Author Topic: CVS 287 RGB Scart to Component converter  (Read 226 times)

technozombie

CVS 287 RGB Scart to Component converter
« on: October 24, 2015, 01:46:02 PM »
This may not be the correct place for this thread but I wasn't sure where else to put it. I've been having problems with screen rolling caused by scart to component converter. I was looking online and it seems that the problem is caused by a cheap power supply and that it is possible to get it to work on 5v's but I can't find any guides on the internet to do it. I was hoping to power it directly off the scart cable and therefore not need an external AC adapter. Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks.

technozombie

Re: CVS 287 RGB Scart to Component converter
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »
Rewording my question some in case anyone knows. Is it possible to pull 5v directly off of a Euro scart cable?

pdiggitydogg

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 10:41:08 PM »
A quick search tells me the voltage on the 5v pin isn't always the same. I came across a thread, similar to this, where a voltage regulator was suggested, to keep it at 5v...but should be possible.
5v seems too low, but you could always try it using a spare USB charger to get 5v out and see if that powers your converter reliably.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 11:53:49 PM »
I wouldn't try using power off of the scart connection. It will probably be too low on the milliamps side of things. Just go look for a proper power supply instead.

technozombie

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 09:56:53 PM »
Well I got everything working and smoothed out. Oddly enough once i removed the voltage regulator I used an adjustable power supply to get my 5v, but it looked terrible. I ended up adjusting it to 9v and everything looks great. The 7805 was putting out 5v so I guess my problem was that the board wasn't getting what it needed. Is it safe to run without a regulator? Do I need to worry about voltage spikes?