Author Topic: I can't get Strider to work on my Turboduo?  (Read 608 times)

SignOfZeta

I can't get Strider to work on my Turboduo?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
Quote from: "Bloodsack"
Thanks for everyones input.  I've been reading the duo's aren't very relieable.

Whoever told you that is nuts. PCE hardware in general is as well made as anything, even Nintendo, and their CD systems will outlast any CD system.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 11:06:49 AM »
Quote from: "vestcoat"

You can buy the Miria Converter for $99 at TZD.com

I don't know. I only paid $60 for my Duo R. That's an entire spare *system*, with %100 AC compatability. Converters annoy the hell out of me in general, but $100 is just...nuts.

vestcoat

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 11:41:11 AM »
I agree that $99 is nuts.  I got my Miria converter for $75, which is almost as bad, but $50-150 is the price converters are going for these days.  Barney's are usually the cheapest with Kisados and 505 converters being the most expensive.  I went with a converter instead of a system mod because I have multiple decks and wanted to play imports on more than just one system.  Converters don't really make sense otherwise.
Btw, the picture of the 505 in the NEC Compatibility Guide on this site doesn't look very cool because it's missing the top cover.  The ones I’ve seen on ebay recently look awesome.  It looks like an actual extension of a black Duo deck instead of some stupid circuit board sticking out of your system.

Quote from: "SignOfZeta"
Quote from: "Bloodsack"
Thanks for everyone’s input.  I've been reading the duo's aren't very relieable.

Whoever told you that is nuts. PCE hardware in general is as well made as anything, even Nintendo, and their CD systems will outlast any CD system.

I think he was just comparing the black Duo systems to the R and RX.  I have an American Turbo Duo and have never had any problems with overheating but for a new gamer I think it would be a good idea to buy the most recently manufactured system possible simply because these things are pushing 15 years.
I remember D-lite saying something about the Duo-R and RX having less sound problems because they moved the heat sinks.  
Also, be careful using CDr back-ups.  CDr's weren't really around when the Duo's were made and I seriously screwed up one of my decks trying to play one.