Author Topic: Gate of Thunder Questions?  (Read 432 times)

hizaygizirlz

Gate of Thunder Questions?
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:30:59 AM »
Hi, i just won a gate of thunder on ebay w/ a BIN of 25$,  The auction has a black case and seems to come w/ a GoT book, and both bonk books.

My questions are:

the game came in a black case, i have seen a few up on ebay in black but white seems to be the standard.  Did this game come in black or is my case generic?

Should the back of the case have any screenshots etc. or is it generic and plain?

When this game came packaged w/ the Duo did it come w/ all the instruction books b/c i notice most auctions dont' contain them.

Thanks
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

takashirose

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 09:50:19 AM »
My Turbouo came with a Gate of Thunder disc that contained the game with both Bonk games and a hidden Bomberman game.  It came with three instruction manuals, but they were seperate of the jewel case because you couldn't fit all three in.  My jewel case had a white bottom without any back.  So there were no screen shots in the back.  My Lords of thunder gmae, which I got new had a black bottom.  It came in a regular package with screenshots.
Let the old mix with the new.

takashirose

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 09:51:13 AM »
I got my Turbo Duo new, so I am telling you what I got.

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 10:09:07 AM »
Thanks,
So it seems i got everything w/ my copy, my only question now is if any of them came w/ the case in black.

Did they ever end up selling this game seperate from the system that could be the case.

I guess worst comes to worse if it continues to bug me i could just swap it out w/ a white case.
Gypsies did it.

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 11:48:15 AM »
Quote from: "hizaygizirlz"
Thanks,
So it seems i got everything w/ my copy, my only question now is if any of them came w/ the case in black.

Did they ever end up selling this game seperate from the system that could be the case.

I guess worst comes to worse if it continues to bug me i could just swap it out w/ a white case.

My brand new Duo from the initial launch came with a white-cased GOT 4-in-1.

The 4-in1 was available seperately from the system for an extra fee when mail ordering the System 3.0 card.

There was never an insert for it either way, but there have been a few fan-made images online over the years.

I made my own back in the day with hand drawn art on the back. This reminds me once again that I've been meaning to photoshop up a realistic one and to upload my custom Space Fantasy Zone covers...
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 04:31:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure the case inlay was white in all of them. I also bought the US  Duo that came with this game, and the case inlay was white.

TR0N

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 04:42:51 PM »
I got my Gate of Thunder off,of ebay and it came in a black case. Btw no bonks adventure or bonks revenge manual came with it though.

Still it didn't have a insert either :-s Not like it matters the game works great any ways if your copy... doesn't have one either.Then this thread has one that you can save and then make on your own.

http://www.pcenginefx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=810

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »
Man that dude did an excellent job on that back insert, i'm still always amazed by the nice things you can come across online.  Some people take the time and effort to make things so sweet.
Thanks for the link to the other topic.
Gypsies did it.

takashirose

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 07:27:37 PM »
At first glance I thought it was real.  The only thing is matching the size and all to the cd case.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 12:00:26 AM »
Are you using the .psd verion? That one seems to be already sized correctly.

takashirose

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 06:18:09 AM »
Oh, I am not going to download it.  I was just asking you whether it fits.  I don't want to crack the case when I try to disassemble it.  I like it the way it is.  But it's nice to have it as an option.  Looks very good and authentic.  But did they ever sell Gate of Thunder by itself?

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 12:03:22 PM »
Quote from: "takashirose"
Oh, I am not going to download it.  I was just asking you whether it fits.  I don't want to crack the case when I try to disassemble it.  I like it the way it is.  But it's nice to have it as an option.  Looks very good and authentic.  But did they ever sell Gate of Thunder by itself?

The original PC Engine version didn't include the extra games and has it's own insert.

The North American version only came as a 4-in-1.

takashirose

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 01:03:39 PM »
I knew that the PC-Engine version doesn't have the extra games.  What is the difference between the American and the Japanese versions?  I watched the Japanese one on youtube and it seemed that it had different music.  Is that true?

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 01:10:43 PM »
Quote from: "takashirose"
I knew that the PC-Engine version doesn't have the extra games.  What is the difference between the American and the Japanese versions?  I watched the Japanese one on youtube and it seemed that it had different music.  Is that true?

At least one person has swapped the regular music for other tracks(Thunderforce V Saturn?).

The video's description should've mentioned something about it.

malducci

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 01:23:52 PM »
hehe takashirose :lol:

you should have paid closer attention to the video. More than just the music was changed - it has the ship/pods/weapons/explosions/font graphics from thunder force 3 in place of. It's a hack I did of GOT.