Author Topic: PCE RGB output help  (Read 297 times)

gojira1954

PCE RGB output help
« on: October 26, 2015, 11:50:07 AM »
Hello,
I've modded a white PCE from stock with a THS7314 amp, I'm getting sound out OK but no video at all.
I've checked my monitor with a known good source, and checked my wiring for mistakes - all OK.
I removed the amp and connected the RGB points direct expecting to see a dull image but still nothing.
I'm not getting any voltage on the RGB lines - should I?
Can I test the C6260 IC for voltages?
I only have a multimeter, no scope or probe.
Any help greatly appreciated :)

thesteve

Re: PCE RGB output help
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »
got sync?

wilykat

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 03:58:53 PM »
What display are you using?  Some are picky about sync type, some are more forgiving.

I have a Commodore 1084 and it refused to work without separate H and V sync so I had to use sync stripper out of composite video to get that monitor to work with the RGB.

gojira1954

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 06:52:06 PM »
I'm using a pvm, I have other consoles including PCEs that work OK so the monitor I'm using works with the sync outputted.

@thesteve - when you say got sync how can I measure it?
What values am I looking for on the RGB & sync lines please?

pdiggitydogg

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 10:36:30 PM »
Where are you pulling sync from? On the expansion port (I'm assuming you grabbed your signals there) there is a pin near those for rgb that is labeled 'sync' and there is another for composite video.
Some have better luck with composite video as sync.

gojira1954

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 01:08:26 AM »
Thanks for the replies...
I'm taking sync and RGB signals from the expansion points - I'm not tapping into composite video, I'm taking the sync signal.
If it was a sync issue, which I don't think it is, I would see a rolling messed up picture? But I get nothing at all, no flash on the screen when powering up.
The console is running as I can hear the hucard audio when a game is powered up, just a completely blank screen :/
I would like to rule out failure of the C6260 IC but again I ask pretty please how/can I do this by measuring voltages?