Author Topic: Dragon's Curse Value new sealed?  (Read 5088 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: Dragon's Curse Value new sealed?
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2016, 01:01:31 PM »
Is that actually the same Game Dude? If so, it must be one of the longer lasting stores in the US.

Yes it is and yes, it has been there forever and is still there in NoHo. I worked there out of high School. The store still rocks and funny as it is, there are still a couple of guys that still work there from when I did which was over 20 years ago. LONG TIME AGO!
Best price list on the web. :P Got Power Golf there for $12 free shipping over the holidays. Very cool.

djolof

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2016, 01:20:31 PM »
P.S. as far as collectard thing goes. Don't let these clowns get to ya. 99% of this forum are collectards. They like Turbo shoelaces, old urine stained turbo magazine ads and old NEC carboard boxes. Most likely whoever calls u collectard here are 100% hippocrit collectard themselves.

Grade your shit!!!!!!!! It's worth more that way!!!!

Tool- do you have another Turbo-Grafx "market report" for us this week?

blueraven

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2016, 01:27:36 PM »
PLEASE ENTER ME IN THIS RAFFLE
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

T2KFreeker

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2016, 02:01:11 PM »
Is that actually the same Game Dude? If so, it must be one of the longer lasting stores in the US.

Yes it is and yes, it has been there forever and is still there in NoHo. I worked there out of high School. The store still rocks and funny as it is, there are still a couple of guys that still work there from when I did which was over 20 years ago. LONG TIME AGO!
Best price list on the web. :P Got Power Golf there for $12 free shipping over the holidays. Very cool.

Yeah, but keep in mind that it's a Game List, doesn't necessarily mean it's what they have in stock. Still, the prices, for the most part, are quite fair and always have been. Not saying there was never that odd moment though when reading the price list where you go, WTF?
END OF LINE.

johnnykonami

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2016, 02:16:28 PM »
anything sealed should be graded, it adds value. If you wanna play this crappy game download an emulator.

Now I'm sure you are a troll!  Advocating the entombment of games in little plastic coffins is not good for anybody but the a$$holes who started that scam.

DarkKobold

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2016, 02:34:46 PM »
Just checking in...
Hey, you.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2016, 03:43:54 PM »

obey my ego

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2016, 04:41:30 PM »
I wouldn't judge someone for collecting sealed shit. I mean how many of you have games just sitting on shelves you never play as well? Once I beat an RPG I put it down. I couldn't play through them a second time. Work limits my time.

Hell I have a few ps4 games still sealed because my time is limited and some games take 20+ hours to beat.

I collect other things like rifles. That only get used 1-2 times a year. Does that mean I should stop collecting them?

None the less I respect your opinions. But calling people out and insulting them just because they find sealed games as a nice display item in the game room is a bit ass backwards.

Like I mentioned in the other thread. If someone wants to offer me a open complete TurboGrafx game in trade I'll gladly open one and trade with you.

VenomMacbeth

Dragon's Curse Value new sealed?
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »
Why can't you do both?  Unseal your minty fresh game & play it, then put that fresh hotness back on your shelf when you're done. 

Yes, I collect games, and yes, the majority of them sit unplayed most of the time...but they're there because I like them, and I might like to come back to them later.

The last sealed game I bought was a best-of copy of F-Zero for the SNES.  I kept it entombed for a long time, but ultimately I opened it.  I wanted the experience of opening & playing a new game (even though I'd played F-Zero prior to then).

It's the people that collect sealed games just to leave them sealed that I don't get.  The only purpose for doing that is to ensure the object maintains maximum collectard value.

Despite the bullshit Tool is feeding you, this forum is *not* mostly collectards.  We all have a collection, sure, but I can't think of one guy here offhand that buys sealed video games just to hoard them & ultimately sell them. 

We all players up in here.  Don't hate the player, hate the collectards.  Listen to the immortal teachings of Ron Jeremy.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

obey my ego

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2016, 05:33:22 PM »
I wasnt listening. I don't care what another man does. I don't have time to judge people for liking something. Unless you're into little kids. Then I got some free time to judge.

I don't care so much about value. I think they look good displayed.

I do get your point. Sitting there sealed I can't even play them. I guess it's like hanging a picture. You can't do much with it. But I'm sure you like looking at it.

VenomMacbeth

Dragon's Curse Value new sealed?
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2016, 06:13:21 PM »
I do get your point. Sitting there sealed I can't even play them. I guess it's like hanging a picture. You can't do much with it. But I'm sure you like looking at it.

That's an interesting analogy.  And I did keep that copy of F-Zero sealed for awhile for that very reason...

However, the only reason I bought that copy was because I'm a big fan of the F-Zero series as a whole & having a sealed example of one of the games was exciting to me...but not as exciting as opening the game & pretending to experience it for the first time.

Y'see, pictures you can hang up on the wall & everyone sees them, and everything that can be experienced from those pictures is right there in front of your face.  However, if you display a MISB video game, you've basically turned your display into a storefront - nobody that sees it will know what it's like to play the game.

You're better off buying/making some cover art posters of your favorite games, and playing the rest when you can, with that logic.  Between my job & my kid, I haven't found as much time to play video games recently either...but if it's something you care about, you make time. 

The only conceivable reason I'd see owning video games, but not playing them, is showing off how much self-control you have.  It'd be like displaying a hermetically sealed, delicious cake.  Sure, it looks tasty, but nobody will ever know that for sure because they can't eat it.  All of your friends will be like "omg that looks delicious, how haven't you eaten any yet?"

Every object made by human hands serves some kind of purpose.  Sometimes it's just sitting there & being looked at.  That's for things like antiques & porcelain dolls.  Cars are meant to be driven, toys are meant to be played with, cakes are meant to be eaten, and video games are meant to be played.  I never understood the point in collecting any of those things if you can't experience & enjoy them, unless doing so absolutely destroys them.
Play Turbografx.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Jibbajaba

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2016, 06:31:41 PM »

I got Shadow of the Beast there a couple of years ago, still sealed.  Price was still whatever is on the price list.  Opened that bitch up and played it as soon as I got home.  Unsealed a copy of John Madden Duo CD Football the same year.  f*ck sealed games.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2016, 06:36:08 PM »

f*ck sealed games.

You didn't get any satisfaction knowing those games hadn't been touched or seen the light of day since they left the proverbial "factory"?  I can't be the only one.  It feels like f*cking Christmas.
Play Turbografx.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Vimtoman

« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »
I've just bought some sealed games :)

I may open them up. Baa

I also have a Turbo everdrive.

Sort of holding me back from opening them.

lukester

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2016, 10:14:22 PM »
That's fine. Guess I'm a collectard

Collectards! Collectards!

You really need to dial it down sometimes Gentlegamer. I think almost every single one of your posts contains the word "collectard".