Author Topic: Question for the Obey-historians  (Read 792 times)

elderbroom

Question for the Obey-historians
« on: November 05, 2015, 01:53:12 PM »
Okay, so I finally tracked down a TG16 pack-in poster that was missing from my not so complete boxed console I picked up ~15 years ago.

I recalled having this with the new console, I got on launch day and my local Canadian Radio Shack.  So that nostalgic part of me, just had to get one back.

I want to settle some discussion with some fellow gamers/collectors.  I am under the impression that this 25x30" pack in poster came in each and every TG16 console sold (at least in North America)

Can someone advise if at any time they stopped shipping NA TG16 consoles with this poster.

I am referencing the following poster.

-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

Black Tiger

Re: Question for the Obey-historians
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 02:03:21 PM »
They made all the TG-16 systems before launch and never sold them all. So they're all supposed to have it.

When I sent my TG-16 away to be repaired, they sent me a refurbished system in a brown cardboard box, complete with all the docs and accessories. Including this poster.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

elderbroom

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 02:08:48 PM »
That was my understanding also .. but I have some buddy's with "poster envy"  ;-)   I want to track down the inserts that came later when Bonks was a pack-in/bundled-in game.  Or the cardstock that they simply stuck over the front of the standard box.  Never really see it up my way (Toronto, Canada)
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »
"Bonks". Sequel to "Gates of Thunder"?

elderbroom

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 02:32:38 PM »
In Canada anyway .. they started backing in Bonk's Revenge CIC, and then just Keith Courage HuCard and Manual.  And there were some extra Bonk's related inserts.

This is on the regular TG16 console ... not the later TurboDuo with Gates 4-in-1.
-----------------------
Elderbroom

elderbroom

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 02:35:04 PM »
** These are not my photos, grabbed from a Facebook group.

-----------------------
Elderbroom

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 04:36:54 PM »
They made all the TG-16 systems before launch and never sold them all. So they're all supposed to have it.

When I sent my TG-16 away to be repaired, they sent me a refurbished system in a brown cardboard box, complete with all the docs and accessories. Including this poster.
WOW all systems are launch systems then?  No revisions?  No updates or slight variations?

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

jelloslug

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 01:56:47 AM »
That poster was not in my TG-16 box when I bought it in '89. There was a 8.5" x 11" welcome card, instruction manuals, a Turbo Play ad, and a warranty card.

Black Tiger

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 05:42:12 AM »

WOW all systems are launch systems then?  No revisions?  No updates or slight variations?

Refurbed units might have variations inside, but otherwise the only variations would still be pre-launch.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

martinine

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 01:39:17 PM »
I honestly can't remember. I do think that poster is BA though!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

leonk

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 06:29:20 AM »
That poster was not in my TG-16 box when I bought it in '89. There was a 8.5" x 11" welcome card, instruction manuals, a Turbo Play ad, and a warranty card.

Where was this system purchased? USA? New or used?

Brraap

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 02:40:04 AM »
It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

jelloslug

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 09:58:23 AM »

Where was this system purchased? USA? New or used?

Purchased new in the US.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »
They all SHOULD have had the poster.

As Black Tiger mentioned they never made more TG16s outside of the initial order. With that said they did make packaging and configuration changes, and it's certainly conceivable that the poster might not have been in certain bundles.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 10:48:40 AM »
I had the poster with my 1989 TG-16.

|    |