Author Topic: Dragon's Curse Value new sealed?  (Read 5056 times)

obey my ego

Re: Dragon's Curse Value new sealed?
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2016, 05:02:50 PM »
I agree. Emulation blows. But ever drives use real hardware. No issues yet.

I will probably open my other dragon's curse and play it. I can't afford to pay 189 for a open complete copy.

As for my other sealed games. I plan on trading them for open copies of games I can play. The only game I will keep that is sealed is truxton. That game means a lot to me. It was the last game I played with my uncle before his passing.

johnnykonami

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2016, 05:09:02 PM »
I can't believe DC is going for these prices. Market's outta control man.  It's a good game though, you should play it for sure.

tool

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2016, 11:05:29 PM »
If you open every single sealed retro game out there, you are destroying rare relics and artifacts. In 100 years all you will see is crappy pos cartridges. They won't be anything special at all.

If you dig a hole in a desert in Egypt and pull out a shit load of Ancient Egyptian jewelry and you act like a moron saying no i'm gonna wear it or i'm gonna let my girlfriend wear it (most likely you don't have one). Instead of submitting that relic jewelry to museum, BUT NO!!! It must be worn, must be played with like a sack of nuts. Get over yourself, people will always collect rare sealed games and will always keep those artifacts SEALED.

Bottom line is, stop shitting on every member that joins who wants to collect rare sealed games because they already have unsealed versions of those same games.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2016, 11:42:14 PM »
If you open every single sealed retro game out there, you are destroying rare relics and artifacts. In 100 years all you will see is crappy pos cartridges. They won't be anything special at all.

If you dig a hole in a desert in Egypt and pull out a shit load of Ancient Egyptian jewelry and you act like a moron saying no i'm gonna wear it or i'm gonna let my girlfriend wear it (most likely you don't have one). Instead of submitting that relic jewelry to museum, BUT NO!!! It must be worn, must be played with like a sack of nuts. Get over yourself, people will always collect rare sealed games and will always keep those artifacts SEALED.

Bottom line is, stop shitting on every member that joins who wants to collect rare sealed games because they already have unsealed versions of those same games.

I liked your earlier, funnier posts better.

djolof

« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2016, 12:08:01 AM »

Tool, based on future market reports, I believe it's more likely people 100 years in the future will wear turbo grafx games as jewelry rather than actually playing any of the games. Thoughts?

toymachine78

« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2016, 02:25:48 AM »

Artifacts? Market Reports? Lol Jesus... Give me a break. Instead of collectard, I guess you consider yourself an Antiquities Gaming Anthropologist/Antique Game Economist.

I can picture you in a thrift store examining games with a jewelers loop, and dusting them off with a paint brush lol
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:07:08 AM by toymachine78 »

Bonknuts

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2016, 03:58:27 AM »

You do realize that nearly all games will have died the bit-rot death - compact disc or rom. It'll happen inside a sealed box just as much as a loose cart or disc. So what does it matter in 100 years???

This is why emulation is important; it preserves this art form and a piece of culture. In the grand scheme of things, given that functionality is waayy more important than the physical display of the item, sealed copies contribute to nothing. The most important thing is the experience of playing the game, and that's what emulation strives to accomplish, even when people think an emulator is 100% - emulation authors are still striving for that last 1 to 2% accuracy. Clearly you haven't thought this through. Game experience > than a sealed game.

The only reason you put so much importance on a sealed game, vs an opened game, is because of how important it makes you feel. Nothing more, nothing less.

Punch

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2016, 04:38:07 AM »
Why are people replying seriously to Tool's obvious trolling?

Anyway, it is funny to think that in forums like NA people think they are "preserving" videogame history by just slapping a VGA box on a sealed game. They seriously think that their "investment" will last centuries if it's not opened and has a protective box with a gold sticker on it. Hell just look at sealed turbo games, where the plastic of the hucard sleeve eats the game away, imagine actual cartridges with full sized batteries and capacitors lol.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2016, 05:03:29 AM »

Anyway, it is funny to think that in forums like NA people think they are "preserving" videogame history by just slapping a VGA box on a sealed game. They seriously think that their "investment" will last centuries if it's not opened and has a protective box with a gold sticker on it. Hell just look at sealed turbo games, where the plastic of the hucard sleeve eats the game away, imagine actual cartridges with full sized batteries and capacitors lol.
I guess people like their stuff smelling of fish?

tool

« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2016, 05:05:42 AM »

You do realize that nearly all games will have died the bit-rot death - compact disc or rom. It'll happen inside a sealed box just as much as a loose cart or disc. So what does it matter in 100 years???

This is why emulation is important; it preserves this art form and a piece of culture. In the grand scheme of things, given that functionality is waayy more important than the physical display of the item, sealed copies contribute to nothing. The most important thing is the experience of playing the game, and that's what emulation strives to accomplish, even when people think an emulator is 100% - emulation authors are still striving for that last 1 to 2% accuracy. Clearly you haven't thought this through. Game experience > than a sealed game.

The only reason you put so much importance on a sealed game, vs an opened game, is because of how important it makes you feel. Nothing more, nothing less.

no point to open a sealed Mario 3 when you have five used Mario 3 and your cousin has three more.

you make no point at all. I like that you attempted, it was the best reply so far.

Bonknuts

« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2016, 05:59:57 AM »
I like that you attempted, it was the best reply so far.
Well, at least you could have given me a number score (say, out of 10). Possibly curve it, too.

toymachine78

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2016, 06:21:57 AM »

no point to open a sealed Mario 3 when you have five used Mario 3 and your cousin has three more.

you make no point at all. I like that you attempted, it was the best reply so far.
I don't have Mario 3. Can you send me one?

Vimtoman

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2016, 06:31:09 AM »
This threads getting a bit "Baa"

Just get over it .

You do or you don't.

jelloslug

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2016, 07:08:19 AM »

Black Tiger

« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2016, 07:10:45 AM »

Or buddy asking $2500 for his sealed/untested LaserActive pak.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum