Author Topic: Dragon's Curse Value new sealed?  (Read 5028 times)

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Dragon's Curse Value new sealed?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 12:19:28 AM »
Alright. I guess I did something wrong. Glad to see everyone acting mature.
Welcome to the internet.

We prolly act like children because we honestly do not know. Worth is what you can get, sealed random game might not be documented as much as Drac X or even MC. Dragons Curse is is(was) available on Virtual Console for $7 so there is a start. Retail was $50 like punk said in '91...calculate inflation: $87. Being sealed does not have as much importance in this group for the most part, there may be other forums that put more "value" on sealed games.

Personally, if I had two sealed copies of Dragons Curse, I'd put it on eBay to avoid the crap on here. Have you pieced out the lot you bought per item to give your actually cost? That would give you a starting value, and just ask double. 100% return is pretty good in this financial market.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

MNKyDeth

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 12:26:33 AM »
You will find most people here support the "open it and play it" vs the "collectard" mentality. Most people here, I find also will not pay an absurd price for a game they can get for much less opened and in good condition.

This community supports each other I have found. In terms of raffles giving away games that you are looking (hoping) to be worth $300 sealed. So of course you might not get the best treatment out of the gate.

Just remember, it's just material, it's worthless junk to most everyone in the world. It's only worth something to those that "collect". But to people that would like to enjoy those games they may offer some money toward it but not what you would want. So the price here, is exactly what PunkicCyborg said, $49.95 new unless you can find an idiot to pay more.

obey my ego

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 12:40:17 AM »
I collect and I game.

I only have a few sealed titles. Every other game in my library I have played or have the intentions to.

Also like I stated. Wasn't looking to sell it. Honestly have someone willing to trade games I need for my Genesis collection.

As for the collectard thing. I get that. I wouldn't pay 200$ for a sealed game either. I dont even pay retail for newly released ps4 games. I'm that cheap.

But I came across that lot. I bought it for cheap. So it didn't hurt me to pick it up

Punch

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 12:56:49 AM »
obey my ego

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 01:23:07 AM »
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

spenoza

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 01:45:40 AM »
Nobody here has any insight into the value of such a thing. We regularly rail at eBay prices. This community is about playing games and internal selling. Questions like "what is the value of x" go over about as well as a lead balloon, in part because nobody wants to answer a question like that, and in part because few here really know. We could probably tell you what a chip-only copy would be worth, but not sealed.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

lukester

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 01:46:45 AM »
People on this forum get a little too worked up about community sometimes.

That said OP, if you want it that bad just do a penny auction on eBay, with a buy it now price if you want. You'll get exactly what money it's worth.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 01:53:22 AM »
But I came across that lot. I bought it for cheap.

You just bought them, so don't you know exactly what they're worth?

Based on completed ebay sales, it's worth ~$200, maybe more if you want to sit on a higher priced BIN for months (years).  You have your answer.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

obey my ego

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 02:12:01 AM »
I paid 300 for them all. Only because he showed me actraiser sells for 270ish.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 02:14:55 AM »
So you bought it for maybe $50 and want to flip it for $300, yet you don't consider yourself a scalping d-bag?  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gentlegamer

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 02:18:32 AM »
I'll give you $1 for SimCity.

PunkicCyborg

(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

SignOfZeta

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 02:25:15 AM »
I paid 300 for them all. Only because he showed me actraiser sells for 270ish.

Maybe when you are old enough to open your own bank account you'll learn what an actual investment is.

$300? Go f*ck yourself, ya wannabe Bernie Madoff.

grolt

Dragon's Curse Value new sealed?
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 02:27:44 AM »
yo dudes i just got a killer deal on sealed games nobody plays. just wanted to try and boast about my deal hunting skillz before i ask about trading said game on the system we all love for a omg valuable game for a sega console. i could check ebay for sold sealed items but then i wouldn't be able to brag about getting all these games on the cheap. oh yeah it's my first post, obey lol
I'm a notorious strange man.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 02:29:14 AM »
I'm surprised that gloat pic didn't have some '95 Jordan's and three $100 bills in it.