

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 09:49:18 AM »
Did your Dragon's curse come in a white tray like that?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

RNSpeed

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 03:36:40 PM »
Interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing.

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 04:37:16 AM »

No it didn't, I got it game and manual only. I bought replacement HuCard sleeves from Seymor Onion and took the extra HuCard jewel case insert from Street Fighter II. I put the insert in a new jewel case and replaced the one from SFII with a white CD tray. So now Dragon's Curse has a nice case to live in instead of flopping all around.

I am still working on a nice insert to print out to put in the case though.

MotherGunner

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 08:00:55 AM »

No it didn't, I got it game and manual only. I bought replacement HuCard sleeves from Seymor Onion and took the extra HuCard jewel case insert from Street Fighter II. I put the insert in a new jewel case and replaced the one from SFII with a white CD tray. So now Dragon's Curse has a nice case to live in instead of flopping all around.

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18661.0
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

IvanBeavkov

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 08:25:25 AM »

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18661.0

I have seen those, while they are awesome they are also expensive, which is expected for a custom 3D printed case. Personally I can't justify spending over $20 $5 on a case when i can buy regular CD jewel cases for ~$0.50 a piece.

Also, I am enjoying making an insert for that back of the case, and I'm trying to put as much of the info that is found on the back of the cardboard box as I can on the insert. Of course considering I can't find an image of the back of the box for Dragon's Curse that is making it a little difficult. I'm basing the formatting off of other game boxes and took the story text from the back of one of the master system versions and tweaked it to fit the Turbo version's story.

Edit: Fixed price reading comprehension. Still a little to much for me though.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:30:56 AM by IvanBeavkov »

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 08:35:18 AM »
I like the selection of games used for the first 4 pages of the game catalog...  :lol:

edit: TV Sports Baseball looked great from the screenshots in the catalog... wish someone would find it and release the ROM in the wild.

I think that this game was World Class Baseball II, which is just the translated Power League II or III.  You can pick those up for relatively cheap.

Punch

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 10:12:31 AM »

I think that this game was World Class Baseball II, which is just the translated Power League II or III.  You can pick those up for relatively cheap.

No, I really mean TV Sports Baseball, it's one of the pages in Ivan's album with all the pages of the catalog.

tool

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »
great to see that there is still fresh material out there and new things to find out about the turbo. epic thread. thanks for posting.

esteban

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 02:54:17 PM »
I love everything you posted, Ivan. :)

The TTi Retail News #1 newsletter is something I had never seen before!

|    | 

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 04:18:50 AM »

No, I really mean TV Sports Baseball, it's one of the pages in Ivan's album with all the pages of the catalog.

Ah, my bad.  I misunderstood.  I too would've liked to see the TV Sports Franchise continue. I think it would be cool to see the progression of TV Sports games from '91-'93 if they would have sold better. 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2015, 04:23:50 AM »
There should've been a TV Sport Curling.  Sweep, dammit.  SWEEEEEEP!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles