Author Topic: US Turbo DUO Bluish (Missing Blue? or Yellow?)  (Read 254 times)

TheDeath

US Turbo DUO Bluish (Missing Blue? or Yellow?)
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:13:52 PM »
Hi there  O:)
I was fixing a US Turbo Duo, i've replaced most of the caps but it keeps displaying with a strong BLUE tint, i do not understand if that means the blue is missing?
I tried to find some info on where the "video" caps are working on the motherboard but i could not find anything, some of them looks nice and clean and i do not change them, maybe i have to?
Suggestions?
Thanks!

wilykat

Re: US Turbo DUO Bluish (Missing Blue? or Yellow?)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 11:10:45 PM »
There are red, green, and blue in video system. There is no separate yellow.  Strong blue tint could indicate either that blue signal is too strong or red/green is too weak.

How are your system connected to monitor?  Some monitor needs 220uF caps on each of the 3 video lines and some don't, check those.

deubeul

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 11:30:30 PM »
Is your Duo RGB Modded?

TheDeath

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 06:20:09 PM »
Hey, thanks fot he replies
yes, it's rgb modded. Weird thing is i have two of them (with custom cable), both have the same exact mod, first one no issues, the second one has this kind of problem.
I've been asked by a friend to change caps on boths as he's not able to solder, but thats where my skills pretty mutch ends. I know snes/nes/md stuff but i'm not realy into pce and i do not know if this could be a common problem, i was thinking infact that not-changed caps could be the main issue, i was sure about cause i fired up the console ones while changing them and i noticed different things like going to not display/no sound at all till here.
Unfortunatly i do not have many caps left in order to change all of them once for all, so i was thinking about an area on the board i might complitely change to fix this issue

HailingTheThings